• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
@Tiberious

Not to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure Meowmix has already done that...a long time ago =p Go check their Download thread : http://teammeowmix.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=discuss&thread=31&page=1

You have to be signed in though to see the site =p
I downloaded the MM collection; those are trophy rips with the trophy poses. The ones I'm working on are T-posed, meaning they don't need any extra work done to put them into that state.

They also didn't have characters like GKoopa, WarioMan or ZakoBall either.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
@Rkey, yes you can make any model you want. It works almost EXACTLY like a texture hack (models are actually stored in the .PACs). Have you read the thread at all?
I read the first post, and scimmed the thread. Thing is it looked too good to be true so I wanted the catch. Is there none?

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Well I've given a few of you an expected beta release date (today) and obviously I didn't make it. :( It's taking a lot longer than I thought to write the GUI and port everything over. Currently I have the importing done and the editing options are about halfway done. Output is barely started but won't take as long since the classes have already been rewritten.

For those of you concerned about the UI, the main window is pretty simple:

As for the model editing options, well, that's a bit more complicated :p:

But don't worry, most people will only ever use a couple of the options and there will be a guide in the public release. Most of it is just an easy way for me to make sure that everything's working as it should. Also, a lot of smaller details will be tweaked to make the final version more presentable.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Oooh nice, screenshots.

And you're right, that is pretty dang complex. I'll take your word for it that things shouldn't normally be too complex, and trust that guide that will surely come out. (Plus all the support from forumites!)

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much the only things that anyone is ever going to use is the palette option in the images box, and the blank box down at the bottom. Since the materials in the models only contain references, you will need to tell it which textures have palettes and which don't (or you could just let the program handle it with the default settings). The box is to tell it where external files are stored (in the same brres, in a different brres in the same pac, etc). It isn't set now because everything I've worked on have the same settings, so it isn't needed. It will be set for the beta.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Hey pharrox, could you tell all the beta testers who else is beta testing, just incase if we need to converse about something.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I just sent out the first main round of invites, so I'll let you know when I hear back from some of them.

If you didn't get an invite and are interested in beta testing please send me an email at my username at yahoo.com. Please include a sample of your work, and let me know what you eventually hope to make. I likely won't add anyone else except those already contacted, but if I'm impressed I'll definitely let you in.

If you feel like you've been a major contributor to this topic and have experience in modeling and I didn't contact you, please give me an email or post something here. There are a few people I was considering but didn't contact because I wasn't sure if they were interested. Also, I should've gone to bed 4 hours ago, so I probably missed a couple of people.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I'm throwing out a request for a Crono model, in case anyone wants a challenge. For startes, just get Ike and give him longer hair and a proper headband ^_^

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
I'm throwing out a request for a Crono model, in case anyone wants a challenge. For startes, just get Ike and give him longer hair and a proper headband ^_^
Stop. Now.

Before this thread gets flooded with model hack request. lrn2model and do it yourself. :ohwell:

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
I'm srry for being alittle behind but just to make things clear. With this program are you just editing the models? Or can you also put them back in yet? O.o

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Putting them in back should be possible as soon as pharrox releases the latest version (with GUI and such great stuff :))

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Putting them in back should be possible as soon as pharrox releases the latest version (with GUI and such great stuff :))
thank you, and sorry for sounding n00bish. So just to make things clear, last time and w/e....this program will import the models? And will....enable new chraracters? Even though it's currently at a standard beta release and not yet available to the public.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
thank you, and sorry for sounding n00bish. So just to make things clear, last time and w/e....this program will import the models? And will....enable new chraracters? Even though it's currently at a standard beta release and not yet available to the public.
It will be able to add new models, but there is no clone engine yet, so you can't add new characters to the CSS.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
It will be able to add new models, but there is no clone engine yet, so you can't add new characters to the CSS.
Well I mean, hypothetically, when we get the CSS code working, combined with SA we should be able to right?

What I was basically asking was that Pharrox did in fact get a model successfully imported?

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
Pretty excited about where things are headed. I can't wait to see some videos with model hacks!

But yes, we really do need the ability to create character slots on the CSS. (not that there aren't several characters I would happily replace =P).

Pharrox you are awesome.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Well I mean, hypothetically, when we get the CSS code working, combined with SA we should be able to right?

What I was basically asking was that Pharrox did in fact get a model successfully imported?
Yes, he stated he had "SUCCESS" a while back.
It was not shown/released, however.

Also, quick question. The animations are in the number pacs, right? So, could that mean that we could have two very different looking attacks using the same fitblahnonumbers.pac?

crazy brawler

Smash Cadet
i would at least like that we can get to try model hack before my school start that start at 8 september. well we will see if it go well enough to get release

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Yes, he stated he had "SUCCESS" a while back.
It was not shown/released, however.

Also, quick question. The animations are in the number pacs, right? So, could that mean that we could have two very different looking attacks using the same fitblahnonumbers.pac?
Yeah, I did get a model imported. Nothing was shown or released because I'm not a 3d artist and I don't want the first thing shown to be something I threw together for testing purposes.

Animations are in the FitCharacterMotion files, so no, you can't have more than one animation per character slot.

i would at least like that we can get to try model hack before my school start that start at 8 september. well we will see if it go well enough to get release
That's the gaol (I start the same day). :)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yeah, I did get a model imported. Nothing was shown or released because I'm not a 3d artist and I don't want the first thing shown to be something I threw together for testing purposes.

Animations are in the FitCharacterMotion files, so no, you can't have more than one animation per character slot.

*coughcheckyouremailplease*
-DD

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice

Hey Pharrox, question about the whole model/animation hacking process. Will this work in much the same way as the .pac files do for PSA moveset edits? And exactly what type of files are FitCharacterMotion files (.fcm?? :confused:)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If you guys read the topic, you'd realize he was able to import models like, two weeks ago. He's just working on the utilities to do so now, and it's probably going to be in closed beta in a day or so.

Smash Ace
Everyone here is a little confused on model importing, the character wont look 100% because of the bone structures. Like mewtwo will be able to have a long tale, but it will be stiff nearing the end.

Smash Ace
They are editable now, its just the amount of bones and their names that wont match. The animations are what we have to edit if we want bones to do anything (even if we move the positions of the bones now, they will still revert back to the original positions for the animation).

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
They are editable now, its just the amount of bones and their names that wont match. The animations are what we have to edit if we want bones to do anything (even if we move the positions of the bones now, they will still revert back to the original positions for the animation).
But still this is great news VILE. So there may be some complications but we'll see past them shortly.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Well, since I never got any reply on what format was wanted, or what pokémon outfits I should've included, I went with .dae and color 00 for all of them.

While I extracted everything I could, if you want a Pikachu or Jigglypuff with a hat, I've included their 01-04 PACs, as well as AiS 0.1.3 and its required DLLs.

All characters are converted; this includes Wario Man, Giga Bowser and Green Alloy. I put the PACs for Red Alloy, Blue Alloy and Yellow Alloy in their respective directories for when an updated AiS is released.

This pack is also a step up on MeoMix's set because they're already T-posed, and not trophy rips.

Download them here.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well, since I never got any reply on what format was wanted, or what pokémon outfits I should've included, I went with .dae and color 00 for all of them.

While I extracted everything I could, if you want a Pikachu or Jigglypuff with a hat, I've included their 01-04 PACs, as well as AiS 0.1.3 and its required DLLs.

All characters are converted; this includes Wario Man, Giga Bowser and Green Alloy. I put the PACs for Red Alloy, Blue Alloy and Yellow Alloy in their respective directories for when an updated AiS is released.

This pack is also a step up on MeoMix's set because they're already T-posed, and not trophy rips.

Download them here.
Think you can TPose Mewtwo's trophy for me? =D!
-DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom