• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothyung

Smash Ace
At first I was like

"Wow awesome"

Then I was like

"OMG THE NIGHTLY OFFICIAL IS DELAYING AGAIN"

At last I was like

"NOES, YESZ, NOES, YESZ"

Rudra

Smash Ace
Great job, Dantarion!

I wonder if it will become possible to alter the SMS to be of actual benefit to the game instead of removing it now.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Awesome....I saw things with items in there....(smells prop code) (also smells a delay'd nightly)
Read the last paragraph guys
Also, this means that for people with a USB gecko, OpenSA MIGHT be able to support tweaking movesets WHILE the game is running, by submitting changes to the .pac over the USBGecko. This is all theory right now, but I wanted to post it anyways.
From what I'm understanding to use this discovery you have to have USB Gecko/ISO hacks which is something the WBR will never, ever, EVER ask of the community. If an unhacked Wii can't use something then Brawl+ won't use it.

Doval

Smash Lord
I don't think that's what he meant.
So...its possible to edit Fighter.pac to modify certain actions of ALL characters at once, but ocarina codes are needed to do so.
Codes will do.

The USB Gecko thing is simply mentioning that as an added bonus, the WBR should be able to use one to edit those very same things in real time and test things out easier.

camelot

Smash Ace
Dantarion, can you open stages in OpenSA? If you can, I bet it's possible to edit the hitboxes on the cars in Port Town Aero Dive, etc.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I haven't looked at stages yet, I really want to get OpenSA working as a fully functioning replacement for SA before I start branching out into new things. The stuff I have stumbled into trying to do that has been usefull though :D

Dan_X

Smash Lord
all the people working on brawl+ are so amazing
No kidding! It's just crazy how many people have come together to make his happen! We have coders, programmers, the WBR, texturers, the community, all of which are vital to Brawl+.

I especially find our programmers to be amazing. Dantarion, how does one accomplish what you do? It's amazing. OpenSA? So is that your version of PSA that can do more than PSA? What inspired you to make your own version of it?

camelot

Smash Ace
Hey, I found something in PSA that might be handy.

It determines whether or not you can grab a ledge. Event 0C090100, parameter is "value", value of 0 = can't grab ledge, 1 = can grab ledge

shanus

Smash Hero

It determines whether or not you can grab a ledge. Event 0C090100, parameter is "value", value of 0 = can't grab ledge, 1 = can grab ledge
what about a value of 4? :-P

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966

no more autosnap for characters :) i knew psa would find an easy solution
lucario and everyone cant autosnap
and ppl like marth, then they hit someone or their sheild on their way up with the up-b...
yeah
that can be fixed to.

:lick:

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
and ppl like marth, then they hit someone or their sheild on their way up with the up-b...
yeah
that can be fixed to.

Besides lucario I'm pretty sure that those things are intentional.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
yeah
that can be fixed to.

freaking awesome, but yeah the shield thing is for every char; if you hit someone while using up-b it will cancel and sweetspot (and hit them). But this is great news for Lucario and also mewtwo hopefully (:

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Now I'm okay with Lucario's no special fall.
lol you're right!

Before he was either totally safe, of he could attack you. :dizzy:

Actually I distinctly remember arguements about autosnap when you hit someone, and although I would rather have it be removed there were lots of arguments that it should stay it, so I'm pretty sure they added it purposefully.
And no, I'm sorry. It was brought up again in the discussion of various ledge functions we had not too long ago, and it was a result of the code not working fully. Something to do with hitlag, if i recall correctly.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Clonehat is right. During hitlag, the game considers you not moving up with your UpB, so then you can latch.

That said, I still like it. :(

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Marth and Mario like it too, but its for the good of the game really. V:

**** needs to go, along with Lucario autosnap.

Well they intentionally didn't immediately try to fix it, and I'm not sure that they will now.

But I think it should be removed personally.
Because we couldnt remove it. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom