• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Model Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Alright! With the upcoming release of Pharrox's model importer (thread here), I thought we might need a thread about the creation and conception of models themselves.

As of 10-25-09, the focus of this thread has changed from "anything related to Brawl and models" to being a place where we post progress on models that we're working on for Brawl use and give constructive criticism on others' models. Please, no more lists of characters you want, unless it's a list of models you plan to make (but please, be reasonable) or a modeler has asked for opinions on who they should model next.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Ah, organization. Well you all know I want Zant, so I'll just leave it at that.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
HYESZ!
SHOW YA MOO-VES
I swear ta god, if I don't see a model extractor release by this weekend, I'm gonna... I'm gonna... I'm gonna...
FIRE MAH LAZORZ!!1!!one!one!1

Seriously. So, We all want Zant, Geno, Mewtwo, Roy, Ridley, Dr. Mario, and some Black Shadow and Dixie Kong models. Bottom line: the model's are in there.
So, Which models do you think would come with a PSA?
People will make a bajillion-zillion Pokemon model hacks, but the most PSA-able ones?
Kat-Ana=Ice Climbers
Charizard=Ridley
Mallow=Kirby? Maybe?
Croco=Yoshi/Mario--Mostly any mid-sized character would work.
Blastoise=Charizard water-type moveset

And the idea of model ripping from other games... I love it. It charges mah lazorz.
We could get the Poke-models from battle revolution, and some Trophy models from all Smash bros games.

Long post is absolutely long. I need to catch my virtual breath.

maybeway36

Smash Rookie
I'd love to see a FitKirbyWario.pac that gives him the traditional Wario hat, using a modified Mario hat model. Is this already possible?
And something I want to see for a model hack: the entire Fighting Polygon Team. Especially Kirby. I love that little snowman-shaped polyhedron.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's possible even by texture hack.
Polygon team would be awesome. They already have a Polygon texture for Samus, and a Femme Wire-frame for ZSS.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
HYESZ!
SHOW YA MOO-VES
I swear ta god, if I don't see a model extractor release by this weekend, I'm gonna... I'm gonna... I'm gonna...
FIRE MAH LAZORZ!!1!!one!one!1

Seriously. So, We all want Zant, Geno, Mewtwo, Roy, Ridley, Dr. Mario, and some Black Shadow and Dixie Kong models. Bottom line: the model's are in there.
So, Which models do you think would come with a PSA?
People will make a bajillion-zillion Pokemon model hacks, but the most PSA-able ones?
Kat-Ana=Ice Climbers
Charizard=Ridley
Mallow=Kirby? Maybe?
Croco=Yoshi/Mario--Mostly any mid-sized character would work.
Blastoise=Charizard water-type moveset

And the idea of model ripping from other games... I love it. It charges mah lazorz.
We could get the Poke-models from battle revolution, and some Trophy models from all Smash bros games.

Long post is absolutely long. I need to catch my virtual breath.
I agree about all those characters, except Geno, because I haven't met him in SM RPG yet, so I can't say anything about him.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
They already have a Polygon texture for Samus, and a Femme Wire-frame for ZSS.
They do? Pics/links or it didn't happen.

And even if they haven't, it would be ungodly-easy to do.

And while I'm here I might as well state that I may or may not be working on an Edward Elric model sometime in the near future.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
master chief:
Snake's moveset applied to MC model, faster, unguided missles, Bubble shield down B, Beat down forward smash, Spartan Laser Final Smash, ect ect list goes one

HHYYPPEEEsssss

Llyod Irving, using pit's double swords, but with moar shinies.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
They do? Pics/links or it didn't happen.

And even if they haven't, it would be ungodly-easy to do.

And while I'm here I might as well state that I may or may not be working on an Edward Elric model sometime in the near future.
Hold on, looking for it...

EDIT: It was on StackSmash, but the site is down...

Rodo_Ganon

Smash Rookie
I may post what im making here, out of curiosity, does anyone actually WANT to see it?

Well... Actually i want to see ur work :)

And some ideas that i have:

Jhoto Pkmn Trainer (Chikorita,Quilava,Feraligatr) - Pkmn Trainer
Skull Kid - Toon Link
Little Mac - Cpt. Falcon
Sylux,Space Pirate or another hunter - Samus
Megaman - Samus?
Geno - Toon Link
Meowth (Like Super Nuke Bros Melee) - Pikachu?

and some others...

PD: Anyone have a 3dmax tutorial of how to make models?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Meowth is more... Toon Link-ish... but with a smaller model size. And smaller bone set.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for Shadow, Roy, Doc, Mewtwo, Pichu, Young Link, Toon Zelda + Sheik, Master Chief, Geno, Robert Plant, Oni Link, Paper Mario/Luigi/Peach, etc., and maybe a Midna? as PSA comes in, heres what I think would fit whom:

Shadow=Sonic (Duh)
Roy=Marth (DUH)
Pichu=Pikachu (HELLO?!)
YL=TL (ARE YOU ********?)
Toon Zelda/Sheik=TL (Zelda/Sheik? probably, if we can implement bone set, etc.)
Master Cheif=Snake
Geno=TL
Robert Plant=hskdlhvbsdkjhoiasdhohgw
Oni Link=Link
Paper Mario Set=Corresponding characters
Midna=hmm... I really don't know. Maybe Lucas.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'd love to see Lyn be made with Zamus's Model with same but some different moves from Marth's moveset.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Ok here is a list of what i will be modeling (not the whole list) and since i have someone in charge of 50% + of the textures, i will be pumping these out a lot faster. Heres the list:

Conker - Conkers Bad Fur Day

Earthworm Jim - Earthworm Jim

Duke Nukem - Duke Nukem (not sure on this one)

Various Kirby enemies and bosses (not sure, this will be one of the later ones)

Links Mask Forms - The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask

Various Mario Enemies - Mario

Various Donkey Kong Enemies - Donkey Kong

The DK Krew - Donkey Kong

King K. Rool - Donkey Kong

Banjo Kazooie - Banjo Kazooie Series

That dude with the skull mask - Banjo Kazooie

Theres others but i don't want to give away too much and as for stages, i have a list, i will post it some other time.

I will probably be making a character then a stage then a character then a stage etc.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Aww, no Tails?

Then again it wouldn't be hard to use an existing model and then just adjust him for Brawl proportions (then rig him, of course).

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
My most wanted models:

Bowser Jr - Bowser
The Black Knight - Ike
Tom Nook - Pikachu, Olimar?
Ridley - Charizard
Tails - ?

Really excited about this ;).

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Ok here is a list of what i will be modeling (not the whole list) and since i have someone in charge of 50% + of the textures, i will be pumping these out a lot faster. Heres the list:

Conker - Conkers Bad Fur Day

Earthworm Jim - Earthworm Jim

Duke Nukem - Duke Nukem (not sure on this one)

Various Kirby enemies and bosses (not sure, this will be one of the later ones)

Links Mask Forms - The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask

Various Mario Enemies - Mario

Various Donkey Kong Enemies - Donkey Kong

The DK Krew - Donkey Kong

King K. Rool - Donkey Kong

Banjo Kazooie - Banjo Kazooie Series

That dude with the skull mask - Banjo Kazooie

Theres others but i don't want to give away too much and as for stages, i have a list, i will post it some other time.

I will probably be making a character then a stage then a character then a stage etc.
Wow Vile that's amazing ;) Happy to know Banjo is on the works. Could you cosider either Tom Nook with Olimar?, Black Knight with Ike, or Lyn with Marth? Not a request, just a suggestion ;)

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
I said thats not the whole of the list, thats just the tip of the iceberg.
(if talking to me)
Ohh cool,well I hope you consider those ;)

Also VILE, I posted some links on the Brawl Model Extractor threa to see if you find them any useful.

Eldiran

Smash Lord

Hey Vile. I'd be more than willing to do movesets for a good number of those. If you find yourself churning out models, just drop me a PM and if it's character I know and like, I'll gladly moveset him out.

Regardless I am looking forward to seeing these.

4nace

Smash Ace
As a Modeller/Animator myself I know that as soon as Model Hacking is available then i'll be hacking a Wii and making Sandshrew out of Sonic. A heavy slower Sonic that can actually kill haha =P and should have lots of fun new attacks.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Those will only be useful to us if you can find us something that will convert GMod models into ones that can be opened with programs like 3dsMax. Does anyone know where one could be found? I have searched for one in the past with no success. Garrysmod.org is practically loaded with useful models...

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Aww, no Tails?

Then again it wouldn't be hard to use an existing model and then just adjust him for Brawl proportions (then rig him, of course).
You wouldn't even have to adjust him for Brawl proportions if you used the one in GHZ, just rig it to Sonic or something, the only problem would be his tails wouldn't move, they'd stay frozen.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Well I found a way to convert GMod files but it requires a program called MDLDecompiler which requires Half-Life 2 the Source SDK which I don't have... >_<

Anyone know of a work-around for this? I mean, I could always just pirate it and vow not to play it, but that's kinda... well you know.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
... I have the source sdk >.> And I've heard of MDLDecompiler, but could never find it for some reason. O.o Gmod is indeed brimming with excellent models though. I'll have to search a little harder I guess...

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
i use to compile stuff for source, and have the converter on my skydrive.

although getting models isn't the hard part. it's building the ones we don't have.

I think GadgetTR should add 2 sections to his opening post.
1. a chart of characters that people are suggesting to have in brawl.
2. and a list of people and their current modeling project(s)..

this way ideas are never lost, and it helps us to make the best possible mods for brawl.

but GadgetTR's going to have to update his post each time someone makes a suggestion, so it's a big job.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Has anybody think, when the model extractor is released, will people stop doing textures?
Probably for a time:laugh:, well, at least the people who know how to do it.

Does anybody know if new model hacks such ad Ridley, Lyn, Roy, etc. will be able thave thier own custom textures?

BTW, seeing is one of the thread's topic, do you think we should'nt use the model of the other games? For me this shouldnt bother us and we should use any model that we find, why?, because what nintendo want's us to not do is hacking, but we are already texture hacking and attack hacking and more, so no difference. Also by distrubiting a model from Nintendo or another company is the illegal part, but the finished proyect shouldn't be illegal i anyway.

So that was my post, want to keep this tread alive :laugh:
I hope Pharrox releases his convertor soon, like before next week's weekend, but I dont want to add any pressure, but I just can't wait to play with Lyn, Ridley, Tom Nook, Cloud, Bowser Jr, Megaman, Banjo, The Black Knight, Isaac, Roy, Mewtwo, Pichu, Plusle and Minun, Sephiroth, Bomberman, Geno and many many more :chuckle::chuckle:

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
i use to compile stuff for source, and have the converter on my skydrive.

although getting models isn't the hard part. it's building the ones we don't have.

I think GadgetTR should add 2 sections to his opening post.
1. a chart of characters that people are suggesting to have in brawl.
2. and a list of people and their current modeling project(s)..

this way ideas are never lost, and it helps us to make the best possible mods for brawl.

but GadgetTR's going to have to update his post each time someone makes a suggestion, so it's a big job.
A list of suggestions would become super ginormous. I mean you could pretty much sum one up with "every character from every game/anime/movie/comic/manga ever made", because that's what it would turn into eventually.

A list of who's modeling what would be good though. As long as the people claiming to be working on models show some previews of their work or are widely accepted to be working on them, of course. I'm not going to add people who are "planning" on making a model, after all.

Since I don't know who's working on what currently, just post in this thread to tell me. So far we have Mega Man being worked on by Vile, anyone else?

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
I will be showing the n64 desk stage when it is a little more textured.

Anywayz, i will start working on king k rool now, if anyone wants to talk or see any progress, come to the irc /KCMM /stacksmashhacks.

EDIT: I changed my mind, usurper king zant is in zeh making now.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
I will be showing the n64 desk stage when it is a little more textured.

Anywayz, i will start working on king k rool now, if anyone wants to talk or see any progress, come to the irc /KCMM /stacksmashhacks.
i will want to but, neither kmcc's irc nor stack smash is working :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom