• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Galactic is my favorite kirby character. i would love to see him in.

i'd replace meta with Galactic, DDD with marx, and kirby with Plasmakirby Unleashed (custom character)

parasol Doo would be a better choice, do to extra beam attacks. maybe biospark or simirror...

crazy brawler

Smash Cadet
just wondering, would taking boss model and make it to a player model be possible so we can play them (well maybe not all move could be get well can someone answer this)

FireC

Smash Cadet
just wondering, would taking boss model and make it to a player model be possible so we can play them (well maybe not all move could be get well can someone answer this)
Similar to what you are saying, this I have been trying to do with SSBBarc's brres/pac automatic file replacer... but I have run into one problem. I need an actual brres packer, the animation data for bosses are very similar to a players', but stored differently, if I had a brres packer, I could arrange the bosses' files in the way the characters are arranged in.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this kind of stuff takes time.
One successful model and everyone thinks I have a releasable program that is ready to give them all the characters they've fantasized about since the game was announced... :urg:

And Pharrox, your avatar is sexy.

And glad you got it to work, Pharrox. I'll impatiently wait for the release, hoping it will be hard so random noobs won't make 135013513 Roys, Soras, Sephiroths, Mickey Mouses or even Pac-Man. Oh god, I better not see these characters be shown like crazy. I'm sure I'll get butt-waped after saying that, but who cares, it's my opinion.

ROY SUCKS. :3
Please no

I hope we'll see a release within the next week :)
That would be great :lick:
No, not publically anyway.

@Pharrox:
I think me or someone else started the subject of "replacing the games models with other model to have them playable in game."While editing a character model, would you be able to place another model in the same editing file, save it, and inject it (or whatever the method will be) into the brawl ISO, will the new model operate (animations, etc) like the model it replaced?

EX: You open, i.e, the Lucario model file, and replace the model with the 3D model of Mewtwo for SSBM? I know this sounds a little bit odd and extreme, but would it be possible? Just need some estimates or opinions."
Pharrox, can you answer?
You would need the animations to go with it.

The problem remains: The model file must replace something.
Sonic

shukakusand

Smash Rookie
I'm planning to make all the metroid bounty hunters.I have already
made Sylux and I'm planning to do Rundas next but I'll just wait for the
converter until I start on him.

Hey Pharrox,
what do you mean when you say you won't release it publically?

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I mean that it's still a ways away from being done. I already promised someone they could test it, but I'm not ready to release it to the forums yet.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Um... what? ._.
He means that if we were to replace a character, it would be Sonic.
So Pharrox, we can't replace character models unless we have attack and movement animations for the new models? Not even bone-rigging would work?

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
@RyuReiatsu and PlasmaKirby1

Now those are some good ideas.

Also, Tiberious, the guy who made ASH, CUPASH and Stage ASH (Forgot his name, I apologize) made an extractor that can extract any model. That's how I got Bowser Jr. like ThatGuyYouMightKnow said. As for the private message you sent me, I blocked you because you were being annoying to me.
Have a link to it? Google's not been my friend recently.

Also, private message? I never sent any PMs.

Edit: Just so it's clear, I'm after the Alloys' models except for Green (who converted with Pharrox's latest released version: 1.1.3). These are the ones that people seem to ignore, and that ais 1.1.3 fails to convert. If a 1.1.4 that addresses this were to be released, then there wouldn't be a problem.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
He means that if we were to replace a character, it would be Sonic.
So Pharrox, we can't replace character models unless we have attack and movement animations for the new models? Not even bone-rigging would work?
I meant that the model file, being a .pac file, would have to replace either a costume or a moveset.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice

crazy brawler

Smash Cadet
i just think of a awesome giga bowser that would be done with model hack but i can't draw it so i can show it because i suck at drawing

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@Pharrox

What do you mean by "Please no" ? Were you agreeing to the fact that I didn't want to see characters such as Sephiroth or Pac-Man? Also, Tiberius, I was talking about ThatGuyYouMightKnow.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Just agreeing with you. Not looking forward to the flood of characters you mentioned. Kinda inevitable though..

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Just agreeing with you. Not looking forward to the flood of characters you mentioned. Kinda inevitable though..
>_> It will take longer to happen if it isn't user-friendly...*hint*make everything in greek!
-DD

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Unless you or the beta testers release one, I'd give it a week after the programs release before we have any good models.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
>_> It will take longer to happen if it isn't user-friendly...*hint*make everything in greek!
-DD
That's just delaying the inevitable and halting the creative people who can't speak "greek". So, if it's going to happen anyway why not get it over with right away?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
That's just delaying the inevitable and halting the creative people who can't speak "greek". So, if it's going to happen anyway why not get it over with right away?
>=[ I dunno. Its all greek to me!
Nyak Nyak.

*Keeps waiting*
-DD

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
It's not a magic wand for making your heart's desires come true. If you have the skill, you'll understand it. Anyway guys, creativity is one thing. But it'll go nowhere without skill, regardless of whether you understand the converter or not. Making the program not especially user friendly will only cut off people who AREN'T creative. :-P

I'd be all for it being in Greek. I'd actually be all for a few trusted people having the converter and authors sending their stuff to such people to be converted. Then again, I guess that's expected of me at this point, huh? ^_^"

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Ok guys, i thought that i should give you a preview of what i have been making...

Here it is... RAIDEN! (MGS4 version)

Its not done yet, but i will be working on it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It's not a magic wand for making your heart's desires come true. If you have the skill, you'll understand it. Anyway guys, creativity is one thing. But it'll go nowhere without skill, regardless of whether you understand the converter or not. Making the program not especially user friendly will only cut off people who AREN'T creative. :-P

I'd be all for it being in Greek. I'd actually be all for a few trusted people having the converter and authors sending their stuff to such people to be converted. Then again, I guess that's expected of me at this point, huh? ^_^"
=P That's how I feel too. I mean, look at PSA. It isn't EXTREMELY user friendly, and the amount of junk that has been posted is pretty little. Most of the popular postings are characters using creative changes with people who understand what is going on.

=[ I wanna be a trusted person though...cause I'd like some Mewtwo love ;O!
-DD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

=P That's how I feel too. I mean, look at PSA. It isn't EXTREMELY user friendly, and the amount of junk that has been posted is pretty little. Most of the popular postings are characters using creative changes with people who understand what is going on.

=[ I wanna be a trusted person though...cause I'd like some Mewtwo love ;O!
-DD
*facepalm* ...Only greedy and selfish people like you who only want to see what you want and hate seeing people like popular things would say stuff like that. ¬.¬

Quit being so uptight trying to keep it for yourselves. If the crazy fanboys wanna make their stuff, just let them make it. It's not harming anyone in anyway, so don't be so...childish. XD I'd personally like to let them all just get it over with, especially since ONE of them will make an actual good one. ¦D

Besides, not all of us are natural tech-nerds. We don't all wanna have to learn a bunch of junk just to do something fun for only a short moment in our lives. It's a waste of time. ¦3

And that ends my objection. Though Project SA...seems rather user-friendly to me. Especially considering all the awesome/weird/silly/stupid ideas everyone has made. o_o

Edit: Lookin' good so far Vile. :3

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
You don't really seem to understand, Kusanagi. If you're NOT knowledgeable about certain things, there's only three things you can do.

1) Become knowledgeable and put the time in to make something worthwhile.

2) Become somewhat knowledgeable yet lazy and steal models under copyright, endangering this project (IMO) and producing something not worth downloading which will only lead to immense confusion for netplay, etc.. (AKA a dozen poorly-done Roys as mentioned earlier, instead of 1 good Roy)

3) Nothing.

There is no easy way to make a model, Kusanagi. People get paid nearly a hundred thousand dollars a year on average to make models. It's an occupation for most people who know how to do it. It's like complaining that it's too hard for the average person to get a medicine approved by the FDA; most people don't know how to make medicine.

Anth0ny, Pharrox is planning on hacking animations too if I remember correctly. So it doesn't have to be "Raiden as Sheik." It can be "Raiden as Raiden." It's up to Vile, really. I'm just saying don't limit your imagination.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman

I have seen you say the magic wand thing before. Gets a little old, and losss some of it's effect. No offense.

This is where the whole learning curve thing comes in, when people want to learn something they tend to have a better chance of doing so. Darwinism if you will. I think you're underestimating people.

There is no easy way to make a model, Kusanagi. People get paid nearly a hundred thousand dollars a year on average to make models. It's an occupation for most people who know how to do it. It's like complaining that it's too hard for the average person to get a medicine approved by the FDA; most people don't know how to make medicine.
LOL. They do NOT make that much on avereage. I know for a fact you either made that up or got it off an unceditable site.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I have seen you say the magic wand thing before. Gets a little old, and losss some of it's effect. No offense.

This is where the whole learning curve thing comes in, when people want to learn something they tend to have a better chance of doing so. Darwinism if you will. I think you're underestimating people.

LOL. They do NOT make that much on avereage. I know for a fact you either made that up or got it off an unceditable site.
Actually they do make close to that <.<

Most gaming companies pay mostly to the Model Creators, the producers, and the coders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom