• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Model Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Ok guys, the castle crasher aint gonna happen by the end of today, i got way too caught up in creating the engine for my overhead re game.

But good new is that i started on the castle crashers PSA and made 2 specials :p

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Bah, PSA. Bah I say! I'm a-waitin' for animation hacking, 'cause I'm doing all my own animations. 8D

And once I get textures and rigging done, I'll stick Roks and Zuru in their "trophy pose" and save some renders. So hopefully previews soon.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Vile, you remind me of me. So many ambitious projects, so little time.

Except I think I have a little bit of ADHD or something, so none of them ever get finished. :p

My current model project is an ironic exception to that, though. Things with PRIORITY have come up and I still just want to work on my model. Heh. I guess I'll post some screenies of the current progress on it sometime soon. Since the last screenshots, I've made the hands, arms, face/eyes/ear/neck, gave her a collarbone, and overall improved the finer details of the model.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Vile, you remind me of me. So many ambitious projects, so little time.

Except I think I have a little bit of ADHD or something, so none of them ever get finished. :p

My current model project is an ironic exception to that, though. Things with PRIORITY have come up and I still just want to work on my model. Heh. I guess I'll post some screenies of the current progress on it sometime soon. Since the last screenshots, I've made the hands, arms, face/eyes/ear/neck, gave her a collarbone, and overall improved the finer details of the model.
Everybody has ADHD, silly.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys, the castle crasher aint gonna happen by the end of today, i got way too caught up in creating the engine for my overhead re game.

But good new is that i started on the castle crashers PSA and made 2 specials :p
TLink's moveset already works perfectly, but the fact your making one anyway makes me love you even more.

If it DOES end up happening by the end of today, then DEAR GOD I WILL LOVE YOU. No homo, of course, this being the internet and the king of misinterpretations.

And hah, I guess you really love castle crashers to completely scrap your other projects at the moment just to do them, in light speed, too. I believe you have somebody to thank for reminding you. :p

....hint....

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I finished making the bomberman model. I used Animation master to model him.

If you want to see the model, look up "scratch", find the site for the program called scratch. search for "a preview of 3D in scratch" click on the one with the cat and bomberman on it, and watch my model. animation ws also added.

Anyway, bomberman model is complete, although it could be tweaked. I need to know if I can replace character models with models I make in Animation Master?

Please Reply!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I finished making the bomberman model. I used Animation master to model him.

If you want to see the model, look up "scratch", find the site for the program called scratch. search for "a preview of 3D in scratch" click on the one with the cat and bomberman on it, and watch my model. animation ws also added.

Anyway, bomberman model is complete, although it could be tweaked. I need to know if I can replace character models with models I make in Animation Master?

Please Reply!
can you not just provide a link to it directly? i want to see it, but searching scratch for "a preview of 3D in scratch" didn't give me anything.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
I'm dying to know how the crashers are comming. When can we expect them? I don't mind if you keep pushing the date back, I just want a date. :p

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Update on my model:

Bottom-right is subdivided. For the hand and arm, I actually used the ZSS model as a reference (just for shape, not line-for-line), but I think I'll have to go back over the fingers 'cuz they get kinda skinny when subdivided. Yes, the eyes and mouth are just going to be textured. I have zero experience doing "realistic" eyes. I wonder how hard it will be to replace Zelda's various face morphs with texture-swaps? If all else fails, I could just cheat and give her some sort of visor or sunglasses, but they might seem kinda out of place. :p Idk, I MIGHT, however, go back over the mouth with more realism, and maybe the eyes too, but it isn't likely.

Now all that's left to do is hair and clothes. What fun!~ =P

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Does a model have to be a modified version of the original? I have a Ratchet model (from Ratchet and Clank) that was extracted from the actual game he was in, can I still use it to replace someone elses model?

Also, if my last question was a yes, can I combine two models? Ratchets wrench model is separate from his model, can I somehow combine the two?

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
The Ratchet model you have will have to be modified a little to fit the old character's skeleton if that's what you mean. And you should be able to combine models with most model editing software.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
The Ratchet model you have will have to be modified a little to fit the old character's skeleton if that's what you mean. And you should be able to combine models with most model editing software.
Thanks for the help. This means I'll be able to give him Clank too!

Also, if someone wants the Ratchet and Clank files, here's the download.

Smash Ace
Update on my model:

Bottom-right is subdivided. For the hand and arm, I actually used the ZSS model as a reference (just for shape, not line-for-line), but I think I'll have to go back over the fingers 'cuz they get kinda skinny when subdivided. Yes, the eyes and mouth are just going to be textured. I have zero experience doing "realistic" eyes. I wonder how hard it will be to replace Zelda's various face morphs with texture-swaps? If all else fails, I could just cheat and give her some sort of visor or sunglasses, but they might seem kinda out of place. :p Idk, I MIGHT, however, go back over the mouth with more realism, and maybe the eyes too, but it isn't likely.

Now all that's left to do is hair and clothes. What fun!~ =P
Just 1 tip, dont show the non wireframed models with subdivision on, it makes it usually look better than it is, or make it looks worse because of the compensation it does.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
GadgetTR, who's that model of? I have a request for a character model that everyone here is either ignoring or missing, and that model looks like the perfect base!

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
fixed up Miranda from grandia3, I had to remodel symmetrify and redo the texture coordinates.

..not sure how I'm going to fix the hands though, the ones from the game are not modelled too well. I hate UV'ing hands too.. lol :p

img;

also venessa from pn03 is actually jill from re1. alot of re1 content was found inside that game, along with jill's head and matching face texture from re1.

of course anything that runs on dolphin, is thus rippable.

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
GadgetTR, who's that model of? I have a request for a character model that everyone here is either ignoring or missing, and that model looks like the perfect base!
It's going to be a model of an original character (ref; just ignore the hairstyle) I was originally making for personal use, but decided that It might be fun to put her into Brawl. Not to mention, this thread needs more people posting progress on models. :p

I may or may not release the base. We'll see. Actually, there's a chance I'll never be able to get it Brawl-ready, in which case there's a much higher chance of me releasing the base since I would feel awkward posting the progress of a model which had little to do with Brawl in this thread. :p

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
It's going to be a model of an original character (ref; just ignore the hairstyle) I was originally making for personal use, but decided that It might be fun to put her into Brawl. Not to mention, this thread needs more people posting progress on models. :p

I may or may not release the base. We'll see. Actually, there's a chance I'll never be able to get it Brawl-ready, in which case there's a much higher chance of me releasing the base since I would feel awkward posting the progress of a model which had little to do with Brawl in this thread. :p
That's ok, I don't need the base released. Just for you or someone else to base a Brawl-compatible character on it. I can't make models myself and no one outside of this board will do it.

I have the picture earlier in this thread, in case you care.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8804471&postcount=290

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Hey Mariokart, mind sending me the model you just posted? I want to study how the face is built, if it's not too much trouble. Even a model of just the face/head would be fine.

Smash Ace
Mario, i can fix those hands for you, i spent a long time finding efficient ways to do hands, now they aren't a problem.

And whoever said all these models to import, it wont work like that. We still must rig with brawl bones or make a whole set of animations with our own bones. You don't just make a model and it moves some how.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
i captured some other junk, that I need to repair
> gatu, bersek. ps2

> fayt, starocean3 .ps2

> redninja. ps2

>fiona, haunting grounds. ps2

>ryofu, ikkitousen .ps2

>kula, KOF2006 .ps2

>kosmos, xenosaga3 .ps2

here was my old hit list
Star Ocean III
-Grandia III
-CY Girls
-death by degrees
0onimusha3
-Berserk
-Haunting Grounds
-Bloody Roar 4
-Ikki Tousen
-King of Fighters Maxuim Impact 2
-Metal Gear Solid 3
-Red Ninja
-Onechanbara
-Spy Fiction
-Tekken5
-Tenchu Fatal Shadows
-NightShade
-Rule of Rose

btw ripping from the ps2 emu isn't easy, all these models need to be remodelled, tposed. and the texture coordinates remade. it's not a walk in the park :(

but I want to bring the most memorable characters to brawl. I hope we can start modding soon, and create a 3d mugen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom