• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ness (SEVENTEEN ****ETY THREE)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yeah. PKT1 needs a balance. Maybe like a 15% increase. Also Count or Shanus did you guys locate the problem on PK flash?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
*shakes head*

You see, this is why Ness+ mains are the laughing stock of the community...

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Just make the fair so it doesn't pop you straight up about 2 inches, setting up for a REALLY easy combo.

Raise the KB, and it's fine.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
*shakes head*

Except the change that's bad was the Fair change which wasn't even ours?

The other changes are fine.

Ness mains are looked down on because people now expect Ness mains to do stupid things, and thus notice more when they make any sort of mistake.

Good thing I'm only a Ness Secondary.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Would someone please tell me what zap jumping is? I've been ignoring it so long, but I'm kind of annoyed now that I don't know what it is. I don't know if I even know what it looks like whenever I watch a Brawl+ Ness match.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
*shakes head*

Which is funny, because they weren't whining this time around.

Anyway, it seems as tho the no change rule has been discarded? How sad.

And I agree on telling us what the angle and SDI difference simply does.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I also agree that no changes should be made for awhile, just bringing up what should be happening in the next build =/

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
I think that not only should they not make changes for a while to the official 5.0 build, but (to encourage more people to use it) they should also not release any nightly builds during the time that they aren't changing 5.0

EDIT: Stage fixes are fine I guess. Imagine....Port Town Aero Dive could be a legal counterpick if only the cars had lower damage and kbg

The Cape

Smash Master
If that was to prove anything, it failed miserably lol
Atomosk is one of the best players in the country and tells me he beat Yes's Fox pretty consistantly with his Falco and JCaesar has over 20 hours against my Ness so has gotten a good feel for how it plays.

However, you want to keep saying it sucks I am sure we can MM at BtL2 and I can give you a similar beating to the first one.

shanus

Smash Hero
Atomosk is one of the best players in the country and tells me he beat Yes's Fox pretty consistantly with his Falco and JCaesar has over 20 hours against my Ness so has gotten a good feel for how it plays.

However, you want to keep saying it sucks I am sure we can MM at BtL2 and I can give you a similar beating to the first one.
I won't be at BtL2 but we can Ness ditto MM whenever we meet again.

I'm just saying that if they are justifying your ness as broken then its plain silly. Your ness does not vary in approach, doesn't nail nearly as many combos as it could (you seriously need to use DJC more), and your PKT1 variety wasn't that good. Your ness can definitely improve.

Now regarding the point of my post. In the matches where you were against atomsk, a lot of his deaths were fairly stupid mistakes on his part. In many stocks, he also was dominating you. He had periods of 90%+ flawless combos on you showing it could anyone's game in that battle. I was expecting some consistently 2-3 stocks every time hearing about this beast ness, and instead saw close matches. Hence why I said, "these matches prove nothing" except that you put up a better fight against Atomsk than Yes!

Also, Atomsk has loads of room for improvement on his falco too, making the matches even more invalid as such. Both players clearly aren't playing the characters at the peak of their playstyle. I don't mean any offense to your or Atomsk when I say it, either. Its fairly obvious, really.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Atomosk doesn't SHFF Laser, or really laser in general in any of those videos.
It's not really not using lasers that's the problem per say, it's more that he never correctly SHFFed his lasers once, probably attempting to do it Melee-style.

Don't get me wrong though, he's still very good. He's got great mindgames/prediction/reading/whatever, most likely why he excels at vBrawl. But from a technical standpoint he did leave something to be desired.

I should have probably put that in another thread though.

Ness is gay. No ***** *** Ness. blahblahblahblah.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
After watching those vids, one thing pisses me off about Ness's fair. It always combos. At any percent.

You get hit with a fair, getting hit with another aerial is GUARANTEED. This applies all the way to killing percents...

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
After watching those vids, one thing pisses me off about Ness's fair. It always combos. At any percent.

You get hit with a fair, getting hit with another aerial is GUARANTEED. This applies all the way to killing percents...
Try experimenting with DI

Remember you can Di each individual hit of the fair and not just the final one

Alphatron

Smash Champion
the nochange rule sholdnt be discarded -.- god should i even take brawl+ seriously anymore? it seems more of a joke now
The only joke is Ness, man. ;_;

Edit: About the fair comboing from any percent...see Ivy dsmash, Zelda dtilt, DDD dair, ZSS dsmash, ZSS Nuetral B, and probably a few others. Just saying.

Top Bottom