• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
"No girls"? What am I, chopped liver? D:

*harumphs*

Also: patience is a virtue, people. Show Pharrox a little respect and trust. -_-;

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
So, you're saying there's absolutely nothing wrong with just promising a kid a new toy, and then going off to the store, and then never calling or coming back to fullfill the promise? Forget a release, Pharrox hasn't even posted any type of proof - It's also interesting to think about what it means when I said "I'll post proof".. It means he got something working. However that entire week has past and he gave us nothing but a kick in the face.

I'm willing to drop it even he shows at least some proof; right now, even just tossing in a box and showing it would be sufficient, since at least that means SOMETHING works.
You've just compared your mentality to one of a child's. Which, in this case, wouldn't be too far off. He hasn't posted any proof, as you said, so how do you know he's even doing it? Why trust him? You don't know him. He is some guy on the internet. There is no reason to trust him, so there is no reason to get mad. Do not be so gullible to fall for someone saying "I can do something so spectacular! Just wait till next week!" He could've been posting pictures of the process all along. I don't see why he didn't; it's easy.

You chose to believe in a man who had no proof. The second you did that, you dropped the right to complain when he didn't deliver.

Sorry if this sounds condescending, but I'm sick of everyone being mad at Pharrox when you put your faith in someone who had no hard evidence.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
You've just compared your mentality to one of a child's. Which, in this case, wouldn't be too far off. He hasn't posted any proof, as you said, so how do you know he's even doing it? Why trust him? You don't know him. He is some guy on the internet. There is no reason to trust him, so there is no reason to get mad. Do not be so gullible to fall for someone saying "I can do something so spectacular! Just wait till next week!" He could've been posting pictures of the process all along. I don't see why he didn't; it's easy.

You chose to believe in a man who had no proof. The second you did that, you dropped the right to complain when he didn't deliver.

Sorry if this sounds condescending, but I'm sick of everyone being mad at Pharrox when you put your faith in someone who had no hard evidence.
I agree with you mostly, but I trust Pharrox will see this through. He hasn't given us a reason not to trust him, and I don't think anyone has deceived us before when it comes to Brawl Hacking. Everyone who said they would do something has done it: Phantom Wings, Kryal, Vile, etc.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you mostly, but I trust Pharrox will see this through. He hasn't given us a reason not to trust him, and I don't think anyone has deceived us before when it comes to Brawl Hacking. Everyone who said they would do something has done it: Phantom Wings, Kryal, Vile, etc.
QFT
10char

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
I've been following this since page 36 and what I always enjoy reading when i come on here, is somebody making a big complaint over nothing.

It's things like that that keep me up at night 0_0

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
It means "quote for truth". Or if you mean the "10char" thing, that's just 'cause this board has a 10 character minimum requirement for posts.

you see? I'm a gentleman :lick:
Hey, I stood up for you too. (By the way, Bleyva, this proves my point, you might want to think before you make ignorant comments like that.)
Aye; good on ya two. :laugh:

Leon2457

Smash Rookie
Pharrox can take as much time as he wants, after all he IS doing this in his spare time :/

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i guess people complain and fret and accuse mostly because the nature of this hacking makes any connection to a project as strong as the hacker chooses it to be. Pharrox has no stake in this besides the satisfaction of completing a project. he's not paid for it. he'll maybe benefit from modeler's work and the creation of new characters, but we all know this is a game primarily. it's a hobby.

the nature of this hacking leaves no solid ties to a community outside of good measure and a spirit of competition or collaboration. Almas hasn't left, but he's merely cleaning up a final bit of code. PK appears sometimes, but his extended break has continued for quite awhile, and the PSA guide hasn't been updated in awhile. the original hackers have moved on, besides PW (god bless). Dantarion and Vile are the big names to us right now, and Pharrox for this diamond work of his. not including PSA authors (Eldiran is king).

that isn't to say they're gone forever. maybe they're having a tough semester/workload right now, but, really, nothing besides the community and a sense of completion or innovation attracts and holds a hacker's attention. and a large chunk of our community blows.

people are worried because they don't have anything to contribute but hype and beta-testing, sometimes not even that, and even generating these things don't guarantee an end result.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
i guess people complain and fret and accuse mostly because the nature of this hacking makes any connection to a project as strong as the hacker chooses it to be. Pharrox has no stake in this besides the satisfaction of completing a project. he's not paid for it. he'll maybe benefit from modeler's work and the creation of new characters, but we all know this is a game primarily. it's a hobby.

the nature of this hacking leaves no solid ties to a community outside of good measure and a spirit of competition or collaboration. Almas hasn't left, but he's merely cleaning up a final bit of code. PK appears sometimes, but his extended break has continued for quite awhile, and the PSA guide hasn't been updated in awhile. the original hackers have moved on, besides PW (god bless). Dantarion and Vile are the big names to us right now, and Pharrox for this diamond work of his. not including PSA authors (Eldiran is king).

that isn't to say they're gone forever. maybe they're having a tough semester/workload right now, but, really, nothing besides the community and a sense of completion or innovation attracts and holds a hacker's attention. and a large chunk of our community blows.

people are worried because they don't have anything to contribute but hype and beta-testing, sometimes not even that, and even generating these things don't guarantee an end result.
TLDR version: He doesn't have to.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord

I thought we were off this subject. Everyone stop having doubts. He will get it done. Until then, enough of the d@mn complaints.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
hey, i tryed deleting parts on marth, but his cape still comes out glitchy. anyone know how to fix this?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Oh well, I lost faith in this project. I didn't lose faith in Pharrox though. He's not even active, it's almost like he is running away from us. -_-;

Pharrox isn't getting paid for this. This is his free time though. Maybe he just doesn't have any.
The man sent out betas in private, posted screenshots of the converters interface, etc.

Yes, lose all hope. It never existed, etc.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Can't since I'm on the wii, but look up all his posts in this thread. It's truly inaccurate to say that Pharrox has worked this long on nothing, since he's shown that he has.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
The man sent out betas in private, posted screenshots of the converters interface, etc.

Yes, lose all hope. It never existed, etc.
EH WOOOOOOOT?!?

Pics, proof of any kind, or it never happened.
Can't since I'm on the wii, but look up all his posts in this thread. It's truly inaccurate to say that Pharrox has worked this long on nothing, since he's shown that he has.
Enough:

I thought we were off this subject. Everyone stop having doubts. He will get it done. Until then, enough of the d@mn complaints.
10char

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Does anyone know what the polygon limit would be? I dont want a LEGO dark samus... though that would be funny. *hehehehehehehe*

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Does anyone know what the polygon limit would be? I dont want a LEGO dark samus... though that would be funny. *hehehehehehehe*
I think Link's model was somewhere around 3.5k polygons...so stick around there.
-DD

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
the game uses optimized models to allow room for large levels, assist trophies, and ALOT of 2d sprites/ particles. worst case scenario, your game would drop a few frames. when alot of models appear on the screen at the same time.

i personally feel we'd be able to get away with way higher models.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
"WAY" higher? Id say you would be pushing the limit with 9k tris and fairly decent texture res, maybe you could pull off 10k tris with worse texture res. IMO 9k is fine since you aren't looking up close all the time, its more about the texture res.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
with cheats like inf item spawning.. it takes quite a bit to start to notice some frame lag. I'm pretty sure 15k wouldn't cause any issues.. now if you had all 4 players at 15k each ..maybe you might get leg.

really, we can't tell until we're able to try it. but eitherway, polycrunch can reduce the polycount on any model without damaging the UV channel

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Poly count.. I estimate about 25,000 polys per character(4 characters) before lag is an issue. I'd worry more about filesize.

(Even so, I still think a perfect model could be made in at max 10,000)

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Poly count.. I estimate about 25,000 polys per character(4 characters) before lag is an issue. I'd worry more about filesize.

(Even so, I still think a perfect model could be made in at max 10,000)
It also depends on how many other things are loaded with them. Like you can have low poly models and have high res textures, or vice versa. Also specular would take quite a bit of usage.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
lol, 360 models aren't even as high as 25k
25K x 4 is 100k. Even by last gen standards, that's not much. for a character it is, but even the PS2 could have supported 100k.

Wikipedia on PS2 article said:
* Actual real-world polygons (per frame):500-650k at 30fFS, 250-325k at 60fFS
That's at the absolute max, note. But the PS2 was the weakest of last gen, and the Wii is stronger than that. I estimate the Wii is about twice as powerful as the GC, and the GC had the best graphical potential of the last gen consoles(Note I said potential).

...:::VILE:::... said:
It also depends on how many other things are loaded with them. Like you can have low poly models and have high res textures, or vice versa. Also specular would take quite a bit of usage.
Exactly. I'm saying the Wii would be able to handle it, but everything else would have to be realatively low detail. That's not because of graphic limitations as much as just memory, though.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Unless a character just has a whole bunch of details that can't just be done in-texture, I see no reason to go much over 6000 tris. Anything above that is pretty much wasted since you won't see that close most of the time anyway.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Unless a character just has a whole bunch of details that can't just be done in-texture, I see no reason to go much over 6000 tris. Anything above that is pretty much wasted since you won't see that close most of the time anyway.
Quoted for truth. 25k triangles was just saying what it COULD do.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
so, with custom animations, we could theoretically make a character with more bones than the base character? and also, how do we port animatyions from one character to another? like matching bone sizes? i tried changing some stuff, and it caused the game to freeze

RazeveX

Smash Ace
*posting to subscribe*

Can't wait until we can get some custom models in Brawl :D

I hope to start creating a model; I have zero experience with 3ds max, or any modelling for that matter, but I have ambition, and (hopefully soon) a whole lot of free time. :p

Also, I was going to ask the exact same question as above. So I'll just sit here and wait.

- RazeveX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom