• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ness (SEVENTEEN ****ETY THREE)

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
tests without DI don't matter.

For example, lucas dthrow is not a chain throw on almost anyone DIing back and away. In fact most of all followups stop working at mid to low percents.
Yeah, you can just DI away and tech to avoid most followups at higher percents. Unless the Lucas player uses it next to the edge that is.

shanus

Smash Hero
I don't think I'd like tech chasing personally because he doesn't have anything that covers that much range at one time except PK fire. But I like the hitstun idea.
Uh..... dair?

And you guys can't alter hitstun directly. Knockback/Dmg = hitstun

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Oh.

And Oh again.

Sucks. :V

BTW shanus, is there a way to only speed up aerial PKT1? Grounded is stupid lagless so 125% would be nice there but aerial 200% is sexy amirite, it's got landlag so why not?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I wouldn't set it at 500% like before, but having a special way to reduce your lag (SH PKT1) seems like a good idea to me since it makes him a bit more skillful.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Ness needs any way to reduce lag on PKT1.

I don't think your .pac sufficiently nerfs Ness, Shanus. I tested it, and yeah, it makes it so fair doesn't combo into itself, but it still combos into reaaally stupid things at even more stupid percents.

Ness mains will hate me for this, but I'd be fine with fair being a bad move. Same with d-throw. He'd definitely be fine without them.

If DK is truly the image of balance in Brawl+, then aim to make Ness as good as DK. Even in your current .pac, he's better.

It's stupid to speed up PKT1 because it buffs his recovery. Ness's main weakness is supposedly his recovery (which is kinda stupid because he has zap jumping, a good second jump, and his up-b can cover a good distance. Sure, he goes into freefall if it's absorbed, but less than half the cast can just jump off the stage into PKT safely).

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I don't think I'd like tech chasing personally because he doesn't have anything that covers that much range at one time except PK fire. But I like the hitstun idea.
Fair, running attack, dash grab, djc nair.... Ness is fast and has enough range to tech chase pretty well.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
tests without DI don't matter.

For example, lucas dthrow is not a chain throw on almost anyone DIing back and away. In fact most of all followups stop working at mid to low percents.

Same with D3 dthrow, etc.

You are wasting your own time testing it without DI because I abalanced those moves explicitly testing DI on heavyweights, floats, FFs, etc :p
You must have missed my last post where I said I did testing WITH DI. All of those characters have a cg on Snake including Lucas

EDIT: if we are considering dthrow changes....what about making it like Melee Fox dthrow?

EDIT: @WheelofFish - How is the new DI on fair?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo

I don't think your .pac sufficiently nerfs Ness, Shanus. I tested it, and yeah, it makes it so fair doesn't combo into itself, but it still combos into reaaally stupid things at even more stupid percents.

Ness mains will hate me for this, but I'd be fine with fair being a bad move. Same with d-throw. He'd definitely be fine without them.

If DK is truly the image of balance in Brawl+, then aim to make Ness as good as DK. Even in your current .pac, he's better.

It's stupid to speed up PKT1 because it buffs his recovery. Ness's main weakness is supposedly his recovery (which is kinda stupid because he has zap jumping, a good second jump, and his up-b can cover a good distance. Sure, he goes into freefall if it's absorbed, but less than half the cast can just jump off the stage into PKT safely).
lol peach mains

gtfo seriously :V

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Saying Ness would be fine without a decent fair is like saying that Peach would be good without her float. It's practically his main approach move.

shanus

Smash Hero

Uh, did you test against people? Because when I did, the increased SDI + the final hit KBG made it significantly harder to ever land combo moves at higher percents. In fact, sometimes they would SDI straight out of my fair.

I'll wait to here more feedback, but it sounds like you were playing against computers.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
How does speeding up PKT1 ENDLAG buff his recovery?

He no longer has infinite PKT1, and he won't be getting it back. It's just that right now there is a question of how much faster the endlag should be.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
How does speeding up PKT1 ENDLAG buff his recovery?
After people eat his thunder, he can grab the edge faster, though he can already grab the edge pretty quickly after pkt1 anyways. It's a neglible buff and I think he was thinking about startup lag.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Seeing as how startup lag was never buffed, I assumed he was talking about projectile speed, which no one knows how to edit currently anyway.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Shanus: I played matches today and I think the fair is good. It still felt like it combo'd good when it hit but my opponent escaped it a little over two thirds of the time i used it. I think this fair should only get complaints from people who are failing to DI.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
So would the 0E030100 replace both lines of 0E020100?

What's so different about it, anyway? What exactly makes it better?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Makes you actually have 0 vertical momentum and only gravity and fastfalling can move you. A more of a stall feeling at the beginning, and yes.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
So you stall in the beginning of it, then start to fall, correct?

Anyone else wanna try this?

BTW, any chance this gets rid of the weird DJC glitch?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It's a stall FEELING, not an actual stall. And I'll try the DJC glitch but I think the reason that it's so messy is because of the wrappers around it, not the actual value.

shanus

Smash Hero
TSON: It kills your horizontal momentum I thought as well? That there eliminates its use immediately. We don't need more of a stall on the DJC, that just slows it down :p

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Can we fix that fact that DJC z dropping an item causes you to levitate?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
We could always "Techniques such as Ness/Yoshi's DjC floating may not be used to stall the match and if you put yourself in a position where you could not make it back to the stage then you must lose your stock." and something like "You may not spend more than 20 seconds at a time not above the stage using Ness/Yoshi's DjC float."

That way you can still use the float in your matches, but you cant use it to stall.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
I'm still all for the "not changing things" idea even though we are making these small changes already....I think Shanus' fair worked out well to make the move not so good without changing it a whole lot....this other thing tho seems like a bigger change

also: Can we add light shields in?^_^

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Probably not in the way Melee's were, and definitely not through PSA, but I'm sure some coder could make something to the effect of "pressing two shield inputs at once creates a light shield."

I mean hell back when .gct was the only thing being used they created the Hybrid airdodge.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It definitely sounds possible, although I dunno how resizing the shield's GFX is handled, I wouldn't be surprised if it froze.

Top Bottom