• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
The thing with making models though, is that unless you plan to give it the exact same skeleton as the character it's replacing, it won't really be usable until you have made animations for every single move. In which case, you'd have to already have finalized all of the new moves this character uses, which means PSA is probably going to be involved.

In short, if your new model is anything more than just a new skin with the same skeleton, then it's pretty much going to require a full-scale character project.
Whiiich is exactly what I'm doing. :laugh: I'm going seriously all out and loving it. :)

I'm in favor of a general Model Discussion/Requests/Pimpage/Hype thread, if only to be rid of all the nagging "that's not what this thread is for!!1! D:<" posts. :laugh:

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Okay.
This topic is cluttered with just requests of models. Let Pharrox finish the importer, because I bet if Pharrox is truly SUPAH SPESHUL AWESHUM, then you'll see an importer sometime this week(end). Give him time, I know, I'm really excited too.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Plus, dont forget guys, the trophy models. if we just put them into a t stance, we can export them from the brawl iso and re-import them! Plus, those models of knuckles/silver/tails in green hill zone! yahoo!!

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
@GadgetTR
I really haven't seen activity on Pharrox's side... Do you think... He'll make up an excuse to get outta finishing the extractor? Nah.
He should post to claim his progress on the importer. This program is relevant to my interests.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
I would personally like to see a screenshot of something (even Mario swapped with a cube would be fine) just so that we could undeniably say that Pharrox has made a working importer.

Please? =D

Plus, dont forget guys, the trophy models. if we just put them into a t stance, we can export them from the brawl iso and re-import them! Plus, those models of knuckles/silver/tails in green hill zone! yahoo!!
I believe that post belongs in the model discussion thread.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
I would personally like to see a screenshot of something (even Mario swapped with a cube would be fine) just so that we could undeniably say that Pharrox has made a working importer.

Please? =D

I believe that post belongs in the model discussion thread.
Why wouldn't you trust him? How disrepectful.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
We'd all like that, wouldn't we, but we just have to have patience. I just hope this comes out this weekend.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, between midterms and work I haven't had much time to work. After a nine hour day helping idiots at Walmart, I don't always want to come home and spend the rest of the day hacking a game (I'd rather be playing :p).

Right now I'm just adding compatibility (vector, color, weight, and texture variations).

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
THE MASTER POSTS.
Any estimated release date? You already have a fanbase. A ******* FANBASE!
I'm sure that once this comes out, along with animation/sound FX hacking, Brawl will be fully customizable with no flaws.

Rodo_Ganon

Smash Rookie
I'm sure that once this comes out, along with animation/sound FX hacking, Brawl will be fully customizable with no flaws.
If this happens
the only thing that we would need.. is a way to create IDs to add hacked characters (models and attacks) without replacing in-game characters

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, so Almas's clone engine? (somewhat :p)
Oh, oh, Pharrox logged off. The god of brawl hacking comes on once every week.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Like I said, between midterms and work I haven't had much time to work. After a nine hour day helping idiots at Walmart, I don't always want to come home and spend the rest of the day hacking a game (I'd rather be playing :p).

Right now I'm just adding compatibility (vector, color, weight, and texture variations).
Oh, WAL-MART! That makes sense. Take your time, now.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Aha, after this is finished, what else is there in brawl left to be cracked open? custom animations I guess? :p

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Actually there is a tool in the SDK that builds a file very similar to SSBB's brsar format, it just doesn't have the named indications.

Due to me being lazy and failing to found the pattern for the sounds in the file i created, i could never even try and replace them.

Lucania

Smash Rookie
Does anybody know in which files are the rigged riddley, metariddley and the Ultimate Chimera models?

btw, seems that patriotmods.com has been flagged as a dangerous site.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
i thought that the smashbox people were working on sfx hacking... maybe... here's hoping it will get done by someone eventually

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Mhmh.. I'd be interested on the Stage models, be it Multiplayer and SSE.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Mhmh.. I'd be interested on the Stage models, be it Multiplayer and SSE.
Yeah, but I believe stage hacking will be just as possible as character, as the only real difference is stages are compressed.

Will this importer support sphere maps and morphers?

Just in case someone doesn't know: Sonic has both Sphere maps, and Morphers. Snake, Marth and Lucario also use morphers. All of the emerald textures use sphere maps.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Actually there is a tool in the SDK that builds a file very similar to SSBB's brsar format, it just doesn't have the named indications.

Due to me being lazy and failing to found the pattern for the sounds in the file i created, i could never even try and replace them.
That does sound interesting, but what is the SDK? I seriously dont know... uh oh flammers :eek: *prepares flame shield*

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Kefrius, I made the Model Discussion thread for a reason.

Oni K4ge, I believe that SDK stands for "Standard Development Kit" or some such. He's referring to the Wii SDK. (G is your friend for more info)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Kefrius, I made the Model Discussion thread for a reason.

Oni K4ge, I believe that SDK stands for "Standard Development Kit" or some such. He's referring to the Wii SDK. (G is your friend for more info)
SDK is Studio Development Kit. The Wii SDK is very illegal, but a lot of people don't care (I for one don't have it).

pokelover980

Smash Ace
are sonic's and super sonic's skeleton structure the same? I'm thinking of doing a swap with this
Yeah, they are exactly the same from what I've seen, but I can't remember if the spikes are part of his skeleton. If they are, then they are not the same.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Animations maybe? Lol.

And btw guys its not a texture, its a material that makes him glow like that. Super sonic is sonic but with a material on him.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
people have special animations when making any final smash. super sonic just has emeralds appear, sonic floats up, dissapears in a flash of light and effects, then has a new golden texture on him and special effects abound. he then has different animations particularly to lift his spikes, which have their own bones, and to make him fly around everywhere.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
With either codes or hexing (maybe PSA?), it might be possible to have it so that Sonic has his Super-material applied all the time, and possibly have the default positions for his quills adjusted to look more like Super Sonic. I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject tbqh. But other than that, no.

And like I said, this conversation should move to the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom