• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ness (SEVENTEEN ****ETY THREE)

shanus

Smash Hero
Just do it and get it over with. I want that board to be your home cuz next release isnt gonna be updated in a while.
enough whoring out of AiB on here already, I know many people don't like it and everyone knows it exists by now :p

D

Deleted member

i just don't like the layout of AiB, I don't hate anyone over there. There's no animosity.

Revven

FrankerZ
Ness's Dtilt only trips 30% on one hitbox. Lucas's trips 30% of the time on all hitboxes. MK's Dtilt trips 30% on all hitboxes. DK's Dtilt trips 40% of the time on all hitboxes, making his the best Dtilt (trip) in the entire game.

All taken directly from their .PACs.

Lil'E

Smash Apprentice
Well, ****... unless someone proves otherwise down tilt will never be useful it seems.

The trip rate combined with it only tripping on one hitbox makes it a really risky move for the low damage it deals. Especially since it can easily be jabbed out of.

Was trying to think of possible tactics, but lol now.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
oh, nvm.

but, there's one hitbox on lucas's down tilt that trips nearly all the time.

It's the hitbox on the very tip of its range.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
D:

Is there any way to fix how the DJC doesn't work properly with tap jump? I mean, I can use button jump but I'd have to get used to it again ;A;

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
... >_>

Hold up and attack = keep going up, right?

It's probably just me using the Cstick <_<

EDIT: Nope, not even A attacks go up when I have tap jump on..

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ness's Dtilt only trips 30% on one hitbox. Lucas's trips 30% of the time on all hitboxes. MK's Dtilt trips 30% on all hitboxes. DK's Dtilt trips 40% of the time on all hitboxes, making his the best Dtilt (trip) in the entire game.

All taken directly from their .PACs.
Either Sakurai enjoys making Ness inferior in a lot of things or he is a stupid as he appears to be when it comes to competitive games.

PS: The new Ness pac is amazing. I am now content.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Sorry Silence, they said that it would be hard to code it that way. So you'll have to learn a different way to jump. It's easier than you would think though, don't worry.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
To be honest, using a button to jump is not a problem for me at all. The problem is that using C to jump leaves me with A+B to grab, and that input sucks all around.

For this reason, I think I'll drop Ness for a much cooler character. Like Prince Poo of Dalaam MetaKnight. Play to win, right?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Sorry Silence, they said that it would be hard to code it that way. So you'll have to learn a different way to jump. It's easier than you would think though, don't worry.
im gonna djc dair their moms.

imma do it.

in honor of page 69.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
well i always had him as a secondary lool

so my marth wasnt doing so hot so i was like **** it ima go ness xD and i did really well

my marth did okay in teams it was the change set the threw my marth game off so i saw ness and saw him not changed alot so i stuck with him

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
ChaosKnight we need your help. A while ago we found a floating glitch with Yoshi's DJC and we heard from FerociBlanka that you did it with Ness off of a platform. We can't seem to replicate it. Could you do it again and save a replay for us?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
CK doesn't play Ness...

My whole world is a lie.

Do you guys find pk flash useful? Someone besides simna respond to this.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
No PK Flash was not even considered being used even one time in the tournament, except for in a friendlies match by me when I set my taunts to neutral Bs.

Unfortunately then it was completely and utterly outclassed by Falco's laser taunts.

EDIT: oh I thought you meant in the tourney CK came 4th in. I can't speak for Ness mains in general and how they feel about PK Flash.

EDIT #2: wait I just realized I could press down + taunt to taunt with PSI Magnet.

That is much more viable. Even broken some might say. I would probably be able to kill Ganondorf all day by spamming my taunt.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sage you have no excuses for getting last at tourneys from now on. Ness is completely ridiculous now.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Hey, I got 9th at the last brawl+ tournament I went to. I won as many matches as the people who placed 5th (or I placed in 5th and I won as many matches as the people who placed in 4th) did. It was a doubles tournament and I did team with Vist and it was before Ness' fair got nerfed.

I haven't been able to test out the last couple of builds cuz Mass effect and melee are really fun.

Only reason thunderhorse ***** me so much is that Falco is one of 2 characters that Ness cannot Ken combo and lasers > Ness

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Out of 10 teams (I don't remember how big the Herb 2 brawl+ tournament was)? I lost to chu and boss (who won the tournament) and then this double wolf team that I believe beat you and took 3rd place.

SSBFalco

Smash Cadet
I just tried out the new build and...

Ness DJC got in? I don't know how or why, but it got in, so I'm not complaining. I'm trying to get used to it but it just feels really sloppy and unnatural to me. I'm not doing anything too crazy with it yet but I'll improve in time.

The only thing that really bugs me is the hitlag on fair. Why did they decide to do that? Really slows down the pace of the match *_*.

Top Bottom