• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Shanus, can you make it so you can JC grab with other buttons? For example, I use x to grab; z is set to attack for easier DACUS.

no its not crazy. It works fine for me lolz. And that problem goes in the brawlplus.net topic, not here.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Kupo, don't take this the wrong way, because I honestly don't know the answer... and I'm too lazy to search for what you said, hahah. What's wrong with Brawl's air-dodge and how do you want to fix it?
Sure thing.
I agree. Although I think that a longer AD that has IASA with everything but a second AD would be a cool way to deal with it.
This is a great idea. Here is what I think should be your starting trial version of a cleaner AD system:

-Remove the frame changes making all ADes back to default
-Give IASA for all moves except another AD (This is what melee did to spot dodges and is what leaf just suggested)
-Make DGRAV much less to minimize the downward travel to approx Melee length
-Loss of FF momentum
-Still unlimited numb of ADes

crazy brawler

Smash Cadet
Shanus, can you make it so you can JC grab with other buttons? For example, I use x to grab; z is set to attack for easier DACUS.

no its not crazy. It works fine for me lolz. And that problem goes in the brawlplus.net topic, not here.
say anything you want but the site is down and i can't get in

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Magus and I were discussing this a while ago, and I think hitlag needs a 1 or 2 frame increase, mainly because most multihit moves only have 1 frame of hitlag, and thus makes SDI'ing impossible or near impossible.

Ness's fair, for example, cannot be SDI'ed, at least I haven't been able to do it at 1/4 speed in training mode.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Hey, would you guys mind if later today I made a guide on making your own gct? I can do it, but the code manager I use is on the homebrew channel. So I can do this. Are you guys okay with it?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Um guys about theswimming discussion I'd like to put my 2 cents here.

Again, aside from Jungle Japes, I don't think the water mechanics should be changed. Pirate ship is a banned level that is a level most people play for fun from time to time.

Isle Delfino barely has any water area's, only having 2 I believe.
Removing the swimming mechanics serves little point here. The area's with the multiple holes is a key point here. Falling down there means certain death with no swimming. (To easy to hole guard them)
Swimming makes it so your not completely gayed over here.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Um guys about theswimming discussion I'd like to put my 2 cents here.

Again, aside from Jungle Japes, I don't think the water mechanics should be changed. Pirate ship is a banned level that is a level most people play for fun from time to time.
So don't improve this stage because people want some good casual fun? This stage has ledges also so it can't "screw up" tethers and is the perfect stage to be Ground 0.

Removing the swimming mechanics serves little point here. The area's with the multiple holes is a key point here. Falling down there means certain death with no swimming. (To easy to hole guard them)
Swimming makes it so your not completely gayed over here.
So is that why Pokemon Stadium in 64 was banned, for those reasons?...oh wait it was counterpick in a game with much less defensive options! >_<
Inside the holes have two ledges on either side AND you can backwards grab so its impossible to get ledge hogged. If you get hit while trying to recover, you can easily walltech jump.

So no, I don't believe the holes means certain death at all unless one really sucks. Are you that stiff that you won't even give it a try? People need to be more open minded to try things. Yesh!

PKNintendo

Smash Master
So don't improve this stage because people want some good casual fun? This stage has ledges also so it can't "screw up" tethers and is the perfect stage to be Ground 0.
I didn't know you were going to make it a legal stage. Suhweet!

So is that why Pokemon Stadium in 64 was banned, for those reasons?...oh wait it was counterpick in a game with much less defensive options! >_<
Inside the holes have two ledges on either side AND you can backwards grab so its impossible to get ledge hogged. If you get hit while trying to recover, you can easily walltech jump.

So no, I don't believe the holes means certain death at all. Are you that stiff that you won't even give it a try? People need to be more open minded to try things. Yesh!
Meh, you have point. It just feels weird that were completely removing a mechanic.
(I really hope that Pirate Ship becomes legal)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
FYI, 4 of the 8 stop areas have a place with swim-able water.

Also, I really like the decrease dgrav with increase ugrav idea, but if this happens, something needs to be done with Pirate Ship's water, since it's not transparent. Unfortunately, making it transparent (if at all possible) would make it look not like itself, anymore. :ohwell:

And the DJC is sweet! It actually feels like how it did in Melee.

A guide to make your own .gct, eh? Personally, I think it's best not to. It's not that hard to make your own .gct, so it's best that those that can't figure it on their own to not be fiddling with the B+ files that they are using. :p

Magus420

Smash Master
Magus and I were discussing this a while ago, and I think hitlag needs a 1 or 2 frame increase, mainly because most multihit moves only have 1 frame of hitlag, and thus makes SDI'ing impossible or near impossible.

Ness's fair, for example, cannot be SDI'ed, at least I haven't been able to do it at 1/4 speed in training mode.
It's mostly an issue with hitlag multipliers lower than 1.00x. The hitlag formula I came up with that matches the large amount of data I have could be either:

Hitlag = floor{[(D*0.385+5)*M*E]}*X
or
Hitlag = floor{[(D*0.390+5)*M*E]}*X
D - Damage
M - Hitlag multiplier stat of hitboxes
E - Electric hitlag multiplier if electric element
X - Brawl+'s hitlag code multiplier

Notice how the hitlag code is applied after the floor(). This has a much more significant effect on low hitlag attacks. If the resulting hitlag is less than 2 it is no longer SDIable as there isn't a window to do so. A lot of electric multihit attacks have multipliers of <1.00x, which I would assume is to balance out some with the electric hitlag multiplier. However, since the electric hitlag multiplier was changed from 1.50x to 1.00x a lot of these hits end up with hitlag below 2 when combined with the effects of the hitlag code multiplier of 0.60x.

Expect a large overhaul of hitlag/SDI on attacks in the next release =D

kupo15

Smash Hero
...Pokemon Stadium was in 64?
Saffron City. Wrong name. Sorry

Meh, you have point. It just feels weird that were completely removing a mechanic.
(I really hope that Pirate Ship becomes legal)
It may end up being that Japes and Pirate will have the new water mechanic and Delfino will keep the old one. No one will know unless its given a chance. The key point is to try it out on all the water stages so we can really know how effective it is and which stages it works the best on. Everyone just needs to keep an open mind.

FYI, 4 of the 8 stop areas have a place with swim-able water.

Also, I really like the decrease dgrav with increase ugrav idea, but if this happens, something needs to be done with Pirate Ship's water, since it's not transparent. Unfortunately, making it transparent (if at all possible) would make it look not like itself, anymore. :ohwell:

Well, the code Spunit has already to remove the water already makes it transparent. Turn Pirate ship into an AIR SHIP!!! (Mario Bros 3 :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blGojEsMWr0

EDIT: ^^That looks like he completely removed it so maybe that code needs to be reworked to keep the visual there and the collision stuff there as well.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Saffron City. Wrong name. Sorry

It may end up being that Japes and Pirate will have the new water mechanic and Delfino will keep the old one. No one will know unless its given a chance. The key point is to try it out on all the water stages so we can really know how effective it is and which stages it works the best on. Everyone just needs to keep an open mind.
I'd totally be cool with that.
Japes and Pirate become better levels?

Count me in.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
lololol...and smk calls me a hitlag ****. Magus delivers once again.

And kupo, the place to start regarding airdodges would simply be implementing #2 on your list (and applying it to rolls/spotdodges into shielding). I just doubt that the other things are really necessary to fix the airdodge system, but then again, i could be completely wrong.

Also, would Lucas get djc as well? If holding/not holding the jump button gives you the option to djc, cant we just give it to everybody? (/sarc)

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Pirate Ship: Fix the water. Official stage texture that makes it look more like an airship in the sky. That would be pretty win.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Pirate Ship: Fix the water. Official stage texture that makes it look more like an airship in the sky. That would be pretty win.
yeah, that sounds pretty awesome.

then don't forget to freeze the stage cuz you know it wouldn't make any sense unfrozen.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Does anyone besides me think that this is a good idea? >.>
meh. wont stop people from asking how to do it. But if youve got the time and dont mind doing it, go ahead.

gogogo!

yeah, that sounds pretty awesome.

then don't forget to freeze the stage cuz you know it wouldn't make any sense unfrozen.
OH MAH GAWD A GIANT FLYING ROCK. In other news, would we call it "Pirate Airship"?

lord karn

Smash Master
I just went to a B+ tourney yesterday, and I really think that, at least for now, the ruleset should be 3-stock instead of 4-stock. Most of the matches actually took longer than an average brawl match takes. Now, I know that playing less campy is viable, and perhaps even preferable, but you have to realize that most of the people entering B+ are coming from brawl and don't really know what they are doing yet. As for now, B+ is gaining most of its following by being a side-tourney or run along with another event. It would be more feasible, I think, to lower the stock amount per match for now until B+ gains more recognition as game worthy of having its own tournies. The tourney I was at yesterday was way off schedule, and I think a lot of that was because a lot of B+ matches were lasting 5+ minutes.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Kupo, I like the ideas for ADing... I think it's at least worth a try.

SMB3 airship-esque Pirate Ship level would be amazing... as long as it's not completely frozen... it should be a counter-pick, not a neutral stage. Removing hazards would be fine though.

I like 4-stock personally.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
@karn:

That's saying it like if I switched to vBrawl, I would need more stock because matches were to fast/offensive.

Just because they were playing campy, it doesn't mean campy play is as strong as in vBrawl. People just need to step it up.

lord karn

Smash Master
I realize that campy play is not the best way to play in B+. I'm just saying that most of the people are going to play that way, and seeing as B+ is usually a side-tourney, it's best if it runs quickly for now. I know in NC we play all three games, and B+ is currently taking longer than the other events.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I will fix it to work by pressing up as well.
And I am grateful for your efforts in this man. Many thanks!

On another note, I think the Pirate Ship overhaul is a bit silly. I wouldn't mind if the water mechanics were changed and the ship hitbox was removed. But like Big Blue, the changes made may not make the stage viable.

I can see the rocks segment in DP screwing up Yoshi, Peach, etc. in recovery tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom