• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I doubt it would be possible without ALOT of work; it likely doesn't have any bones in it.
v_v Okay, I'll start modding this TPosed Lucario then.

and then when I open your .dae files, we get a slew of errors:

>_> Kittycorp stuff opens without a hitch.

DX halp.
-DD

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
v_v Okay, I'll start modding this TPosed Lucario then.

and then when I open your .dae files, we get a slew of errors:

<Error screen removed>

>_> Kittycorp stuff opens without a hitch.

DX halp.
-DD
This is exactly why I needed to know WHAT format you wanted it in. I'm able to open the .dae files just fine (tested with Green Alloy, Giga Bowser, Sonic and Falcon).

Let me know what format you need (I'm using 3DS Max 9), and I can do that.

Zephron

Smash Ace
You could, in theory, grab any character's model and then simply edit the model but keep the proportions exact, (such as arm length and height)

Would the model look perfectly fluid? (No stiff parts, arms actually moving)

I'm assuming so because the bones should still fit the model... the proportions are the same.

Plus with size modifier codes you can edit the size of the bones, right? So I say pretty much anything should fit the bone size.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
This is exactly why I needed to know WHAT format you wanted it in. I'm able to open the .dae files just fine (tested with Green Alloy, Giga Bowser, Sonic and Falcon).

Let me know what format you need (I'm using 3DS Max 9), and I can do that.
o_o I'm using 3DS Max 9 too.

x_x Maybe upload a .max file?

I get these errors when importing the .dae with the default settings:

and the display screens show me this:

So yea.
:3 You tell me what should work, I'm not the greatest with this program.
-DD

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Ah. You need the plugin found here. That's what the problem is.

I think you're trying to use the one that comes with 3DS Max, and that one doesn't want to work right.

Edit: Also, make sure you select the '.DAE, .XML' COLLADA extension when importing the model.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ah. You need the plugin found here. That's what the problem is.

I think you're trying to use the one that comes with 3DS Max, and that one doesn't want to work right.

Edit: Also, make sure you select the '.DAE, .XML' COLLADA extension when importing the model.
o_o It worked fine for the trophies...weird. I'll give this a shot then.
thanks!
-DD

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Anybody got it working in-game yet? Or does Pharrox not want you to put out screenshots? I'd like to see... Well, any model injected.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
The are .PACs
...Oh ****, so they would replace files such as...let's say for Roy, the fitmarthXX (fitmarth01, fitmarth02, etc) files?

If so, that's AWESOME! :chuckle:

Quote by Vile: They are editable now, its just the amount of bones and their names that wont match. The animations are what we have to edit if we want bones to do anything (even if we move the positions of the bones now, they will still revert back to the original positions for the animation).

Well, if you intend on making a Roy model off of Marth, the bones are pretty frickin close ;D

stickman

Smash Apprentice
...Oh ****, so they would replace files such as...let's say for Roy, the fitmarthXX (fitmarth01, fitmarth02, etc) files?

If so, that's AWESOME! :chuckle:

Quote by Vile: They are editable now, its just the amount of bones and their names that wont match. The animations are what we have to edit if we want bones to do anything (even if we move the positions of the bones now, they will still revert back to the original positions for the animation).

Well, if you intend on making a Roy model off of Marth, the bones are pretty frickin close ;D
still wrong, bud
the Fit(character)MotionEtc files are actually called Fit(character)MotionEtc.pac

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
What the stickman? There is a model in EACH .pac file, and a lower poly shadow model to accompany it. All of the animations are in Fit***MotionEtc.pac, some are in Fit***.pac (but i wouldnt call them animations, since its just texture animations, never seen a CHR0 in there).

Smash Ace
I doubt it would be possible without ALOT of work; it likely doesn't have any bones in it.
ALSO, i made a mewtwo model for stacksmash a long time ago. It was based around the trophy model. Its textured and rigged, but i dont have my CPU on me (probs wont have it for like 2 or 3 weeks).

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
why aren't the bones editable? or did I misunderstand? Are the bones editable but will revert back to the character you're replacing's original bones if you use that characters animations? If that's what you mean, then editing the animations would be the fix, yes? So is that possible yet? @_@

So much info and so many questions flying around, it's getting confusing. :laugh:

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
The bones can be edited, but they'll revert if you don't change the bones in the animations. Or something along those lines.

Smash Ace
Ok the bones can be edited however you please, but they will revert them selves to the animations positions (it will go back to exactly how marths animations look), but if its rigged with the bones being eidted, everything will get ****ed up, so its best only move the bones a tiny bit, but even then, you could suffer from stretching.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
But replacing the animations with your own, with the right bones and positions, would solve that right? Can we replace animations yet?

Smash Ace
Yeh, but he said he is working on them, 2nd or 3rd release should have animations. If we are lucky he might get them done by 1st release, he said they looked fairly easy.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
What the stickman? There is a model in EACH .pac file, and a lower poly shadow model to accompany it. All of the animations are in Fit***MotionEtc.pac, some are in Fit***.pac (but i wouldnt call them animations, since its just texture animations, never seen a CHR0 in there).
I wasn't denying that. In a previous post, he didn't know what the file extension for the Fit***MotionEtc files was called, and there aren't Fit***MotionEtc.pac files for every character slot. I just wanted to correct him so he doesn't think each slot can have its own model and animations.
Unless is there something more that I am missing?

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Yeh, but he said he is working on them, 2nd or 3rd release should have animations. If we are lucky he might get them done by 1st release, he said they looked fairly easy.
Ah I see. Now I've got it straight. :laugh: thanks.

Here's hoping the animations will be in the first release, but even if not, at least soon thereafter. :D

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
still wrong, bud
the Fit(character)MotionEtc files are actually called Fit(character)MotionEtc.pac
Oic, that's still pretty awesome nonetheless lol.

So just to clear things up, once the models are released as .pac files, we will be able to use them along with PSA edits and textures with ease?

stickman

Smash Apprentice
Oic, that's still pretty awesome nonetheless lol.

So just to clear things up, once the models are released as .pac files, we will be able to use them along with PSA edits and textures with ease?
Yes and no. Since the models probably won't be released without any animations attached to them, the creator should already have a moveset and animations to be released as well. You can go ahead and edit whatever you like in PSA and whatnot, but you won't get much better than what the original designer already released.

EDIT: so really, when a model is released, expect to get 6 Fit[character]##.pac files (for different costumes), a Fit[character].pac file, and a Fit[character]MotionEtc.pac file.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
I might as well show a picture of what will be my first model. I haven't worked on it in like 2 months because I've been busy with another project, though. Hopefully, that'll be done soon and I'll be able to resume work on it:

Yes, it's not much; just most of the head. But that's the hardest part for this model, anyway. If anyone wants to see the progression of the head, here it is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Knightcrawler/BabyFaced.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Knightcrawler/HmmEarly.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Knightcrawler/HmmNight2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Knightcrawler/HmmmmHair.jpg

I'm not gonna say what it is. If a high percentage guesses right, I'll confirm it, though. :-P As a hint, I'm not done with the hair. There'll be more of it, and it'll be slightly different. There's also another object that will be added to the head

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
I might as well show a picture of what will be my first model. I haven't worked on it in like 2 months because I've been busy with another project, though. Hopefully, that'll be done soon and I'll be able to resume work on it:

Yes, it's not much; just most of the head. But that's the hardest part for this model, anyway. If anyone wants to see the progression of the head, here it is:

I'm not gonna say what it is. If a high percentage guesses right, I'll confirm it, though. :-P As a hint, I'm not done with the hair. There'll be more of it, and it'll be slightly different. There's also another object that will be added to the head
So obvious. Roy. Please make it awesome :D

Quote by stickman: Yes and no. Since the models probably won't be released without any animations attached to them, the creator should already have a moveset and animations to be released as well. You can go ahead and edit whatever you like in PSA and whatnot, but you won't get much better than what the original designer already released.

EDIT: so really, when a model is released, expect to get 6 Fit[character]##.pac files (for different costumes), a Fit[character].pac file, and a Fit[character]MotionEtc.pac file.

Ah, NOW you're talkin. That's pretty much as clear as you can get lol. This is interesting.

TerraScythe

Smash Rookie
Wicked.

Hey, long time lurker here.

Just skimmed the thread for last hour, GREAT JOB! Looks amazing!
I love smash and am a 3d artist so the possibilities are really exciting.
Can't wait to use this, keep it up :)

TS

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
No one has it yet, I already told you >=[.
Also:
Colladamax is no longer available.
http://www.feelingsoftware.com/en_US/3D-collada-tools/collada-tools/collada-premium/colladamax.html

Besides, I'm pretty sure I already have it...
<Image Snipped>
-DD
I've RARed the installer; can be had here.

The one I have only gives two options when importing a Collada file: Import Units and Import Up-axis (both of which default to checked and should stay that way).

Are you 100% positive you're selecting the right type? It should say "COLLADA (*.DAE,*.XML)" (all caps; giving those two extensions as possibilities).

Otherwise, I'll have to select a format to export them to and add them as a supplement.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord

The one I have only gives two options when importing a Collada file: Import Units and Import Up-axis (both of which default to checked and should stay that way).

Are you 100% positive you're selecting the right type? It should say "COLLADA (*.DAE,*.XML)" (all caps; giving those two extensions as possibilities).

Otherwise, I'll have to select a format to export them to and add them as a supplement.
D: Aw crap, it's only a 3DS Max thing? ;~; Not fair. I don't have 3DS.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

o_o;; Uh...I think the problem is that I'm using 2009...not 9.

*facepalm*
So yea. What now? xD!
-DD

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
D: Aw crap, it's only a 3DS Max thing? ;~; Not fair. I don't have 3DS.
o_o;; Uh...I think the problem is that I'm using 2009...not 9.

*facepalm*
So yea. What now? xD!
-DD
What now? What now is what I'd been trying to find out this whole time: What format should I export them to?

I mean, honestly, this isn't such a hard question to answer, is it?

Finman702

Smash Journeyman

[Img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Knightcrawler/HmmHair2.jpg[/Img]

At first I was like, "That can't be Roy!"
But with more hair, and a headband I could definatly see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom