• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl- NEEDS helpers!

Shade_

Smash Ace
Too be honest I'd apply as a play-tester, but over the past couple months I really don't feel like any of the input the (non-designers) give ever receives direct feed-back from the main team. I feel like the brawl- design team (whoever it is now) already has a solid idea of how they want the game to be, and when we give input that doesn't line up with theirs we just get ignored, we don't even get to discuss "why?", we just don't get any feed back at all.

If the design team is willing to be more active with it's testers/members, instead of keeping it in the backroom, I'll gladly sign up to help.

$up@ N0v@

Smash Journeyman
You could easily get a build yourself considering you've held succesful minus tournaments in the past :p
But i can leave one with you if we meet sometime soon, you ever go play at luckay's?
I haven't...I know he plays on campus but IDK which one...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Too be honest I'd apply as a play-tester, but over the past couple months I really don't feel like any of the input the (non-designers) give ever receives direct feed-back from the main team.
Because there hasn't been any significant work done in the past couple months, & nobody wants their ideas to get an "OK!" and then fall into oblivion.

NNID
Budget_Player
Well now **** is getting done. TBH I had not seen the Brawl- general forums for a while before just a few days ago, mostly because I got sick of reading ideas that were between stupid and really bad... Then I read Isaac's thread and realized "dayum, I need to watch this more closely". I dunno about the other team members but I know there hadn't been much activity anywhere. Now I'm kicking **** into gear.

Can anyone get on and playtest with other humans right now? I'm gonna be running suggestions past the backroom for long-standing playtesters (as well as encouraging them to read this thread), but at the moment the most critical question for instant admission is "are you there when I need you?".

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I could only provide actual playtests on Fridays and Saturdays since I'm off of self videogame probation on those days.

Not sure if that can help any of you.

Shade_

Smash Ace
With all do respect TSON. You guys can't afford to take people's personal feelings into account when doing a project like this if you want anything constructive to happen. If people's ideas are trash then let them know or let them fall into oblivion. It's better than being ignored.

I'd be willing to apply as a play-tester then. But how many spots are open?

NNID
Budget_Player
I have no idea, I'm gonna have to talk to the other team members. We basically have ****-all for people who are actually playtesting with humans at the moment (it's depressing when the most playtesting I can really get in is against the AI and that's the best we get). We're going to go through people who have applied at some point (hopefully) and add most of them permanently, but as said–at the moment "are you able to put out when I/other coder/designer needs you" takes precedence over the long term for the moment. I'll try to sort out several of them out over the next while, but I'm kinda super busy.

Simytherogue

Smash Rookie
I am willing to be a playtester. I play Minus during all days of the week for a few hours at a time. I pit myself against an incredibly wide array of Minus players, including failures, spammers, decently skilled, and incredibly skilled players.

In Minus, I have a very good knowledge of all of the characters. I myself can play quite a few characters very skillfully, (In no specific order: Marth, Captain Falcon, Luigi, Fox, Pit and Ike), while being able to play the remaining characters with a fairly high amount of competence.

I've attended a few local tournaments for regular Brawl (not for Minus) and placed in all of them. (Admittedly, most of the attendants were scrubs)

I am willing to spend 10+ hours a week playtesting against real people. One of my best friends is just as good at Minus as I am and is always available to play.

Although I am not quite sure what your credentials are, I am absolutely interested in being a playtester and trying to make 2.0 the best it can possibly be!

As a side note, I have Youtube videos of myself playing Minus against my friend, if that helps at all. Link to the channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FuseBrawlMinus?feature=mhum

Edit: tl;dr: I can be a Minus playtester against skilled humans for 10+ hours a week.

Sharky

Smash Master
Just saw this thread, I'm definitely willing to be a playtester. Syracuse loves Brawl-, and we're hosting a reasonably large tourney this coming weekend with people from all across NY, and NJ/PA. Sign me up pleeeeeeaaaaaase =D

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Just saw this thread, I'm definitely willing to be a playtester. Syracuse loves Brawl-, and we're hosting a reasonably large tourney this coming weekend with people from all across NY, and NJ/PA. Sign me up pleeeeeeaaaaaase =D
This.
Let this guy in, especially because we need help with yoshi and we're all garbs with him. Don't even lie.

Also: @Shade_ Telling people we don't like their ideas would result in also having to explain why they're bad... and often excessively.
Given, we should have some sort of acknowledgement for all you non-official testers and your ideas. I think a sticky should be made on how...

But currently, it's just hard to reply to all the "up in the air" ideas people give.

Slashy

Smash Lord
This.
Let this guy in, especially because we need help with yoshi and we're all garbs with him. Don't even lie.

Also: @Shade_ Telling people we don't like their ideas would result in also having to explain why they're bad... and often excessively.
Given, we should have some sort of acknowledgement for all you non-official testers and your ideas. I think a sticky should be made on how...

But currently, it's just hard to reply to all the "up in the air" ideas people give.
I'm ensuring that this guy has a beta build for this weekend (hopefully yours instead of mine). This guy already played in one of my Brawl- tournaments and finished near the top.

Zef

Smash Ace
i would again but i really dont wanna be in a big skype convo.
i only left before because my computer was being dumb and went insane when a message in that specific convo came up lol

cmart

Smash Lord
I can do some playtesting tonight if it's needed. If not, I'll just wait till I hear back from you guys (one way or the other).

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
I've playtested Super Smash Bros. Crusade. Multiple glitch reports sent to the devs. every 24 hours, B- has always been my favorite version of Brawl. I play Brawl a good 6 hours a day. Please consider me as a candidate to be a tester. You will not be left astray.

With much love, and an awesome signature.
NiTEWiNG

modernmacro

Smash Rookie
I'm going to repost my application, but a bit more specific. When Minus had the first beta release, I joined the forum. Around the release of 1.5, I started posting in the forums pretty regularly. Some of my ideas have been pretty widely liked, and I've done a couple of complete character write-ups (Diddy, Game and watch, Wario). I know coding limitations and understand how to play at a decent level.

At the one Minus tournament I've been to, I lost to Coney's opponent first round (his Pit against my MK and Jiggs). The second round, I lost a pretty close game to Isaac himself, in which I'm pretty sure he'll agree I had an opportunity to win the second game.

Friday, from around 4:00 - 11:00 on and off (mostly on), I'll probably play some Minus with friends. (I can probably play around 6 hours.) I can probably use every single character and give in depth feedback on everything. If there's a specific character .pac that you want me to use, I'd be glad to focus on that. Around 4:00 PM EST tomorrow, if someone wants me to test something, I'll be on Smashmods. If they want to send me a .pac, i'd be glad to use it. I think I'll also be able to Skype during that time period, but I'm not sure.

blackant

Smash Rookie
PLAYTESTER:
Everyone wants to be a playtester (cant blame them though cause i want to be one as well)
I'm a great brawler (that goes for vbrawl and minus 1.6) and in cause you need proof you can go onto AiB and ask some people named Triforce User, Blazemace, and DRDN, Zeus The Almighty, alot of people
I host minus tournaments so if you ever need a host you know where to find one. I play minus alot, mains are marth(The Tip Master), luigi(Just Plain Evil), captain falcon(Fear him), kirby, ike, snake, ganon(Mr.Smite), and jigglypuff. my secondaries are wolf, fox, falco, rob, d3, mk, dk, mario, sonic, pit, and samus(Mrs. Shoop Da Whoop) so i can test any of them for you. I am avilible at any time after 3pm CT (only cause im still in High school and i have the long bus ride home(picked up first, dropped off last)) and on fridays i wont be avaible until around 5-530pm CT(this is because i have japanesse club meetings on this day)
If anybody needs a way to contact me im ALWAYS avaivable via phone at 770-310-6573, if you need an e-mail address then you can get me at freezeboy95@yahoo.com or blackant95@yahoo.com but i would perfer freezeboy since im on that one more. Since everyone has a facebook, i would be able to help in makeing a group for minus and all of the hacked brawls in general. I think that sums up my playtester now onto codeing

CODEING:
Ok well first off, im not new to PSAs or brawl codeing (even though ive only seen it about 4-5 times) but this would be the first time ive actually worked with people on something so i would have to adjust to it. I would still be aviliable for the same times listed above but on saturdays i can be on earlier since its a weekend and im always bored on weekends(hence is why i like minus, its fun and keeps me occupied). I have a bit(not alot though) of knowledge in java and C++ (even though they wont help in the PSA) so its just a little something you should know.

Thank you for takeing the time to read all this, and i hope to join in makeing Brawl Minus 2.0
(if you missed the contact info in the playtesters section then it is below)

(Phone: 770-310-6573)
(E-mail #1 Freezeboy95@yahoo.com) Recommended
(E-mail #2 Blackant95@yahoo.com)

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, this is strictly an app for playtesting... my roommate and I have 2 other friends come over about 1-3 times a week solely to play smash... The current thing to play is project:m, but brawl- has had its time clocked in, needless to say been in the brawlmods scene since like the birth of brawl+ ;-)
I do have a high def video capture card, and really wouldnt mind booting up the new brawl- to test the hell out of it. I have attended a few brawl/melee tournaments, but didnt really place top 5 or anything like that. I have went to some of the same tournaments as Kirk however lol.

as a matter of fact, ill be playing tonight, so i can definitely get some footage for 3-6 hours. I am a college grad, and currently unemployed, so that probably helps ;-) been playing smash since '99 :)

Top Bottom