• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
but why give it such a large distance? it ***** at edge guarding because all you have to do is charge it, wait for them to get a medium distance away from the stage, and then gimp them. if it can hit half of FD then whats stopping a person from edge ****** anybody? bthrow -> bair off the stage -> fsmash edge guard. i can see some problems with that.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
but why give it such a large distance? it ***** at edge guarding because all you have to do is charge it, wait for them to get a medium distance away from the stage, and then gimp them. if it can hit half of FD then whats stopping a person from edge ****** anybody? bthrow -> bair off the stage -> fsmash edge guard. i can see some problems with that.
how do you "edgeguard" a grounded foe?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
like i said before (which neko so conveniently didn't notice) is that it can be pretty **** in doubles. one person distracts while you charge a fsmash, team mate jumps out of the way, you let it go, person can't do jack. the point being you don't have to be remotely near them for it to screw with people.

all i'm saying is the distance should be a little shorter and you guys are treating it like i'm saying get rid of the thing all together.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah...doubles will be interesting...and funny... LOL

And the Quake Hammer has made me want to get three friends together and play a 4-way FFA D3 match...for the lawls... :chuckle:
EDIT: With bob-ombs, motion sensor bombs, and anything that you can hit that goes BOOM!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Did you READ the post I linked you to?
The first sentence:
1) no, because i didn't read you post when i quoted it to check for links i can't see.

2) the set JUST came out. how can one person generalize how a character is played for an entire community

3) he gives examples in that post of good team partners with D3 that use the hammer trip to full effect.

4) one post =/= discussion.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Coordinating Quake Hammer in 2v2 is about as likely as coordinating Din's Fire in teams.

Unless the other team has a blind eye to what the other team's doing, it's actually much harder to coordinate in practice than it is on paper.

timothyung

Smash Ace
1) no, because i didn't read you post when i quoted it to check for links i can't see.

2) the set JUST came out. how can one person generalize how a character is played for an entire community

3) he gives examples in that post of good team partners with D3 that use the hammer trip to full effect.
the set JUST came out. how can one person generalize how a character is played for an entire community

Sterowent

Smash Ace
Coordinating Quake Hammer in 2v2 is about as likely as coordinating Din's Fire in teams.

Unless the other team has a blind eye to what the other team's doing, it's actually much harder to coordinate in practice than it is on paper.
quoting.

not only that, but the hammer isn't exactly a grab or a well-placed caping. it's slow as balls. if the fsmash is getting off, either the opposing team is doing something wrong, letting DDD believe he's useful (and then aerial comboing his partner to oblivion), or it's 2v1.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Wow!!! Lots of fuss about the quake hammer >.>

hmm...ooh what's this shiny thing on my controller?

Oh wait it's the jump button :V

At alphatron: it'll be in the next one.

The next one is the one supposed to have ledge changes, no auto jabbing, some physics stuff, etc.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Ah, was just wondering as I haven't played the set but recall that it was being discussed.

Edit: *Tries to grab Dedede while he charges his fsmash*

*Accidentally uses uses PK Fire instead*

Man, even with a crap grab input I can't even screw up in a way that let's him hit me.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
oh snap!

and on the site someone said that charizard had grab releases. >.>

look into it, please? I can't right now cuz I'm watching Austin Powers. :p

Revven

FrankerZ
It doesn't make any sense because Charizard never had grab release combos (except probably on Wario and Ness) and Magus did everything right for that stuff.

So it's plain wrong.

shanus

Smash Hero
As a side note, when yoshi DR's he floats across the ground indefinitely in his Normal Fall state.

With super armour

also he can float over the air from the gruond
I've been trying to cook up a good fix for it.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
*Complaint*
Yes, I hate to complaiin, but this is something that you guys should know. Neither Ness' nor Yoshi's DJC works with Nair.

Yep that is it. An otherwise perfect set, lol.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
yes they do. Just delay your input by, what, 3 frames?

and the input doesn't care what aerials you do. It just cares if you're holding the button or not.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Hmm, really? Well I'll have to try them again. Sorry to complain, lol. its just that I was able to get every other arial working, quite easily, except Nair, which never worked.

Well thanks for the help, guys.

jalued

Smash Lord
so im just curoius as to what major gameplay changes will be in store for the next set? My friend recently played brawl plus and was still complaining that the hitstun is far too big. So will there be:

lower hitstun?
higher Upgrav?
smaller sweetspots on edges?
no autosweetspot on impact?
no autojabs?
anything else?

im loving that character changes in this 5.0 set btw guys, all the characters are great...now just to change the difficulty and gameplay lol

atm its going: melee>brawl+>>> vbrawl

hoping it'll soon become brawl+>melee>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>vbrawl

timothyung

Smash Ace
so im just curoius as to what major gameplay changes will be in store for the next set? My friend recently played brawl plus and was still complaining that the hitstun is far too big. So will there be:

lower hitstun?
higher Upgrav?
smaller sweetspots on edges?
no autosweetspot on impact?
no autojabs?
anything else?

im loving that character changes in this 5.0 set btw guys, all the characters are great...now just to change the difficulty and physics of the game lol
All those changes you mentioned will likely be implemented.

Revven

FrankerZ
You guys should just play the set and not worry about another one this soon. It'll be months and months of testing and retesting to decide what needs to be done to the game in the way of gameplay.

So just play this and enjoy it. Develop a meta game around what's currently here, act as if there won't be any changes ever again. Just play! :)

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
I think Puff's Rest hitlag is too high. I understand the dramatic effect thing, but it's a little much.

Is Falcon's Knee supposed to have so little effect at low percents? Until about 10%, a Knee will barely make your opponent move. Without DI. I did notice a BKB reduction in the changelist, but I didn't think it would so noticeable.

Though I don't like the slowness caused by more hitlag on some moves (Falcon f-smash, MK's lots of stuff), I understand it's for SDI/DI reasons, so I'm fine with those.

Overall, the build is really polished. I especially like Falco's SHL. It feels natural. Nice job!

jalued

Smash Lord
You guys should just play the set and not worry about another one this soon. It'll be months and months of testing and retesting to decide what needs to be done to the game in the way of gameplay.

So just play this and enjoy it. Develop a meta game around what's currently here, act as if there won't be any changes ever again. Just play! :)
yeah i understand that, but its kinda like this:

melee's combo system worked because the AD was so unbelievably bad lol

brawl+'s combo system is just not as fun as melees due to higher histun (hence far too many easy combos) which is due to insanely good AD. This for me and mates is taking the fun out of brawl+, and we always tend to go straight back to melee after like 30min. I understand that you guys know this and its being addressed, but until it does i feel alot of people wont play or enhance the metagame of brawl+. I eagerly await the next version :D (but wont be an "are we there yet?????" person :p)

best of luck with this entire project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom