• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Going with the whole "trade off thing." I personally don't see why that is the only way to deal with buffs and nerfs. Just buffing or just nerfing is also fine. He has a pretty good recovery already there is no need for it to be even better.
Taking away the Fair change would make Snake mains angry. It was a real ***** to even get them to accept the nerfs, otherwise, people would have killed us. You must understand this kupo. :(

timothyung

Smash Ace
Going with the whole "trade off thing." I personally don't see why that is the only way to deal with buffs and nerfs. Just buffing or just nerfing is also fine. He has a pretty good recovery already there is no need for it to be even better.
When I think about it again, it hardly buffs his recovery... but GoG said it did.

Also cookiemonster: By Ultimate, it must be very cinematic with close up cameras when it connects, slow downs, one-hit KO, non-shield-able, ultra long hitlag (5 seconds anyone?), no-SDI, huge range, but long start-up time. You can make the start up a whole 3 seconds, and Falcon can be hit out of it, but not when the hitbox is out. But the range will be huge, and covers a whole FD in front of CF. Also he must say Show me ya moves after that.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I actually love the Peach dair nerf for some reason...it's a legitimate nerf (that was deserved because the new up b and forward smash are so sexy), and yet I can still use it in the exact same ways I do before. :D

although I have one suggestion. I know this isn't supposed to be melee 2.0, but in melee, when peach landed with her parasol closed, she had nearly NO landing lag.

So think the lag shortening should be switched. make it so landing while CLOSED having 2x faster recovery. Because, if you're forced to land on the stage with her Up b, you wanna land as soon as possible, a.k.a landing while closed.

...and lots of people are complaining.....

And no matter what we do to this game, this will NEVER be melee 2.0. Brawl is just too different from Melee to ever be similar. >.>

I like the melee-esque Sheik needle charge D:

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
wrong. "Up-B (Descent):
-Opening and closing of umbrella increased to 1.2x speed
-Landing with umbrella up and open at 2x speed."

the landing lag is only shortened when the parasol is open, currently.

Landing while closed still has a TON of lag.

...unless you meant in melee, where yeah, it's not instant. But it was really quick.

EDIT: Mattnumbers..that's kinda dumb IMO...it would make more sense to have less lag while closed. And it would be more useful.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I actually love the Peach dair nerf for some reason...it's a legitimate nerf (that was deserved because the new up b and forward smash are so sexy), and yet I can still use it in the exact same ways I do before. :D

although I have one suggestion. I know this isn't supposed to be melee 2.0, but in melee, when peach landed with her parasol closed, she had nearly NO landing lag.

So think the lag shortening should be switched. make it so landing while CLOSED having 2x faster recovery. Because, if you're forced to land on the stage with her Up b, you wanna land as soon as possible, a.k.a landing while closed.

...and lots of people are complaining.....

And no matter what we do to this game, this will NEVER be melee 2.0. Brawl is just too different from Melee to ever be similar. >.>

I like the melee-esque Sheik needle charge D:
The whole point of it having less lag when opened is so that it requires you to think and open it right before you hit the ground to avoid lag.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Can you please not force me to use button jump on Yoshi/Ness if I want to hit while moving upwards <_<;

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Parasol being out having less lag is better, since it requires more skill. With this, you have to know when to time bring out the parasol as you fast-fall towards the ground to get the least amount of lag.

As for Sheik's needles, the Melee system had it perfectly. With Melee-style needles, you can release non-fully-charged needles faster, since you don't have to double-press the B-button. But that's not as important as the other reason: it allows you to use Needles to turn around in the air while you have a Needle Storm fully charged.

And speaking of canceling charges in the air, there's been one thing that's been bother me. The way canceling charge moves with shield in the air works differently for charge moves that were in Melee than those that are new. It's like they used the same coding for the old moves while coding the new moves differently.
Let me elaborate: moves like Sheik's needles, DK's charge punch, etc., when canceled in the air, simply cancels. But new moves like Mario's FLUDD and Lucario's Aura Sphere, when canceled in the air, forces you to air dodge.
It would be awesome if these new charge moves didn't force you to air dodge when canceled in the air! :chuckle:

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
needle canceling is even sexier with the needle change. D:

and I have another suggestion:

Ness's double jump cancel is perfect...he can do any aerial from an instantaneous DJC. (by that I mean a DJC as soon as you can)

but yoshi's...if you DJC as soon as possible, the only aerial you can do out of it is his uair. With very good timing.

So can you fix it so he can do his other aerials out of it please?

by this I mean that the hitboxes don't come out in time before he hits the ground. and I don't want to have to jump and wait a bit before DJC. >.>

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
needle canceling is even sexier with the needle change. D:

and I have another suggestion:

Ness's double jump cancel is perfect...he can do any aerial from an instantaneous DJC. (by that I mean a DJC as soon as you can)

but yoshi's...if you DJC as soon as possible, the only aerial you can do out of it is his uair. With very good timing.

So can you fix it so he can do his other aerials out of it please?

by this I mean that the hitboxes don't come out in time before he hits the ground. and I don't want to have to jump and wait a bit before DJC. >.>
The whole reason he can't do it is because the moves are too slow, and the only way to change that would be to make them all really fast, which is not happening. Your just going to have to time your DJC to be as low as possible when the hitbox comes out.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
awww...ok.... poor yoshi... :(

Anyways, the Dedede trippy smash (lolz) is kind of lolz. It completely wrecks edge-campers who stay at the side of the stage. :D

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
lol, metaknight+ feels like vBrawl metaknight because of all the hitlag. vBrawl users rejoice!

Everyone feels perfect now imo, 'cept Marth, he's terrible now. I liked fastfaller Marth and overpowered gay marth more than this one. :/

Again though, everyone else is perfect, gj

timothyung

Smash Ace
lol, metaknight+ feels like vBrawl metaknight because of all the hitlag. vBrawl users rejoice!

Everyone feels perfect now imo, 'cept Marth, he's terrible now. I liked fastfaller Marth and overpowered gay marth more than this one. :/

Again though, everyone else is perfect, gj
Marth should not be a fastfaller >.>
And his fastfall speed is not decreased, but he's a bit more floaty. That means more recovery and he is harder to be comboed.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I call the SS12 combo which is Peach down throw to up smash on most everyone, and then down throw > uair on floaties
D:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
open up the pac yourself and fix it.
A brilliant idea. Why didn't anyone think of this before?!

-_-

If you guys can't change it now or are trying to figure it out, then fine. But just leaving the DJC like this instead is just going: Hey you! All you who don't use the jump button to jump! Yeah, **** you! Change your playstyle cuz we said so!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo

-_-

If you guys can't change it now or are trying to figure it out, then fine. But just leaving the DJC like this instead is just going: Hey you! All you who don't use the jump button to jump! Yeah, **** you! Change your playstyle cuz we said so!
inb4loltapjumpersarejustlikenessmains

Mattnumbers

Smash Master

-_-

It's really not hard at all to change to a different jump button, I've done it multiple times. The hardest thing is when you don't play with tap jump on and then you try to play with it on but still not using it to jump, and you obviously don't have to deal with that.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
the thing is that tap jump is inferior. >.>

press the y or x button is better in like, every way.

Not to be mean, but what hardcore vbrawl enthusiast uses tap jump?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
the thing is that tap jump is inferior. >.>

press the y or x button is better in like, every way.

Not to be mean, but what hardcore vbrawl enthusiast uses tap jump?
People like me who have played since Smash64 who have always used the control stick to jump and short hop with no problem. I don't own a GC controller. A+B to grab is stupid as hell and the one thing I hated about nunchuck.

Hey, you guys should all play w/ nunchucks. Changing cntrl pref. is so easy!!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I don't find JC up smash or out of shield up be or out of shield up smash any hard with y to jump.

:V

and falco down throw > boost smash up smash is sexy.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Personal experience ftw. GC is a better controller since everyone ever owned a GC and melee and muscle memory, blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom