• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
lololol Shanus, you could do that before. Eugene always does it :p.
Tested via frame advance, fox would actually be in the air for perfect timed fox multishnes whereas now he does not leave the ground at all.

BEES

Smash Lord
yes, there are still several fixes that have to be finalized/figured out (like removing powershield buffering), but a new update is in progress.
Removing the dead frame and powershield buffering sounds great.

I'm very curious what else is in store.

GPDP

Smash Ace
You're gonna remove powershield buffering?

Awesome.

Oh, and the dead frame code... as soon as I saw it, I raced to my Wii to get the SD card out of it so I could add it immediately lol. And man, is it awesome. I can finally play Falcon and the spacies with 0 buffer. :D

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i dont know if we can ask questions here, i dont think so, but ill ask and hope i dont get in trouble :D

anyways, what is the "Snapshot" method of loading brawl+? im not familiar with it

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
i dont know if we can ask questions here, i dont think so, but ill ask and hope i dont get in trouble :D

anyways, what is the "Snapshot" method of loading brawl+? im not familiar with it
Loading the codes in a snapshot (.bin file, I believe). It's an older way to hack Brawl, and Gecko OS far surpasses that method now, so it has become obsolete. MK26 has a guide on here about it, if you want more info than that

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Loading the codes in a snapshot (.bin file, I believe). It's an older way to hack Brawl, and Gecko OS far surpasses that method now, so it has become obsolete. MK26 has a guide on here about it, if you want more info than that
is it like using the Stage Loader method?

GPDP

Smash Ace
It's not obsolete if you load Brawl through a USB Loader...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yes it is. You can load Brawl+ through a USB loader without using the snapshot method now.
Bull****.

Proof or it didn't happen.

And NeoGamma R8 RC1 has been incredibly buggy for many people. So no go.

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
Bull****.

Proof or it didn't happen.

And NeoGamma R8 RC1 has been incredibly buggy for many people. So no go.
Buggy? Just out of curiosity, but what are the major ones?
But yeah, that was what I was going to recommend, but I guess it doesn't work for everyone.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Buggy? Just out of curiosity, but what are the major ones?
But yeah, that was what I was going to recommend, but I guess it doesn't work for everyone.
Maybe I should rephrase that. XD

When it comes to loading more than 256 lines of code, it either doesn't work, or people get codes working but the game won't read their SD Cards, rendering File Replacement code useless along with Brawl+.

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I should rephrase that. XD

When ti comes to loading more than 256 lines of code, it either doesn't work, or people get codes working but the game won't read their SD Cards, rendering File Replacement code useless along with Brawl+.
I think [but I can't test it] that's because they need to configure Neogamma correctly, not because it doesn't work. I had the same problem with the File Replacement code, and I got it to work by changing my IOS to 36 [or whatever shows up on the bottom of Gecko when you use it] and by changing my hooktype to Joypad.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I think [but I can't test it] that's because they need to configure Neogamma correctly, not because it doesn't work. I had the same problem with the File Replacement code, and I got it to work by changing my IOS to 36 [or whatever shows up on the bottom of Gecko when you use it] and by changing my hooktype to Joypad.
I actually JUST read your post on that on that forum. XD

I'll test it out myself just to be sure. Just so I'm clear on this, I HAVE to have cIOS38 rev17 installed or it won't work right? Is there anything that might have already installed it? o.o

Nevermind that part. XD

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Not working for me. :ohwell:

(For some reason, I'm getting an "Exception (ISI) occurred!", and I'm running cIOS rev17)

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I never thought one little comment would get so much attention! :laugh: I knew he used an SD, that's why I said "obsolete". Anyways, I didn't mean for anyone to kill themselves trying to get NeoGamma to work XD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This is a ****ed up Loader, I swear. >_>

To hell with this, I'll stick with the snapshot method. XD

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
Not working for me. :ohwell:

(For some reason, I'm getting an "Exception (ISI) occurred!", and I'm running cIOS rev17)
Aw, I actually thought I stumbled on to something there.

I don't understand error messages, maybe trying different hooktypes might work? To be honest, my memory about that is a bit spotty.

Well, I guess there really are too many problems...

Edit: Ah, I checked and I'm using Joypad. I'm wrong abut that then.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
None of the hooktypes make the File Patch code work right. I've pretty much tried all of the options under IOS36 -- all of them have either been "no custom strap screen" or Exception ISI error =(

Dantarion had a theory that NeoGamma isn't deinitializing the SD card before it boots so Brawl can't open the SD card, and I think he might be right.

Anyone else notice that Meta Knight's dthrow actually stage spikes a few characters on certain stages? I've seen it happen against Ganon, Falco and Link on Battlefield, FD, SSE Jungle, and Smashville.

I'm not sure if it can be teched or not, but it kills a fairly large number of the cast at stupidly low percentages.

Another small problem that I've been encountering is that Meta Knight does everything that Kirby can do, except way better. Opinions?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Metaknight cannot do everything Kirby can do. If you're telling me that Metaknight's back throw is as good as Kirby's, then that's just bull****!

Metaknight cannot do everything Kirby can do. If you're telling me that Metaknight's back throw is as good as Kirby's, then that's just bull****!
I meant as a general play style. Having one throw that is different isn't going to change things unless Kirby has a 50%+ combo off of one of them.
They both rely on low percent strings for damage into an offstage gimp combo for their kills (or a well placed smash to punish large mistakes). They both have trouble killing after their opponent gets too much damage (and can no longer be effectively comboed), and they both die fairly early due to their light weight.

The only problem is that Metaknight has a better recovery (can stay offstage longer and go out further), disjointed hitboxes (beats out recoveries easier), better angles for his gimping moves (kills faster), better aerials (sans arguably bair), faster movement speed, and MUCH better camping ability.

I honestly can't, from a playstyle perspective, see anything Kirby has over MK at the moment. Kirbycides and a non-nerfed Whorenado?

matt4300

Smash Ace
I meant as a general play style. Having one throw that is different isn't going to change things unless Kirby has a 50%+ combo off of one of them.
They both rely on low percent strings for damage into an offstage gimp combo for their kills (or a well placed smash to punish large mistakes). They both have trouble killing after their opponent gets too much damage (and can no longer be effectively comboed), and they both die fairly early due to their light weight.

The only problem is that Metaknight has a better recovery (can stay offstage longer and go out further), disjointed hitboxes (beats out recoveries easier), better angles for his gimping moves (kills faster), better aerials (sans arguably bair), faster movement speed, and MUCH better camping ability.

I honestly can't, from a playstyle perspective, see anything Kirby has over MK at the moment. Kirbycides and a non-nerfed Whorenado?
You can use this same argument on Mario and luigi... or Link and toon link... Theres always one thats just plain better. I'm sure there are ways to fix this problem, but they obviously havent been found yet.

You can use this same argument on Mario and luigi... or Link and toon link... Theres always one thats just plain better. I'm sure there are ways to fix this problem, but they obviously havent been found yet.
Luigi is just better than Mario in a few key aspects that matter. Kill power, comboability, and recovery. Mario still has a distinct style to him that differs from Luigi's, even if Luigi is "better".

Toon Link and Link play fairly differently as well, and though one will inevitably come out on top, one won't completely eclipse the other.

Metaknight seems to be better than Kirby in all the areas Kirby is good in, making picking Kirby similar to picking Mario over Doc in Melee. There is no reason to do it other than character favoritism.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Luigi is just better than Mario in a few key aspects that matter. Kill power, comboability, and recovery. Mario still has a distinct style to him that differs from Luigi's, even if Luigi is "better".

Toon Link and Link play fairly differently as well, and though one will inevitably come out on top, one won't completely eclipse the other.

Metaknight seems to be better than Kirby in all the areas Kirby is good in, making picking Kirby similar to picking Mario over Doc in Melee. There is no reason to do it other than character favoritism.
Kirby is actually better at getting the kill than Metaknight. Kirby's Fsmash is way faster and kills sooner if I remember correctly. Kirby's Upsmash is a better killer and so is the Dsmash.

To me, Kirby and MK are about as similar as Fox and Falco used to be in Melee.

red stone

Smash Ace
YES!!!!! Thank you guys so much for doing this. Brawl+ is the best thing ever created. and finally, the game doesn't freeze when i use captain falcon's final smash.

Kirby is actually better at getting the kill than Metaknight. Kirby's Fsmash is way faster and kills sooner if I remember correctly. Kirby's Upsmash is a better killer and so is the Dsmash.

To me, Kirby and MK are about as similar as Fox and Falco used to be in Melee.
Kirby's fsmash kills Mario at about 150% from center stage. (with DI)

MK's kills at around 140%.

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
None of the hooktypes make the File Patch code work right. I've pretty much tried all of the options under IOS36 -- all of them have either been "no custom strap screen" or Exception ISI error =(

Dantarion had a theory that NeoGamma isn't deinitializing the SD card before it boots so Brawl can't open the SD card, and I think he might be right.
If anyone who has the same problems as Bionic Sonic wants to help me test this, I think I was able to recreate his error. Turns out, I also had Neogamma search for patches, and when I disabled that, I got an Exception ISI error. So if anyone else gets that error, can they test it to see if it works?

Veril

Frame Savant
Kirby's fsmash kills Mario at about 150% from center stage. (with DI)

MK's kills at around 140%.
Kirby's f-smash is substantially faster, that said the move was drastically overnerfed (something that will be addressed). Kirby's throw combos are substantially better than MK's, as is his aerial mobility. All d-throw spikes can be teched easily. I think that covers most of the points you brought up.

Kirby's f-smash is substantially faster, that said the move was drastically overnerfed (something that will be addressed). Kirby's throw combos are substantially better than MK's, as is his aerial mobility. All d-throw spikes can be teched easily. I think that covers most of the points you brought up.
Good to hear its being looked into.

Better, yes. But substantially better? Both of their throws are difficult to follow up on with good DI, and all of them are telegraphed sans bthrow for Kirby and fthrow for MK.

No issue then, other then the petty gripe that it looks weird.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm starting to fear for all the little character changes to be honest. While removing infinites does better the game in my opinion, this won't stop the backlash we'll probably get from changing stuff after saying that very few character changes would even be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom