• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Don't anyone dare put a flower on Zelda's Jab. >_>; If I wanted flowers or cute heart things or cute little vegetables with faces on them, I'd play Peach thanks.

No flower.

. . .

NO FLOWER. >: (

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I haven't gotten any freezes with the new set, and I've played it quite a bit, even ran a tourney with it. I have a ton of texture/stage hacks and music hacks.

What's weird: Sage has been having the freezing problems with the latest set, and the problems where 75m comes up on random. He has no texture or music hacks. I loaded up the latest nightly from my SD card on his Wii, and he was having the same problems. The problems which I haven't had at all on my (extensively texture/music-hacked) Wii.

w ... t ... f ?
I don't have freezing problems, I just was too lazy to fix my CSS thing which was already solved for me in this thread. I'm just too lazy to fix it.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
CSS freezes? Are you guys selecting random? Anything else you may be doing?

I've gotten no freezes aside from the game freezing when using Capt. Falcon's final smash. Maybe reset your CSS?

And Zelda's throws are being revamped? Awesome.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I dont do any form of CSS hacking. I only use the build from 7.21 with a small edit for Mario's utilt that I'm personally testing. I also got it during 7-20.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I don't think her throws will be buffed Philly. Just changed to be a bit more useful. uthrow to uair on fast fallers is about all her throws are good for.

...>_>

Let's just see how her throws change first.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Umm I'd leave zelda's throws alone. (I main sheik and Zelda so yea) She's good enough thanks. As long as her throws put some distance between her and whoever got thrown (which it does already) its okay. She doesnt need throw setups.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Well I was just taking a guess. Not sure how her throws will be revamped but I'm willing to at least see how they turn out. I'm alright with her throws at the moment, but still.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
K. So u-throw u-air KO on 80% of the cast at 60 damage should be left as is then? If you insist.

They're more of an overall nerf if you ask me.
fox has dair-utilt/usmash. <-- was left in
There are a couple more guaranteed combos too.
Dk cargo throw-uair <--- was left in

So yea.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Hey guys, you know the Lucas pk fire buff that was removed?

It was never removed. In fact, it was made even better.

1A000113 3FB33333

That line speeds up the side b by 40%. Originally, there was another line that set it back to x1 speed, but only that line was removed.

Magus on the chat told me this. Funny thing is most people seemed to have missed it, me included. XD

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Tell me if any of those things are guaranteed death at 60.
This would be an overall nerf to Zelda's throw rage, you crybabies.
And your okay with that? (The throw range nerf I mean.)
Wow you really are a tough one. :confused:
Sure it may be cheap, but you aren't even arguing for an alt.

Respect points +10

Also @ PKF.

Yeah.
I actually really like it. I don't really see a reason to nerfing it.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Actually JSauce, I believe that voting yes for Meta Knight is what would truly cause the vbrawl tourney scene to go haywire. He once held over 50% of the tourney scene, no? All those MK mains would rage too much to switch characters.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion

Alphatron

Smash Champion
IDC is caused by brawl's failure to recognize when a character has touched the ground even though that character may still be in the air. And of course Meta Knight's action as he does his Upsmash.

Seeing as how this also attributes to ISJ, Arrow cancelling, Sheik's chain jacket, etc., can you guys properly get rid of MK's trick without getting rid of all the other stuff?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Hey guys go vote on whether MK should be banned in vBrawl: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242903

I voted no because I'm a douche and want to see Brawl fail.
IDC is caused by brawl's failure to recognize when a character has touched the ground even though that character may still be in the air. And of course Meta Knight's action as he does his Upsmash.

Seeing as how this also attributes to ISJ, Arrow cancelling, Sheik's chain jacket, etc., can you guys properly get rid of MK's trick without getting rid of all the other stuff?
Hey guys go vote on whether MK should be banned in vBrawl: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242903

IDC is caused by brawl's failure to recognize when
Brawl fail.
brawl's failure
yup......It must be official. (I already voted.)

============================================
On to other matters

As for the Samus grab thing, I don't get it necessarily, you complain about not being able to grab in the air but so what. You GET an extra attack most characters don't have called a ZAIR. and its GOOD MOVE.

There is both a pro and con side to having a tether grab such as Link/Tink/Samus (Lucas is the exception cause he has no hitbox)

Cons

is that you can't grab in the air.
Your grabs are laggy.

Pros

More grab range
You GET an extra attack that is great for spacing AND setups
You can use this attack OUT OF AIRDODGE. (How defensively AWESOME is that)

I have a feeling there is a MAJOR lack of knowledge by people on how to use there grabs and zair efficiently which is why you harp on the negatives and overlook the benefits. I admit I may be slightly biased though as I have mained Zair since the day brawl came out. Its a good move for all 3 characters and it balances them out with there poor grab. Don't overlook their strategies.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord

Perhaps you should summon the unspeakable. BRING IN THE POWER OF 4CHAN!

Also GoG, i dont see the shoutout anywhere.

On topic: An automatic kill from one throw at 60% against 80% of the cast is highly gay. Don't tell me i have to start pretending she's the new ice climbers once i get to a higher percent. Though i doubt this effects Kirby since he's light and floaty. He probably falls under that 20% category but still. Can you make it not guaranteed till 100?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
what? the css has been here for as long as i can remember and it's always been fine. do you mean the sss? the sss isn't that great anyway, i love the css though so please keep it

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
i hope that the mario walking glitch is fixed soon. I would really like to use a near finished version of 4.2 in my tourney on August 15th rather than use 4.1 because there have been so many beastly changes. if Mario gets fixed before then i can run the tourney on 4.2 rather than 4.1

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Because my freezes were all when I hit A when going into Normal Brawl/Brawl Wifi and when I pressed start from the Results menu.

I dont use characters to Zair so that didnt happen to me. But there is something wrong with the CSS too.

D

Deleted member

i got a freeze when i backed out of the main menu and then went to the css

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom