• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSX

Smash Rookie
Its all gone...

My mom deleted so much ****.

SO MUCH OF MY ****ING STUFF IS GONE, INCLUDING ABOUT 20 MODELS I HAVE MADE. Guys im sorry is there is a huge delay on everything (except megaman, my uncle has a backup of him), but this is really ****en gay, my whole portfolio is gone.
'the hell does she do that for?!!?

Anyway best of luck to you Pharrox. I expect an early christmas :3

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
@Vile: WTF. That's terrible. Why was she deleting stuff? D: I dunno if I'd ever be able to forgive my mom for something like that...

Hope you get it restored!

@Pharrox: \o/ Can't wait! *gives cookies and cake and other forms of "thanks"*

Jigiba

Smash Rookie
urm...im a very big noob, and i need tons of help...<.<

1. When i put my .pac files in ther, i get dae files, im not sure if thats wut u use in model programs but w/e how do i edit them

2. r u able to like edit the model and put it in-game?

3. if so how?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
urm...im a very big noob, and i need tons of help...<.<

1. When i put my .pac files in ther, i get dae files, im not sure if thats wut u use in model programs but w/e how do i edit them

2. r u able to like edit the model and put it in-game?

3. if so how?
Well, that's just the Extractor. As in, you can take Brawl models and edit them. However, Pharrox's Converter isn't out yet. That's necessary for actually putting them in Brawl (I think). Oh, and .dae's are what you edit in 3Ds Max, etc.

Jigiba

Smash Rookie
Well, that's just the Extractor. As in, you can take Brawl models and edit them. However, Pharrox's Converter isn't out yet. That's necessary for actually putting them in Brawl (I think). Oh, and .dae's are what you edit in 3Ds Max, etc.
ty :chuckle:

and pharrox is stuck on like one byte i heard... is this true? :confused:

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
Its all gone...

My mom deleted so much ****.

SO MUCH OF MY ****ING STUFF IS GONE, INCLUDING ABOUT 20 MODELS I HAVE MADE. Guys im sorry is there is a huge delay on everything (except megaman, my uncle has a backup of him), but this is really ****en gay, my whole portfolio is gone.

how old are you? your mom deletes your computer files O_o

dude unless she did a highlevel hardrive format, or through the hard drive in the ocean.. you can just restore the files with a data recovery program. I used one years ago, here I did a search on top10

http://data-recovery-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

DO NOT INSTALL ANYTHING ON YOUR COMPUTER!!! if you write new data, it will overwrite your lost files. install anything and everything on a USB drive. start windows in safe mode and run the trial of any data recovery program.

also while your at it, make it a good practice to backup your **** when ever possible.

3dsmax also keeps autobacks in the autodesk/3dsmax/autoback

..folder.

the news ofr your lost files is disappointing, but also a HUGE joke in its self O_o really invest in laptop or USB drive with a lock on it

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
So, looks like a ton of good models were just lost... but we still got Megaman!

3 bits doesn't sound like too much (though I wouldn't really know). Sounds like this'll be done in a couple of days.

Kryal

Smash Ace
At least on my end, I now understand how all the values that were causing me problems work. It's going to be kinda hard to generate, but now that I know what I have to do it should be done fairly quickly.
I assume you're referring to the Prev/Next fields on resource groups? This would be very helpful because almost every brres resource uses this list format. Even the brsar file uses it.

EDIT:
A discovery!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251706

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
I found some older files of the model back.

I'm not sure what happened but during a restore i asked her to do, a whole bunch of ****e went missing. I had some sort of gay *** virus that just went berserk during a restore. She didn't delete it (which i thought she did), but it wasn't her.

She doesn't normally touch my computer unless i ask her to.

KAZECoyote

Smash Cadet
I lost my Cloud and Link models also, but it was because my comp died... so I lost everything else too.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but really why would they want to shut it down? Sure there is some intellectual property infringement, but not in such a way that it would detract from the sales of any current or announced projects. If anything, the work being done here in the smash workshop only serves to grow the loyalty and enthusiasm of the fanbase (which is of course incredibly important considering how infrequently new installments are released).

Personally, I don't imagine Nintendo would be inclined to take action of any kind against this unless they had some sort of financial or legal incentive to do so. Now, if say people were ripping models from games made by non-Nintendo publishers, and said publishers took issue with such action, then perhaps Nintendo's hands would be tied.
I'm actuially going to use something along this line in an Expository Speech im doing (speech and debate team.). What is morrally right in a sinerio such as this, thank for the inspiration :)

Onyx Leo

Smash Cadet
Eh, Geno, Megaman and Ridley are my main wants... And they're also probably going to be among the first characters made. XD I know Vile is diligently working on a Megaman, shouldn't be long until the others pop up..

For my unpopular vote.. I'd totally love to play as Rundas from Prime 3, Bomberman, and Banjo & Kazooie... B&K was the first game I ever played so the Bear and Bird will always hold a special place in my heart. XD

Smash Ace
I extracted the tposed ridley, i think all i have to do is lower his poly count and rig him. Geno is probably also going to be made by me because shadic needs a geno. Rundas was actually a thought in my head, but im not sure. Bomberman will be easy and B&K isn't on my list (but it could be put on my list someday).

camelot

Smash Ace
Emerl from Sonic Battle would be interesting.

For anyone unfamiliar with him (which I'm sure a lot of people are), he's a robot who can learn other people's attacks/abilities by watching them fight. So the same model could be used on a bunch of different characters, I bet.

Smash Ace
HSX was making emerl lol, and i have never played mother, funny that you mention it though, i was actually just thinking about playing a few of the games.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Pharrox, what gives? Did you ever get that 'b0' geometry supported in your converter or not? You'd mentioned that back on May 29th. Been over four months, and not a word. I'm still waiting to get ahold of (and trying to find other ways of getting at, with no success) the Alloy models. They're the only three that AiS 1.1.3 will not convert, because of the 'b0' type in their stomach areas. No word on getting AiS to skip the section, either.

Please send me a PM when you can and let me know what's going on. I have projects that are on hold until the models come, so get back to me.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Wow guys. HYPE!
This'll do great things for the customization of Brawl. If I knew how to use PSA, I would make a Ridley moveset for Bowser (?), the have him model haxed. But sadly, PSA has no specific guides on the interwebz, so if you guys find one, tell me, and we could have probably a very playable RIDLEY!

(or Mallow)

EDIT: Check out this SSBB model!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB_PoA-NLlY

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Is anybody making Zant? It's really easy to find his model. The battle with him in TP already shows what could be his moves.

Side B: Hurricane Spin
Charged Neutral B: Darkness blasts (like Sheik's neutral B, but magic)
Dash Attack: Sword Flay (like Luigi's dash attack but with two swords)

The rest are up to imagination.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
as long as were shouting out requests, Mastercheif is amazingly needed. if you make it for snake, i can PSA a truely acurate moveset.
shadow could be easy to do.
De Blob ?
and im probably the only 1 that wants this, but a V from V for Vendetta would be so great for marth. all he needs is a hat and shirikins.
but im sure u guys get enough requests as it is. as long as u guys can rig the models to the bones and stuff, leave the rest to PSA to make the character acurate.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
I've always wanted to play as Banjo and Kazooie in a smash bros. game, and I'd think it be funny if somebody put Eggman in to.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
and im probably the only 1 that wants this, but a V from V for Vendetta would be so great for marth. all he needs is a hat and shirikins.
I didn't even think of that, but yesssss I'd love that. You're not the only one now. XD He'd also need a mask. Texturing his face to look like it wouldn't quite be enough since it'd still pose.

Speaking of movie characters, I for one would love a Sonny from I, Robot. His moveset would be difficult though, considering he has no weapon. :p

Also, a couple things I have in the making currently, just to show that I can make things instead of just requesting (and also because HYPE |D):

1. An OC named Peppermint. I might've mentioned him here before, come to think of it. Here he his, the pretty little fighter android boy in all his colors, and here is a pre-rig, subsurf-happy, texture-less preview. :laugh:

2. Medabots! If you know/like this show, you're awesome, because it's awesome. Also adorable, easy to translate into a fighting game, and fairly simple to model. I'm currently working on Roks, one of the main characters from the little-known third season. His model's done and awaiting textures, rigging, and animation (and a medafighter XD). The others I currently have planned are Ikki and Metabee (of course!), and Rokusho.

3. Lastly, since I've been somewhat obsessed with Portal lately, Chell (the character as whom you play, that is). If I can figure out how, I'd love to just use the models from the game, but 'til then, since the moveset will be so much work (and worth it, I imagine; fighting with portals would be a very interesting playstyle), I'm keeping it simple and just texturing ZSS and some items (weighted storage cube crate FTW).

So yeah, I'm busy. :laugh: I have tons and tons of other ideas, but I'm not starting on them yet. But I also have stage ideas, so I'll end this hyping post with a question (that may have been asked in some form or another before): will we be able to model hack stages with this, or maybe in future releases/versions?

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
we need to make a few SSE enemies playable! primids (5 in 1), shayda, and bombed(lulz). of course, we ould need to give them new attacks

in fact, we need a giant SSE stage that produces SSE enemies that come and attack the players. every once in a while, there will be an overload of SSE enemies that is hard to get rid of. just an idea

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to change the gameplay of brawl, I would just like some sensible alt costumes.

one the converter gets released, one thing I want to do is port some of my favorite melee models. maybe some classic models from the original(N64). After that maybe some Parody models..

example for sonic, his alts would be.. knuckles, tails, shadow, metal sonic.. etc..

for marth, roy, lyn, sethorith.. etc..

I think changing move sets and hitboxes is sorta cheating the game and nintendo. but whatever, the tool will create many new projects and mods for brawl.

also it would be cool to generate a list of alt characters for brawl. just keep in mind the move sets and size of the character should fit best as possible. that way we can have many characters in the same moveset slot

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Didn't we, as a community, make a pact saying that we wouldn't rip models from other games already.....?

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
I'm all for the idea of reusing models. there's no sense wasting time reconstructing a model that you know you can't replicate 100%. in the end you could have spent that time making your own original character, rather then copycating what's already been done.

even making a new model is against the no no rule being the idea is copyrighted. the chrono trigger resurrection incident for example; guy makes trig models, sony says NO.

either way you slice it, it doesn't matter if we replicate or re-rig rips.

though obviously some people are going to be head strong towards modeling from scratch, that's respectable.

so how about we toss some idea's around, find out what does need to be modeled. if there's something I can supply, I'll indecate that a rip is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom