• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
i hope that the mario walking glitch is fixed soon. I would really like to use a near finished version of 4.2 in my tourney on August 15th rather than use 4.1 because there have been so many beastly changes. if Mario gets fixed before then i can run the tourney on 4.2 rather than 4.1
Idle animations bugs are not exlusive to mario and happen super infrequently.

CSS is known to have a loading bug.

TL hookshot is not known to have a crash associated with it.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman

It seems to happen to Charizard frequently for me.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's just the frame speed modifier, just reboot the Wii if it bothers you so much. We would love to fix it, honest to God, but we can't right now unless you want a bunch of stuff removed from the frame speed modifier...

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
So what about samus's zair? The game froxe 6 times from that one move.
You might just have to wait till they are able to free up some space in the frame speed mod or acquire some more space to use. The freezes from that are probably because we are pushing the limit with it.

Revven

FrankerZ
Don't really know, first we've heard of it, probably like cAm8ooo said, probably pushing the Wii's processing limits.

As for the CSS issues, if you press buttons too fast to exit/go back into the CSS (from victory screen, from CSS, or to the CSS) the game will freeze. Just take your time instead of spasming to get to the CSS. I never get a freeze because I'm not a wild animal when I finish a match and press A rapidly or press B rapidly to exit the CSS.

Nobody really knows if it can be fixed. It probably can, given PK or Almas would have the time to look at the code. Maybe you could even get PW to look at it if you want it fixed so badly (since he's back now). But, even so, that's what happens and there's your solution.

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
i hope that the mario walking glitch is fixed soon. I would really like to use a near finished version of 4.2 in my tourney on August 15th rather than use 4.1 because there have been so many beastly changes. if Mario gets fixed before then i can run the tourney on 4.2 rather than 4.1

It's just the frame speed modifier, just reboot the Wii if it bothers you so much. We would love to fix it, honest to God, but we can't right now unless you want a bunch of stuff removed from the frame speed modifier...

He wasn't referring to the idle animation bug. He was talking about how Mario is an unplayable character for tournaments due to his inability to walk. To our knowledge he's the only one that is functionally affected, as the other characters with frozen animations still work completely fine.

Restarting the Wii also has no effect on the bug. It happens 100% of the time, every time we turn on our Wii.

Revven

FrankerZ
Restarting the Wii also has no effect on the bug. It happens 100% of the time, every time we turn on our Wii.
Doesn't happen to me at all. :dizzy:

Like, I know what the bug is, and I know it exists, but I haven't personally experienced it with Mario. The only time I experienced it was with Wolf and that was awhile ago.

timothyung

Smash Ace
But that bug only happened on me once, and restarting the Wii fixes it. I don't know how the data works, but with the new engine the bug should be fixed. I think it might have something to do with the save data.

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
Do not report bugs if you are not using a controlled environment. Remove all textures, music, and stage hacks, then report any bugs. This is the reason some people have issues and others don't.

Revven

FrankerZ
Do not report bugs if you are not using a controlled environment. Remove all textures, music, and stage hacks, then report any bugs. This is the reason some people have issues and others don't.
But I have textures, I have stage textures, and I have music (Flash Drive though, not SD Card method) and I still don't get the bug. I know it exists, I guess I just must not be playing Mario enough? I had SHeLL over a week ago and he played Mario for several matches, no bug at all. :dizzy:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i have texture, music, AND stage hacks on at all times (even in vBrawl) and I never see any sorts of bugs

idk what the hell you guys are doing to cause them

edit: falco ninja'd me :urg:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
SD card loader here. No bugs aside from freezing when using Cpt. Falcon's FS.

By the way, Big Blue can't be salvaged by slowing it down. The road a isn't the only problem.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
SD card loader here. No bugs aside from freezing when using Cpt. Falcon's FS.

By the way, Big Blue can't be salvaged by slowing it down. The road a isn't the only problem.
Yeah, slowing it can only do so much...I've played on it a lot and it's an incredibly campy stage when you let it be...not to mention a missed tech still means death.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Yeah, slowing it can only do so much...I've played on it a lot and it's an incredibly campy stage when you let it be...not to mention a missed tech still means death.
Don't miss techs :V

The stage isn't a perfect counterpick and there are some problems with the stage but slowed down it is viable.
It turns it into a stage that the TO can actually consider to put on the counterpick list rather than something to skip over.

If it had to be grouped into a stage category it would go under counterpick/banned depending on how conservative the TO is. I see no problem with that.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Make sure its not a character specific thing but a moveset thing.....

That means go test Link's and Lucas's Zair

If you could fight the entire stage of the Blue ship, you'd be set.

honestly the cars themselves are a problem. The terrain they lay out to fight on hurts competitive play.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Actually, the biggest problem with big blue imo is that it's using some kind of force that keeps you level on the stage when it's in normal motion. Slowing it down doesn't change how this force acts, though, so you actually end up getting very slightly pushed while you're in the air. A similar problem exists on corneria, so I think this would happen on any moving stage you tried to slow down.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
My problems with the stage have been stated above. It is also pretty dang big. But if you think the stage is viable I'd like to hear why.

Also, after saving an online replay I got my first freeze ever from scrolling the replays screen. We keeping this SSS? At the cost of no replays?

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I dont think big blue will ever be viable without completely re-working the stage.
Now port town aero, That has potential.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
my wii has yet to freeze on replays. are you guys looking at them off of your SD card? because the ones on my wii never freeze when i look through them.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm watching them off of the wii. After saving that last replay, it freezes whenever I try to scroll at all.

Also, I know items are lol but am I the only one experiencing freezing after using Cpt. Falcon's FS? The hitbox on the car is also monstrous.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
My problems with the stage have been stated above. It is also pretty dang big. But if you think the stage is viable I'd like to hear why.

Also, after saving an online replay I got my first freeze ever from scrolling the replays screen. We keeping this SSS? At the cost of no replays?

You'd have to reload the old codeset if you wanted to view them anyways...now you just have to move them over to your computer, and back when you want to view them.

timothyung

Smash Ace
The best solution is to make the SSS code only active when you're in the SSS screen. Or just deactive it when in the replay screen.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
My god at all the freezing issues popping up. I play + with my buddies fairly often now and we don't run into any of this. Mario's never caused any freezing, Samus and Link have never caused freezing, the CSS has never caused freezing... Replays though, I'll admit I'm playing it safe and have deleted them/stopped keeping any since I first heard of the SSS screwing them up. Makes me wonder why some seem plagued with freezes and others aren't...

Anyhoo, I realize this probably isn't the place to say it and I've probably said it before, but I have to again: Thank you guys so **** much. SO. ****. MUCH. Brawl+ is a godsend and deserves nothing less than a bright future. Too good!

One thing I was wondering about though, concerning the new engine. Once it's finally up and running is there a realistic chance that you guys would ever hit or come close to hitting whatever the new limit on codes would be, and would thus need a new engine again? Or is there just insanely little chance of that happening and you'd be free to do pretty much whatever you wished all the way up to and past Brawl+ going gold?

shanus

Smash Hero
My god at all the freezing issues popping up. I play + with my buddies fairly often now and we don't run into any of this. Mario's never caused any freezing, Samus and Link have never caused freezing, the CSS has never caused freezing... Replays though, I'll admit I'm playing it safe and have deleted them/stopped keeping any since I first heard of the SSS screwing them up. Makes me wonder why some seem plagued with freezes and others aren't...

Anyhoo, I realize this probably isn't the place to say it and I've probably said it before, but I have to again: Thank you guys so **** much. SO. ****. MUCH. Brawl+ is a godsend and deserves nothing less than a bright future. Too good!

One thing I was wondering about though, concerning the new engine. Once it's finally up and running is there a realistic chance that you guys would ever hit or come close to hitting whatever the new limit on codes would be, and would thus need a new engine again? Or is there just insanely little chance of that happening and you'd be free to do pretty much whatever you wished all the way up to and past Brawl+ going gold?
The new engines would have no feasible limit as it works on a per character basis of loading instead of cycling through all of the changes regardless of character.

Basically imagine that each character would get the current limit we have now for the entire cast. (this is a bit of a stretch, but a good analogy).

With PZ and the new engines, it might even be more.

timothyung

Smash Ace
The new engines would have no feasible limit as it works on a per character basis of loading instead of cycling through all of the changes regardless of character.

Basically imagine that each character would get the current limit we have now for the entire cast. (this is a bit of a stretch, but a good analogy).

With PZ and the new engines, it might even be more.
Should be about 1/4 of the total limit, to make sure that doubles works. Though I don't think we won't easily reach the limit. And with PSA, we can likely make as many speed and hitbox changes as we like.

shanus

Smash Hero
Should be about 1/4 of the total limit, to make sure that doubles works. Though I don't think we won't easily reach the limit. And with PSA, we can likely make as many speed and hitbox changes as we like.
No, because if you imagine, our total current limit works till up to 4 members of the cast :p

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT CRASHES!!!! GOD YOU GUYS YOU PROBABLY JUST ****ED UP ON SOMETHING

/rant

It's probably music hacks, which always made my game freeze up after a match or leaving training mode. Which is why I removed them so I didn't have to complain here :D

ace_brawler2

Smash Cadet
^plus 1 post count much?

Also, (noob question) are you supposed to make the 7/21 gct overwrite the old gct? If so does it carry the newer way of texture hacking(no disk)?

I just got this today and I am extremely confused about everything.

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
^plus 1 post count much?

Also, (noob question) are you supposed to make the 7/21 gct overwrite the old gct? If so does it carry the newer way of texture hacking(no disk)?

I just got this today and I am extremely confused about everything.
yes, you make the 7/21 overwrite the old gct. and yes, contains the new way to texture hack. i think the new way's been around since like the beginning of this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom