• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Go to like the first few pages and you'll see it tons.

It's just the melee model. Nothing you haven't seen, but seeing it in brawl would of course be epic.

EDIT: I'm nice so I looked it up and it's on page 9.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I posted a while back, haven't logged in lately, so I've been lurking for a while.

By what I'm seeing it seems as if Pharrox released the beta. Has anyone injected the models yet?

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
closed beta just means that only a few people are selected to test it, unlike say, the halo 3 beta where anyone could play if they bought crackdown, I mainly just want the beta testers, who have not been selected and/or made known to post sumthin for the rest of us, whenever they get around testing,

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
closed beta just means that only a few people are selected to test it, unlike say, the halo 3 beta where anyone could play if they bought crackdown, I mainly just want the beta testers, who have not been selected and/or made known to post sumthin for the rest of us, whenever they get around testing,
I have been told Pharrox doesn't want anything released to the public, i.e. You and me.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Go to like the first few pages and you'll see it tons.

It's just the melee model. Nothing you haven't seen, but seeing it in brawl would of course be epic.

EDIT: I'm nice so I looked it up and it's on page 9.
That roy model wont look so epic ingame, he will be streched to marths proportions, thats why one should be made from scratch.

Also, someone posted a link to a mewtwo model... Not to crush dreams or anything, but the person making that will have a HORRIBLE time rigging and unwrapping that. It will stretch ALOT when its moving, also the legs dont seem like they will cooperate with the rigging. I made a mewtwo model a while back, but i moved the bones a bit when rigging (not too noticeable streching wise, except on the tail, i screwed it there). I was intending to remake it, its actually what got me on the StackSmash team :p

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
Oh well, knightcrawler cleared things up, thanks (sorta). I guess we'll just have to be patient

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
@Chileno: brres (or pac) format doesn't have to do anything with PAL / NTSC. Means it (should) work for any region.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
That roy model wont look so epic ingame, he will be streched to marths proportions, thats why one should be made from scratch.

Also, someone posted a link to a mewtwo model... Not to crush dreams or anything, but the person making that will have a HORRIBLE time rigging and unwrapping that. It will stretch ALOT when its moving, also the legs dont seem like they will cooperate with the rigging. I made a mewtwo model a while back, but i moved the bones a bit when rigging (not too noticeable streching wise, except on the tail, i screwed it there). I was intending to remake it, its actually what got me on the StackSmash team :p
:3 Ah, well, like I said in the topic, if anyone has a good and properly rigged Mewtwo model they would like to share, then please do xD!
-DD

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
A mewtwo model was posted towards the end of the mewtwo PSA thread. It's not in game yet, its just a picture of the model. I thought it was worth noting.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
mewtwo should be super easy to import to brawl, least I see no issues overlaying the model over the larcario skeleton.

issues do arrive when you try to say.. um use pichu's model on ganon O_o um yeah.. hell no.

but mewtwo > lacario = no problem

the skeletal differences are within reason of modifying the model for proper movement.

also i don't think people should be mentioning "you know what" program will be ready once it is complete.

>PS
I am a supporter of mewtwo and roy! I won't rest till they're both in brawl ^_^

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
i'm going to use that for myself. :)
but alot of people have petitioned against the usage of ripped models. so being said we as a community should uphold that rule and not share illegal material.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
as long as people put their final work for me to download and play with I'll be happy

TheComrade

Smash Rookie
Yeah, but really why would they want to shut it down? Sure there is some intellectual property infringement, but not in such a way that it would detract from the sales of any current or announced projects. If anything, the work being done here in the smash workshop only serves to grow the loyalty and enthusiasm of the fanbase (which is of course incredibly important considering how infrequently new installments are released).

Personally, I don't imagine Nintendo would be inclined to take action of any kind against this unless they had some sort of financial or legal incentive to do so. Now, if say people were ripping models from games made by non-Nintendo publishers, and said publishers took issue with such action, then perhaps Nintendo's hands would be tied.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Do you NOT remember what happened to ]EE[?

They did the exact thing we're doing and they got their ***** hauled to court. The same thing could happen to us because we are doing what they have done. But I do agree with the model issue, even if we make our own models, we could still be liable because we made one without asking them, even though we aren't gonna sell em or anything.....

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
We went through this a few months ago. Here's how it goes:

* ]EE[ didn't really get sued; some guy just reported that incorrectly.
* Hacking is not always illegal.
* Some tools used in hacking Brawl might have been obtained a little more shadily, but many of the finished products are perfectly legal.
* As long as copyrighted work is not directly stolen, a company holding intellectual property over a particular franchise/characters/etc. *MAY* attempt a lawsuit if they're so inclined claiming that the hack is a "derivative work." However, that can usually be defended quite well under fair use. As long as it's not a rip, that's as far as they can go.
* As long as we do our best to obey the law and wishes of the companies we are trying to honor, they most likely won't do anything at all. Some, like Capcom or Konami, might even support us knowing their history and market strategy.

That's it. There's not much to argue about, I'm just giving a reminder on the debate from earlier. Each side was wrong about some things, so I believe what is above is the truth. No matter who wishes to debate or even support me about this post, I won't respond to it so as not to flare up another argument. I'm glad mariokart64n will not be openly sharing his rip. This is to protect our community.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, thanks for clearing that up KnightCrawler

Except for:

"* As long as we do our best to obey the law and wishes of the companies we are trying to honor, they most likely won't do anything at all. Some, like Capcom or Konami, might even support us knowing their history and market strategy."

What do you mean by market strategy?

Smash Ace
OK GUYS YOU ALL SUCK, YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPEND TO EE BLARGH!

Sorry, but thats not what happend to EE, there host shut them down, they where the ones in fear of being sued. Nothing actually happend.

Nintendo doesnt even care, this is good for them, we are attracting more SSB fans/making them more loyal to the series. For them this is good.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Some guys remade the first level of Contra in Little Big Planet and were thinking of doing the whole game. Konami heard about it and instead of asking the levels to be taken down, they encouraged them to finish the project. This despite the fact that they had a Wii version of Contra coming out in a few months and a year and a half before made Contra 4 (which is awesome). Capcom's even more interactive with their community. I've seen moderators/administrators on their forums *start* topics on MegaMan fan games and talk about how cool they are, even ones with some ripped sprites and tiles. They weren't gonna translate/port Tatsunoku vs. Capcom, but now it's coming over here with balance changes, extra characters, and online play (Japan is getting an updated version based on the international version)... because the fans were begging for it. These two companies are relying on their hardest of hardcore fans and making it very welcoming and inviting to become bigger fans, which is part of the reason why Capcom was successfully able to start a Street Fighter resurgence and even somewhat of a retro game resurgence in general. Capcom has been a big supporter of EVO, Shoryuken.com, and other fansites/communities/blogs/etc.. For instance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=019O_H0ozOo (BTW Everyone should watch this video because it's amazingly awesome)

Capcom's marketing strategy is essentially the inverse of Nintendo's. Konami's similar to Capcom's, but to a lesser extent.

Smash Ace
Yeh i saw the little big planet thing. I started a contra 3 thing (i didnt know about that regular contra thing at the time) as soon as the release of the paintinator. I havent 100% finished the first level yet (i stopped a LONG time ago).

HSX

Smash Rookie
WHy is an awesome topic about soon-to-happen awesomeness being flooded about complaints about the first texture hacking team? D:

I has a question: Will it be possible to add bone joints, once animation editing is available? I want to add in Iron Man and put him on Samus. :3 (And obviously take out the transformation to ZSS. :U)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
He jumps as high as Peach's second jump, but without a float. He has no middle or third jump. He can only punch for 1%, kick for 2%. They're slow attacks.

AWESOME CHARACTER.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
This thread is slowly dying. ima bump it.
So, how far are you guys? I'd really like to see an imported model.

Smash Ace
No it isnt, are you crazy, no one had anythign to say, it wasnt dieing. Model hacks are soon to come, so it obviously wouldnt die now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom