• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
I've included a new installer/autoupdater.

http://www.brawlplus.net/downloads/updater.exe

The old, buggy Windows installer is not needed anymore.

This program can be run whether or not you've had Brawl+ on your SD before.
Got much farther this time, but failed at FitPeach.pac
Honestly all I need to know is whether I have to replace gameconfig.txt with Plusery_Beta5_0.txt or something else.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I know the server might be a little unstable with everyone downloading a new one, but I think you might have to run again.

v3.1 should have MD5 checks so it won't be as much of a hassle on GHNeko's server if it fails.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I dont think it'd be that much of a problem. lol 250GB bandwidth a month.

EDIT:

Monthly Bandwidth Transfer
21764.85/250000 MB

This is how much we've used so far. We're straight.

iLink

Smash Champion
Just to make sure, not every character has a .pac file right?

I don't recall seeing one for DDD or any of the pokemon trainer guys.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Got much farther this time, but failed at FitPeach.pac
Honestly all I need to know is whether I have to replace gameconfig.txt with Plusery_Beta5_0.txt or something else.
happend with me...the peach thing
you gotta put in a folder in pf/fighter for everyone : P
then run it

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I keep trying and it's not working..

Does this build work with the snapshot method? I think it does because I think I feel the difference in traction when I use falcon. Jc shines, however, are not working.
it is you're timing it wrong. I remember vanz doing it pretty easily in a test build.

Engo

Smash Ace
I've been trying for about half an hour., if it was my timing I think would've got at LEAST once. I'm a melee player and I know the timing in melee, is it faster or slower than b+?

What files are needed for it, maybe I'm missing something.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Been a while since I last posted here.

Just tried the latest build. Had some problems setting it up, but I'm good now. A few impressions:

Fox is just TOO GOOD! I don't mean that as in "nerf the hell out of him please" or anything. Simply put, his JC Shine is awesome, and I'll likely pick him up as one of my characters now just because of it. I found him boring and formulaic before, but the JC Shine really opens up new options and actually makes him an exciting character to play. Kudos to those who made it happen.

Also, about time Falcon had extra traction. He still slides a bit, but it's more manageable now. A good change to be sure.

Marth's new physics are pretty good, though I still argue they could be better. But that's just me. I definitely do like his new fair sweetspot, though. Still, I think you should reconsider looking at his dair. I still have a tough time connecting the spike...

I don't play Jiggz, but the extra aerial mobility really works for her. Another awesome change! I'm sure my friends who play her will be pleased.

All in all, a promising update. Still waiting on the individual hitstun and Up B gravity codes, though, but I'm sure they'll come around eventually.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Been a while since I last posted here.

Just tried the latest build. Had some problems setting it up, but I'm good now. A few impressions:

Fox is just TOO GOOD! I don't mean that as in "nerf the hell out of him please" or anything. Simply put, his JC Shine is awesome, and I'll likely pick him up as one of my characters now just because of it. I found him boring and formulaic before, but the JC Shine really opens up new options and actually makes him an exciting character to play. Kudos to those who made it happen.

Also, about time Falcon had extra traction. He still slides a bit, but it's more manageable now. A good change to be sure.

Marth's new physics are pretty good, though I still argue they could be better. But that's just me. I definitely do like his new fair sweetspot, though. Still, I think you should reconsider looking at his dair. I still have a tough time connecting the spike...

I don't play Jiggz, but the extra aerial mobility really works for her. Another awesome change! I'm sure my friends who play her will be pleased.

All in all, a promising update. Still waiting on the individual hitstun and Up B gravity codes, though, but I'm sure they'll come around eventually.
We should be able to do Up B Gravity in another way. Increase or decrease the vertical momentum gained from the move with PSA. Yeah, so it's very likely that it can be done

Sanu

Smash Champion
Unless Delorted1 gets back to me (he lives like 2 minutes from my place), I wanna play some people online in like two hours. You game Neko? ;P

Alphatron

Smash Champion
lol online? I'd actually play some of you guys if you were up for it. I'm scrub though.

Also would it be possible to skip the auto updater and just release a pf folder in a zip file that contains the indiviual pac files in their respective directories?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
lol online? I'd actually play some of you guys if you were up for it. I'm scrub though.

Also would it be possible to skip the auto updater and just release a pf folder in a zip file that contains the indiviual pac files in their respective directories?
Yes, go down a few lines and you should see "Direct link to PAC files" or something like that

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Uh...Something small, but I think really should be necessary for future builds, just because not having it is stupid. You should put in the code so the cursor doesn't go back to Samus after playing a match as ZSS. It's really annoying, and I can add it in on my own (which I do), but it should be in anyway so that the CSS is more professional.

After some initial playtesting...Ganon <3. SH Bair and Uair (especially Uair) to double jump is just sexy. I also really like the Utilt cancel, though I'm not sure for how long it'll be useful, as people are getting tricked into trying to punish it on reaction. Having an inward wind hitbox on demand is really cool, though. Love Utilt Cancel > Grab, Jab, Dtilt, or AC Dair.

Sheik is weird...I feel like we've been given a tool that doesn't fit in with anything else Sheik has...I've never really juggled with Sheik, and I feel like it's not suited to her character. But....This is just the way I feel after a few games. I'll try her out some more and see if I end up liking it better.

Engo

Smash Ace
I replaced my pac files and it's working now. The timing isn't hard at all...lol.

I was using the files from the "Direct Link to Pac files" Link on B+.net and it wasn't working. It didn't work until I replaced them with the Windows installer.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Uh...Something small, but I think really should be necessary for future builds, just because not having it is stupid. You should put in the code so the cursor doesn't go back to Samus after playing a match as ZSS. It's really annoying, and I can add it in on my own (which I do), but it should be in anyway so that the CSS is more professional.

After some initial playtesting...Ganon <3. SH Bair and Uair (especially Uair) to double jump is just sexy. I also really like the Utilt cancel, though I'm not sure for how long it'll be useful, as people are getting tricked into trying to punish it on reaction. Having an inward wind hitbox on demand is really cool, though. Love Utilt Cancel > Grab, Jab, Dtilt, or AC Dair.

Sheik is weird...I feel like we've been given a tool that doesn't fit in with anything else Sheik has...I've never really juggled with Sheik, and I feel like it's not suited to her character. But....This is just the way I feel after a few games. I'll try her out some more and see if I end up liking it better.
Her fair is the weirdest thing to get over for me. Im just used to it coming out faster, now that the speed up is gone...it feels...weird. Plus I never use uair other than a poke so it doesnt really bother me too much.

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
the sheik change is just in there for testing purposes. it is gonna be reverted more likely than not

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Her fair is the weirdest thing to get over for me. Im just used to it coming out faster, now that the speed up is gone...it feels...weird. Plus I never use uair other than a poke so it doesnt really bother me too much.
Agreed. But I feel that I may be biased about the Fair because I am, after all, a Sheik player. I wanted to stay out of the whole 'Fair is too good' debate, though, and instead comment upon why her Uair was given the buff as opposed to a move that would be in keeping with her horizontally focused combos and playstyle.

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
^lol

hope u gonna put up an updated version of this nightly with the old fair, cause u cant practise now with sheik since this change is game breaking for her

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Holy was talking about how Ganon's Dthrow chaingrabs and leads to a fair at any %, so you might want to check that out.

Also you never nerfed Jiggs Fthrow.

I really wish you would have included a Lucas Zair in this build just so it could be tested out.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Early impressions, beware!

Aww, Nair lost both the gimp and the penetration/range. :^( What does the Utilt change do?

Jab feels similar but looks different - was it worsened or buffed?

As much fun as Utilt is and sucking someone into a jab, I don't particularly care for it. It feels like a glitch. You can interrupt the Utilt as fast as you can throw out a jab, so always throwing it out when an opponent is approaching feels spammy. FYI, the IASA can be interrupted with ANY action (even moving), unlike normal IASA which is more specific to attacks/shield/dodge.
Jab is more or less the same -- the previous version had the hitbox out on frame 3 only, and was IASA frame 23. This current one mainly looks less mechanical, but also has a hitbox duration from during frames 3-5, and is IASA on 22. Minor polishing, same function.

As for the U-tilt, it's just a wild experiment. Someone suggested it a while back and most people thought it was a cool idea that would lead to some interesting uses without radically changing the move.

Right now it's IASA on frame 30, meaning you have to commit yourself to 30 frames of standing there vulnerable. As for looks, it is unfortunately the nature of IASA frames to look glitchy -- you're cutting out the transition to another move, and this is a large transition. I don't know how to make it look better, but I'm open to suggestions.

Also, while we can limit IASA to certain attacks, it was my understanding that most IASA can be canceled by moving. If you think it'll make the move act better / look more natural feel free to suggest a list of moves you think it should cancel into, though.

As for throwing it out when an opponent is approaching and feeling "spammy" -- first, how often do people approach Ganondorf...? Anyways, in the event they do, how often will they actually fall for U-tilt Vacuum -> jab? To a certain extent, it's like the absurd beautiful IASA frames on the U-smash, especially in Melee -- on un-experienced foes you could let off an U-smash and then punish with a jab if they tried to run in and punish the lag. Sure it was cool, but it only works once or twice before people get wise.

Bottom line is that, sure, you can try to spam it, but I suspect it's not going to get you very far and you'd do better to focus on your full move-set.

jalued

Smash Lord
i would comment on the changes, but my cstick ahs decided to die at the worst possible time, so i really cant say.

would prefere if sheiks fair speed was back, it is a bit wierd as it mucks up my timing. i dont have a problem with a slight KBG nerf, but i dont think this is the right way to go. she is prob not top 5 anyway, so why not just leave her?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
NICE BUILD.

To bad about PACs Have to go through each one seperatly and implement them.....to keep textures

Edit Nevermind:

This never would of worked without the new installer. NICE WORK

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Then shouldn't this be considered an official build?

Not really. Nightly builds have been coming out less and less often as time goes on.
I'd rather the next nightly be released monthly because then people who cry about stupid **** can actually figure out how to get around it or its not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom