• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Maybe its just my inexperience then, perhaps mario has a much higher learning curve than I initially thought. My friend has played mario+ for a little over a week now (he played him in VB) and isn't really comparable to boss. (those are old vids anyway)

Boss to me is like the exception. I really won't judge a character because 1 person ***** with him. Unless you can find a "boss" for every character in B+, I really don't want to use "boss" as a standard to compare mario to other characters. But then again, maybe my friends and I need to spend more time with mario. (which I will do next friday at our weekly Brawl friendlies......)

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
*headdesk*

If you want new videos, you will go to youtube and search yourself. Mario hasn't really changed drastically in quite a while, so I don't know what you're going for with the age of the videos arguement. But since you want a recent video
AND STILL WON'T SEARCH FOR IT YOURSELF
here you go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hgZBgZZVPM

TL?

Smash Ace
This mcanceling thing seems a bit unnessesary. I think the game is already great without it. Remember this is Brawl+. It's an improvement of brawl, that takes what we have and fixes and balances it. Once you start glueing on extra bits it's going to become more confusing and less appealing. Not to mention there's been a ton of work put into to balancing it already. Throwing in an extra mechanic at this point would make a good portion of that time spent balancing the game gone to waste.

Unrelated suggestion: Is it possible to make side-b moves like pk fire with lucas or missles with samus not cancel if they were started in the air just before landing. Wolf's laser does not cancel and it would be nice if missles didn't either.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Moves that doesn't make others flinch is refreshing Lucario/Snake/Sonic/GW/Diddy's up/sideBs. Has that been fixed? You can make them refresh their upBs only when they enter the flinch state, but not when they are hit by any hitboxes.

And what's the view of you on grabbing a lying character? I got no response from the last time I asked.

The Cape

Smash Master
For the upBs you mentioned you can actually cape them as the move is coming out, or after it has "ended" and get away with it.

It has not been fixed, but I also dont think it should as it forces the Mario/Squirtle player to learn the matchup a bit better and mixup his edgeguards on them.

The Cape

Smash Master
It is a stupid glitch, but it adds flavor to the game which is nice. It only really effect Mario and Squirtle in this way, but they have other ways to deal with these things.

I would however like to remove Lucario upB autosnap >.>

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
This mcanceling thing seems a bit unnessesary. I think the game is already great without it. Remember this is Brawl+. It's an improvement of brawl, that takes what we have and fixes and balances it. Once you start glueing on extra bits it's going to become more confusing and less appealing. Not to mention there's been a ton of work put into to balancing it already. Throwing in an extra mechanic at this point would make a good portion of that time spent balancing the game gone to waste.

Unrelated suggestion: Is it possible to make side-b moves like pk fire with lucas or missles with samus not cancel if they were started in the air just before landing. Wolf's laser does not cancel and it would be nice if missles didn't either.
while your contribution is totally welcome, changing those side-b moves in that way would actually be more of a nerf, especially in samus's case since it would remove her Missile canceling techniques

EDIT: my suggestion about Magus Canceling is still being ignored :(

jalued

Smash Lord
while your contribution is totally welcome, changing those side-b moves in that way would actually be more of a nerf, especially in samus's case since it would remove her Missile canceling techniques

EDIT: my suggestion about Magus Canceling is still being ignored :(
Maybe for magnus cancel, it could be set that it reduces your shield by say 5% each time used, and the shield from then on (after 1st use) could not regenerate to more than 100% minus the amount lost

if it reached 0%, u would have a shield break , after the shield break how about if the shield stays at about 20-30%, so that it is basically useless for defence, or maybe make it go back to 100%, but then every Magnus cancel it'll reduce by 10% etc etc

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Dedede would love grabbing his opponent while they're lying down. Failure to tech the dthrow 100% of the time? lol chaingrab.

lol failure to ever tech anything right away? Grabbed

Swordplay

Smash Lord
What I was getting at is mario use to be really good but with so many buffs to other characters (considering mario hasn't seen anything in a while) I'm worried his MU's might be hurting. That's all I was trying to say but I'm going to shut up ow since you all think he is fine.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Mario seems to be a character that takes a lot more skill out of other characters in the roster, mostly about pressuring.

And he seems like the most close range character out of everyone.

I love using him though.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Shield damage for Bowser plz... in more than just d-air

Oh and mario is a good character as is. His bad recovery balances him since he is so strong on stage.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
about the falco thing:

1. Nice idea, but it prob won't happen. His reflector has a new purpose. It combo's because it pulls inward.

2. Nice idea as well, but he's getting something different. He's getting SHFFL instead. Short Hop Fast Fall Laser. He can only shoot one in a short hop now, but he can fastfall during it and it's a reasonable tradeoff.
you can fastfall his laser now??? You mean for upcoming nightly? AWESOME!

As for #1 i know it pulls inward, it has been for a while. But i still think the change i suggested would be more interesting and speed things up. A lot of people hate falco's reflector. it could:

Still pull inward, or be changed to upward like original >.>.
Allowed JC
Hitbox only around falco's body, the extension only works to reflect projectiles

I also think samus' crap mines need a lot of work so:
-explode on enemy contact (no delay)
-explodes interrupt any samus action
-get rid of the massive delay on mine jump (currently after a mine jump from the ground, or even 2, u cannot get off an attack before you hit the ground, except neutral air barely)

shanus

Smash Hero
If you can get people in the WBR to be active AND make up their mind, things progress faster :p

jalued

Smash Lord

As for #1 i know it pulls inward, it has been for a while. But i still think the change i suggested would be more interesting and speed things up. A lot of people hate falco's reflector. it could:

Allowed JC
Hitbox only around falco's body, the extension only works to reflect projectiles

-get rid of the massive delay on mine jump (currently after a mine jump from the ground, or even 2, u cannot get off an attack before you hit the ground, except neutral air barely)

samus stuff is already been worked on i think

about the falco stuff...this isnt melee!! i know melee falco is great fun and everything (i do occasionally gorge myself on melee in moments of weakness), but the new reflector just wouldt suit that at all. It would look clumsy and unproffessional, plus completely unbalance falco and make him nearly a different character. Leave falco as he is (with SHFF lasers ofc)

JC is a possiblility , but that is already being discussed on falco boards.

shanus

Smash Hero
samus stuff is already been worked on i think

about the falco stuff...this isnt melee!! i know melee falco is great fun and everything (i do occasionally gorge myself on melee in moments of weakness), but the new reflector just wouldt suit that at all. It would look clumsy and unproffessional, plus completely unbalance falco and make him nearly a different character. Leave falco as he is (with SHFF lasers ofc)

JC is a possiblility , but that is already being discussed on falco boards.
As a melee falco main, I'd love to give him all that shine love, but its not happening.

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm the only WBR prolimar player (although he isn't my B+ main.

Request: I need someone with good skills in PS to compile an awesome banner for the 5.0 release.

Dan_X

Smash Lord

Allowed JC

Dude, sorry but no. This is entirely unneeded. Not only does it not make sens to change the shine the way you mention, but it'd look terrible.

I hate to break it to you, but most people, especially Falco mains like his new pulling-in shine. The only thing we're really willing to try is a JC shine as described in the Falco+ thread, who knows if that's going to be part of the next release.

Thanks for your input, but we like Falco the way he is.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman

Allowed JC
...buut, if Shine JC were just thrown in there, wouldn't that just make it mega imbalanced? Thats why i suggested the hitbox be returned to his original body. It is not to make it "just like melee," some elements in melee worked and should not be discarded. As for this, u would still be getting the extension making it much better than the other shines for projectile reflecting. The hitbox around falco would not necessarily look bad (if you are planning to JC it anyway...), but also, couldn't an additional shine model be placed on falco? I am no expert with coding, but from all the other character builds that should be easily possible :p

jalued

Smash Lord
...buut, if Shine JC were just thrown in there, wouldn't that just make it mega imbalanced? Thats why i suggested the hitbox be returned to his original body. It is not to make it "just like melee," some elements in melee worked and should not be discarded. As for this, u would still be getting the extension making it much better than the other shines for projectile reflecting. The hitbox around falco would not necessarily look bad (if you are planning to JC it anyway...), but also, couldn't an additional shine model be placed on falco? I am no expert with coding, but from all the other character builds that should be easily possible :p
The idea that is being tested is that you can only JC shine if you hit the opponent. Otherwise u will suffer extra lag. This will help to make sure it is balanced, and no it would not generally be overpowered, as the angle of trajectory for the shine is VERY DI dependant.

Changing the shine to be fox's shine is more of a PSA extra "melee falco" personal build. It is very unlikely that it will make it to the offical set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom