• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Wait, explode his own bombs on hit?

Like he can be holding a bump, jump, nair, and explode the bomb with his nair?
No. (Obviously, you haven't played enough of the other Smash games to know...) You throw the bomb upwards with Link, then use up-b to hit the bomb, and then DI the blow towards the stage (and repeat if necessary).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think the easier way to improve Link's horrible recovery would be to give him bomb jumping again.
That would just be a matter of allowing him to explode his own bombs on hit instead of coding a whole new thing (no matter how cool it would be).
This.

It's like, I never have to say anything when Plum is in here. He speaks my mind for me.

inb4melee2.0complainers

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
What? How is this melee 2.0?

And does anyone have a timeline on when the next nightly is out? I'm not begging for it, I'm just curious as to when we can expect it.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
This.

It's like, I never have to say anything when Plum is in here. He speaks my mind for me.

inb4melee2.0complainers
If Melee 2.0 comes up, we just bring up how B+ brings back elements from Melee and Smash 64. Oh hey, what's this? A variation of bomb jumping was in Smash 64 too! It would fit in perfectly in B+ because its an element in both past Smash games that Sakurai decided to leave out of Brawl!
And if you really want, we can even say bomb jumping is basically in Brawl too... its just that Snake stole it.

Rudra

Smash Ace
I like the idea of extra shield damage for Bowser's attacks. I bet that finding good shield damage values for each move as to not break him would delay the next nightly a little bit if its going in though. :/
Definately worth the wait imo

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
It scares me that so many non bowser mains "love" this shield stun idea for bowser.

Its like they are really saying, "Oh good, I'm going to support this, so he doesn't get anything that would make him a real threat because he can't approach me any way to hit my shield."

shanus

Smash Hero
As much as I wanted to get the official set out today, its going to have to wait till tomorrow.

We are waiting on a few pacs to be delivered by WBR members who are not prompt :p

The good news is that the set is fantastically awesome.

matt4300

Smash Ace
As much as I wanted to get the official set out today, its going to have to wait till tomorrow.

We are waiting on a few pacs to be delivered by WBR members who are not prompt :p

The good news is that the set is fantastically awesome.
Bowser shield damage?:urg:

oh.... and CANT ****ING WAIT.... HYPE!!!!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Thanks. Now I'll have to spend all day at school thinking about the new set. v_v

lolz jk.

So I assume that the bowser shield **** won't be in this set?

zxeon

Smash Lord
My head just exploded. Too much hype. Since it's confirmed it's gonna drop how about some deets? Give us a little something to tithe us over and take the hype to critical mass and to make sure SymphonicSage12 doesn't get anything done at school tomorrow.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'm glad school is just starting, and I don't have anything so important it requires my attention yet.

I'm not getting anything done with the new set on my mind... Thanks a **** load for all the effort you guys in the WBR put into this stuff. We all <3 you no matter what we say (nohomo)

Revven

FrankerZ
hmm, how long after the new official code set should i be expecting the PAL version?
Expect to wait awhile, actually, a long time because PK is just way too busy to port any more codes/fix already ported codes as well as change all the .PACs (of course, we could all probably port the changes to the .PACs anyway, it's mostly some codes that still need to be ported and/or fixed).

kupo15

Smash Hero
I just realized. Why dont we up the shield damage on Bowser's attacks? We can control how much damage a move does to a shield (ie Marth Shield Breaker)

So why not give added shield damage to more of bowser's common moves to make it so that constant shielding is not a good idea, so that with shield pressure, Bowser can slowly remove options. :V

Couple that in with good spacing and it might even help bowser out in more ways than once.
Speaking of shields, I think it might be a good idea to test out those shield codes globally. Faster shield loss and slower gain because I felt that shields are a little too resilient. Like a slightly change.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Please make the Bowser changes before the next release so that we don't have to wait several months. I would really really love to see IASA on Bowsers firebreath as soon as possible.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
If IASA is added to Bowser's Neutral-B, will it be from start to finish, or will it be certain frames (like a little after the flames come out)? I'd prefer the latter.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Shield pokes would be dumb as it would take longer for their shield to come back. V:

Effective shield pressure strats would be more effective if they regen slower and would require some retweaking on certain moves and characters.

Doval

Smash Lord
A global increase in shield damage probably wouldn't yield very favourable results unless it was very slight. Obviously no way to know without trying it, but I'd expect some multi-hit moves to start poking through shields too easily if paired off with slower shield recovery.

A decrease in shield recovery alone on the other hand seems far less problematic. Nothing would break, you'd just have to wait longer before it's "safe" to shield again. In the best case scenario it would allow for actual shield pressure strategies to be more rewarding/effect and more judicious shield usage. Worst case scenario people start rolling and sidestepping a lot more (but then again these are getting minor nerfs soon as well, aren't they?) In either case the potential change is mostly limited to the player's behaviour.

Doesn't seem like an outrageous proposition though. There could be merit to testing this out. Could give people a reason to try to Smash DI out of multi-hit attacks when shielding.

kupo15

Smash Hero
A global increase in shield damage probably wouldn't yield very favorable results unless it was very slight. Obviously no way to know without trying it, but I'd expect some multi-hit moves to start poking through shields all of a sudden.
Yea, I don't think more shield damage is a good idea
A decrease in shield recovery on the other hand seems far less problematic. In the best case scenario it would allow for actual shield pressure strategies and more judicious shield usage. Worst case scenario people start rolling and sidestepping a lot (but then again these are getting minor nerfs soon as well, aren't they?) In either case the potential change is mostly limited to the player's behavior.
yup
Doesn't seem like an outrageous proposition though. There could be merit to testing this out.
I think so. Don't forget that there also is the speed at which the shield gets smaller naturally without getting attacked. I think there is a code for this to try out also?

Didn't leaf say over 900 times that the shield regen and decay rate is the same as it was in melee?
If decay is the same, regen definitely isn't

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Id just like to say that there are some moves that really hurt shields as of now and are only balanced by the fact that they have a high cool down and don't completely break shield. An overall shield damage increase would make a lot of these moves seem crazy good as they would probably get shield breaks way more often weighing down the cool down.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Id just like to say that there are some moves that really hurt shields as of now and are only balanced by the fact that they have a high cool down and don't completely break shield. An overall shield damage increase would make a lot of these moves seem crazy good as they would probably get shield breaks way more often weighing down the cool down.
I don't know where people are getting this, "lets try increasing shield damage" because I never suggested that.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Never said you did kupo......

Infact, I think its a bad idea........Shield breaks should come from shield pressure, I don't want to see certain moves become NEAR insta-shield breaks because the are multi hit.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Never said you did kupo......

Infact, I think its a bad idea........Shield breaks should come from shield pressure, I don't want to see certain moves become NEAR insta-shield breaks because the are multi hit.
Ok, it just seemed as though people were rejecting more shield damage because I mentioned it. Don't touch shield damage at all globally. If you stick with the other two, decay and regen, then shield breaks would come from smart shield pressure + dumb shield camping
Hmmm, slower regen. How much slower, exactly?
Idunno. Try things out

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
id like to see a new sheild system implemented..if its possible could sheild pokes be removed and just added to the sheild damage? itd be cool to see sheild breaks every now and then..64<3(doesn't have to be like 64 with as much stun but I think you get the idea)

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
If shield pokes were removed you would see shield breaks every single match. Against any wall or multihit moves would **** you so bad. Or like pound spam, or shield breaker to dtilt spam, or nado spam, etc.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
If shield pokes were removed you would see shield breaks every single match. Against any wall or multihit moves would **** you so bad. Or like pound spam, or shield breaker to dtilt spam, or nado spam, etc.
I don't think there's enough sheild stun for those things..but multihit wall I could understand but couldn't you just remove the amount of sheild stun from multi-jabs so you could unblock it @ any moment? also no sheild pokes encourage defensive play but the risk to it is possible sheild breaking which I feel the current values regen/decay itd still take skill to break but I really feel this is something that'd take some real tweaking to actually find a way for it to be competitive. if I could code I would :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom