• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
maybe A Week. It Would Be Understandable, Corr--

I Love This Thread. <3
Anyway, Would We Be Able To Use The Forbidden 7 Models, If They Are There And Accessible.

There Are No **** Forbidden 7 Models. For The Love Of God, Someone Put In The Faq For This Section That They Are Empty Files, ****.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Are you serious, the model in brawl for samus is good.
I'm sure most people would rather see the Fusion Suit on Samus.

I also think you're the first person I've ever seen to not like Samus' model.
So you guys really think that the Brawl design for Samus looks better than the Metroid Prime Echoes/Corruption design? Seriously?

Fusion Suit would be pretty sweet too.
Starscream, Samus is already wearing her Varia Suit. Maybe you mean the Power Suit or Fusion Suit. Both of which I like better than the Varia Suit, myself.
No, I mean the Varia Suit. I know what I said. The trophy for the Varia Suit is, I'm assuming, the model from Metroid Prime 2 or just based off of that design.

I mean, come on, the Brawl model just looks so lame in comparison! :p

Yeah, I realize this probably isn't a good use of model hacking/rigging but just makin conversation. :)

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
You know what, i don't care, personally, the one on the right is better, but its not like the one on the left is ****, its not even that much worse.

Im going to make stuff that ISNT in brawl atm.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

fffffffffffffff

Crap, I hate you. q_q
:devil:

I'm thoroughly disappointed by the lack of a proper Evil Laugh in these smilies.

Anyway, I can't see much difference between those two Samus models. Much less tell which is Brawl and which is Prime. O.o So I dunno what the purpose of switching them would be.

But one thing--well, several things I WOULD want from the Primes are the different beams/combo shots. IE, ice, wave, plasma, dark, light, etc. Oh, and phazon. Switchable by taunt or something. Heh, I might have to PSA that myself. xD

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Fusion Suit Samus would be really sweet ;)

I hope Pharrox releases the extractor this week.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
No, I mean the Varia Suit. I know what I said. The trophy for the Varia Suit is, I'm assuming, the model from Metroid Prime 2 or just based off of that design.
The Varia Suit is when she gets those enormous shoulder pads and has an easier time in hot environments. Before she gets her Varia Suit, she's wearing her Power Suit. Look up that model if you don't remember. Both that trophy and the SSBB character model are using Varia Suits, even if they look different.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
lol wth?
look, nothing should be made until mastercheif is made. come on man! you call yourself a nerd? please!
Soth! come on, every1 expected him in it after radiant dawn. AND hes a trophey! yay! he stands a chance!

Deblob. (no reason he wasnt in brawl. like at all)
rayman (wanted him in since the first smash bros)
and if we CAN rig the bones of tropheys, then YAY! STARFOX TEAM!
let me conculude by saying that i would jsut worry about the model swap itself. leave the moveset to the PSA people. this needs to be done with multiple ppl otherwise we get siduations like this where every1s waiting for som1 to finish. texturers, PSA hackers, and model hackers need to work together to add characters.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
If someone puts the ancient minister on r.o.b. i will thank them with women and smilies and a moveset.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
The thing with making models though, is that unless you plan to give it the exact same skeleton as the character it's replacing, it won't really be usable until you have made animations for every single move. In which case, you'd have to already have finalized all of the new moves this character uses, which means PSA is probably going to be involved.

In short, if your new model is anything more than just a new skin with the same skeleton, then it's pretty much going to require a full-scale character project.

Also, while we're all throwing out character ideas, I think Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist as a Toon Link replacement would be EPIC.

Onyx Leo

Smash Cadet
So you guys really think that the Brawl design for Samus looks better than the Metroid Prime Echoes/Corruption design? Seriously?

Fusion Suit would be pretty sweet too.

I mean, come on, the Brawl model just looks so lame in comparison! :p

Yeah, I realize this probably isn't a good use of model hacking/rigging but just makin conversation. :)

Honestly I see what you mean; The prime version is less bulky, No more huge hips, having a thong-like design on the crotch instead of... *ahem* Not blindingly shiny, has more black, better reds.. Sleeker design on the chest...

You're right, it is a better design. XD You just have to look at it hard enough. (Enough to warrant a whole model hack? Eh, wait and do it yourself. I don't think any experienced hackers will waste time doing a tiny project when they could be out making Ridley or Vaati (COUGH COUGH COUGH) )

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
The thing with making models though, is that unless you plan to give it the exact same skeleton as the character it's replacing, it won't really be usable until you have made animations for every single move. In which case, you'd have to already have finalized all of the new moves this character uses, which means PSA is probably going to be involved.

In short, if your new model is anything more than just a new skin with the same skeleton, then it's pretty much going to require a full-scale character project.

Also, while we're all throwing out character ideas, I think Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist as a Toon Link replacement would be EPIC.
He works better on Marth in my opinion, I seen a texture that worked really well. Toon Link's too short.

Starscream

Smash Ace
The Varia Suit is when she gets those enormous shoulder pads and has an easier time in hot environments. Before she gets her Varia Suit, she's wearing her Power Suit. Look up that model if you don't remember. Both that trophy and the SSBB character model are using Varia Suits, even if they look different.
Yes I know all of this and that's exactly my point... the Varia Suit design from Prime looks much better than the one in Brawl. I guess it's just a little odd that I want to model hack the exact same suit of the same character just because it looks better than the standard Brawl model.
Honestly I see what you mean; The prime version is less bulky, No more huge hips, having a thong-like design on the crotch instead of... *ahem* Not blindingly shiny, has more black, better reds.. Sleeker design on the chest...

You're right, it is a better design. XD You just have to look at it hard enough. (Enough to warrant a whole model hack? Eh, wait and do it yourself. I don't think any experienced hackers will waste time doing a tiny project when they could be out making Ridley or Vaati (COUGH COUGH COUGH) )
I've played so much of the Prime trilogy that the difference between the two is like night and day. I see all the differences instantly. If such a model hacking/rigging program becomes easy enough for someone with zero knowledge of the subject matter to use I guess I'll give it a shot. If not then I'm just blowing smoke. XD
You know what, i don't care, personally, the one on the right is better, but its not like the one on the left is ****, its not even that much worse.

Im going to make stuff that ISNT in brawl atm.
LOL, K I admit that I was exaggerating about how the Brawl model looks. It's not bad, but the Prime one is better.

And new characters should take priority over trivial stuff like my taste in Samus.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
lol wth?
look, nothing should be made until mastercheif is made. come on man! you call yourself a nerd? please!
Soth! come on, every1 expected him in it after radiant dawn. AND hes a trophey! yay! he stands a chance!

let me conculude by saying that i would jsut worry about the model swap itself. leave the moveset to the PSA people. this needs to be done with multiple ppl otherwise we get siduations like this where every1s waiting for som1 to finish. texturers, PSA hackers, and model hackers need to work together to add characters.
... didn't De Blob come out AFTER Brawl? I don't see any reason why he should be in Brawl.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
My wanted models , all have similar skeletons:

Bowser - Bowser Jr.
Dixie - Diddy
Isaac Clarke (dead space) - Snake
Sonic - Shadow
Marth - Lyn
Olimar or Pikachu - Tom Nook
Jigglypuff - Gengar

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
My Wants with Similar Skeletons:

1. Zant - Ganondorf or Link
2. Beast Ganon (OoT) - Giga Bowser
3. Skull Kid - Toon Link
4. Mewtwo - Lucario
5. SMG Bowser - Bowser
6. Squirtle - Mudkip

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
I know that when this comes out everyone will stop doing textures for a while and the people who know how to do models will work on this thing until it gets old :laugh:
they are that great

I have 2 qustions:

1. Would we be able to use Model Hacks on stages?
2. When for example, Mewtwo is released as a Model Hack, can we make textures for him?

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
I dunno about anyone else but I think we're getting a little off-topic. This isn't a request topic after all. And does anyone plan on actually making any of the models they're requesting (last page or so specifically)? Yes I know I am somewhat guilty of this, but I'm actually thinking about making an Edward Elric model after I finish the ones I'm already on and if I get the chance.

Edit:
@Kefrius, 1) Not with the first or so release it seems. 2) In short: yes.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
lol wth?

DeBlob was after Brawl, that's why he wasn't in :U

And I think your the only person I've ever seen that wanted Master Chief besides the idiots who don't know he's a MICROSOFT character (well, he COULD be Ninty since Bungie broke away :p)
No one expected Soth. People expected Tom Nook more than him :U
Now I'LL conclude that Mewtwo=More badass than MC. And yes, I HAVE played the Halo series (I own and love Halo 3).

My wants?

Mewtwo in place of Lucario
Dr. Mario in place of Mario
TOM NOOK in place of... Olimar?
Mii in place of... Olimar?
Ancient Minister in place of R.O.B.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
DeBlob was after Brawl, that's why he wasn't in :U

And I think your the only person I've ever seen that wanted Master Chief besides the idiots who don't know he's a MICROSOFT character (well, he COULD be Ninty since Bungie broke away :p)
No one expected Soth. People expected Tom Nook more than him :U
Now I'LL conclude that Mewtwo=More badass than MC. And yes, I HAVE played the Halo series (I own and love Halo 3).

My wants?

Mewtwo in place of Lucario
Dr. Mario in place of Mario
TOM NOOK in place of... Olimar?
Mii in place of... Olimar?
Ancient Minister in place of R.O.B.
Master Chief is more B.A. than mewtwo because master chief was never dubbed by 4kids.

Anyways, my wants, anyone with a * next to them I'm willing to do a moveset for

NSMB-Koopa Mario
SSBB-Ancient Minister*
MGS4 Raiden On Marth (Moveset already done by me, not released yet)
Paper Mario on Game and Watch*

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Master Chief is more B.A. than mewtwo because master chief was never dubbed by 4kids.
I lol'd.

Also, maybe I'm missing something but I don't see why anyone would want Dr. Mario over Mario.

Hmm, I think there should be a "Generic Model Discussion" topic to keep this one from flooding with tons of "tl;dr" pages with very little important info that gets buried by "well ____ would be cool" posts.

What do you guys think?

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
I lol'd.

Also, maybe I'm missing something but I don't see why anyone would want Dr. Mario over Mario.

Hmm, I think there should be a "Generic Model Discussion" topic to keep this one from flooding with tons of "tl;dr" pages with very little important info that gets buried by "well ____ would be cool" posts.

What do you guys think?
Dr. Mario deserved the cut, but they should have put him in as Mario's white/brown costume. Perhaps they even should have made him throw a pill instead of a fireball.
BTW, speaking of pills instead of fireballs, after looking into the articles a bit, it is completely possible to replace Mario's fireball with a pill, doc fan tards.
Just replace the fireball model and texture in Mario's motionect pac, and using psa remove all the fire (hard to do, but possible with hexxing).

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
I know that when this comes out everyone will stop doing textures for a while and the people who know how to do models will work on this thing until it gets old :laugh:
they are that great

I have 2 qustions:

1. Would we be able to use Model Hacks on stages?
2. When for example, Mewtwo is released as a Model Hack, can we make textures for him?
You have to make textures for him or he will just be gray scale. You will have to texture all the models, whether or not you texture him like the character he is meant to be is up to you.

Smash Ace
Models requests probably wont be done, models aren't something you can get done in under a day (unless you are on a roll and its not a hard to make model).

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
I donno if this is of any use, but opening up fitmariomotionetc in hex editor neo reveals that the brawl devlopers used Maya 7.0.1.

Smash Ace
Big deal, its not hard to spot, i found that ages ago. Almost everyone uses maya, but since we are using collada and its got universal plugins it will work like normal.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I donno if this is of any use, but opening up fitmariomotionetc in hex editor neo reveals that the brawl devlopers used Maya 7.0.1.
That's still pretty interesting. Thanks for the tidbit!

Edit: Ohmahgawd. 1234th post at 12:34. I AM THE OMEGA.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
maya or 3ds max. generally maya is used by most all animated movies, while most games use 3ds max.

I guess that there was something about maya that made the animators of brawl want to use that instead, like some sort of easier feature, or the fact that they were using macs or something, but there isn't a huge difference since they are made both by autodesk and are platform specific.

TheComrade

Smash Rookie
You know, I sometimes wonder what the world would be like if there were somehow, some way to know what sort of conversation was appropriate for a particular thread. Really, it wouldn't need to be much, just a few simple words thrown together into a meaningful sequence around which all discussion could be based. After all, surely if we had such a thing, we would never have to dig through pages of arguments regarding which suit Samus wears, or requests for people to make models of mudkips (seriously, mudkips?), before we could find the last status update regarding a particular project.

Oh how I wish that we lived in such a world! Alas, however, we do not. Thus we must resign ourselves to this most grim task of trudging through yet another page of belated moans about how Dr Mario didn't make the cut before we can find the tiny nuggets of information relevant to our interests. After all, without some kind of a header or something, there is simply no way for any users to know what TOPIC of conversation is appropriate.

I suppose I can always dream though...

PS: Yeah, I know I just committed essentially the same faux pas that I am complaining about. I honestly don't have a good defense for it either.

Edit: Holy crap! In the scant 5 hours or so between the time that I typed my message and moment when I actually submitted it, the discussion appears to have somewhat righted itself to a point of being sort of relevant! With this realization comes new hopes! Thank you internets!

KAZECoyote

Smash Cadet
Models requests probably wont be done, models aren't something you can get done in under a day (unless you are on a roll and its not a hard to make model).
I was only suggesting it because people are beginning to post "lists" and argue over characters. even if the models dont get done, itll still clean this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom