• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seris

Smash Journeyman
Ill make a Fourum for posting results but where should i put it?
@Matt - How many entrants were there and who placed 4th? They used purely lucario or did they have secondaries?

WTF when did I become a moderator? April Fools?

Veril

Frame Savant
Don't spam this thread please... wait... Woody?! What brings you here ;p? Is it the sexyness of Jigglyplus?

Ill make a Fourum for posting results but where should i put it?
@Matt - How many entrants were there and who placed 4th? They used purely lucario or did they have secondaries?
Matt used an incomplete beta without the boundary changes (which really work against Lucario).

matt4300

Smash Ace
Matt used an incomplete beta without the boundary changes (which really work against Lucario).
What veril said... Only lucario nerf in was the Uthrow change... Wich was the only reason we used that build.

And yes, Those 2 lucarios only use lucario. There were I think 15-17 entrants? I didn't count. Can't remeber who got fourth.

Oh, and is the link fair change gonna be in the next build? 7.2 is it?

Suic

Smash Cadet
So I used the updatifier for homebrew and now none of the stages turn into WWR. Am I missing something here? Is the updatifier not up to date (oh the irony)? Also, does the updatifier not have the team friendly textures in there because I now just have the original sonics instead.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
i have no idea whats in the manual download folder but it most certainly is not 7.0.2
case in point: ganon gets his sword when he dtaunts

EDIT: also, in the autoupdating file, the stage pictures for WWR are over Rumble Falls, though actually selecting them bring you to RF+. WWR is over FZ2 (afaik)

Suic

Smash Cadet
i have no idea whats in the manual download folder but it most certainly is not 7.0.2

EDIT: also, in the autoupdating file, the stage pictures for WWR are over Rumble Falls, though actually selecting them bring you to RF+. WWR is over FZ2 (afaik)
for me, after using the homebrew updatifier, my rumble falls is still regular rumble falls and FZ2 is still FZ2.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
So I used the updatifier for homebrew and now none of the stages turn into WWR. Am I missing something here? Is the updatifier not up to date (oh the irony)? Also, does the updatifier not have the team friendly textures in there because I now just have the original sonics instead.
For whatever reason, whenever I add team friendly textures into the updater, it completely crashes (my guess is some character limit). I'm still looking into this and might have a fix for the updatifier hopefully this weekend.

Yeah, I'm gonna be updating the manual downloads later. I completely forgot about Sword Ganon and it was accidentally put in. Otherwise, everything else should be fine unless Yeroc slipped in a few changes I wasn't aware of...?

Suic

Smash Cadet
For whatever reason, whenever I add team friendly textures into the updater, it completely crashes (my guess is some character limit). I'm still looking into this and might have a fix for the updatifier hopefully this weekend.
So what happened is that my game reverted back to vBrawl? It seems really weird, because i just opened the sonic textures from my sd card in brawlbox and they are the team friendly ones...it just isn't getting put into my game for some reason.

Edit: Even though it is an april fools joke, I have to say it because I probably won't ever get to again:
Yea I'm a Moderator biatch!

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
*Edit*

I did the manual download and swapped my Ganon.pacs. Now my Ganon is sexy. Thanks for the awesome/accidental Easter egg! <3

iLink

Smash Champion
Awww I was about to do the manual download and it seems someone took it down D: no ganon for me...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The common5.pac is out of date. I'm using my own common5 (with images for the other stages, too) so I don't particularly mind. :p When the next update goes up with the new SSS, hopefully it'll be updated. If not, I can give people my common5 file if they want it.

As for WWR: yeah, it's been stated many times that the code to change a stage to WWR is left out. They said they're planning to release an update with a new SSS where the code is not required, but they haven't released such a thing, nor added the code in temporarily in the mean time...

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
does anyone know where taht code is for turning the sandbag into money?
sorry about the random question, but i kinda need it and the Q&A thread is dead
and... the auto updator doesnt owerwrite old files, even from previous Brawl+ versions. Is this normal?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
We just had a tourney in AL with a near 7.0 set...(no one was willing to let the lucario uthrow change not be in the tourney)

Top 3...

1.ZeroGamer- Lucario
2.KoKingpin- random lol
3.Derp(zeros bro)-Lucario

Derps lucario was beaten by zeros lucario in semi finals soooo yehhh....
i didnt really use Random. I used Pit, Ganondorf, and Fox (and yoshi after the tourney)

I lost to Derp's Lucario first round cause my controller is a piece of poop. he was like 190% and i was like 80% and he fired an aura sphere and i throw out my shield but i turn around in my shield animation and get shot in the back. Played Ganon and Fox rest of the tournament. 3-0'd derp in losers finals and lost 3-1 to Zero's Lucario in grand finals. Then we played a serious rematch Yoshi vs Lucario. I figured out some DI stuff and 3-0'd him 2 stock each time. Even though those matches didn't matter i felt as though I figured out Lucario although it could have been lack of match up experience as well. Lucario's U-throw is still ridiculously good but its not Auto death anymore when you are at kill percentages. Luc's Fair is still an issue but i don't really feel like going into it (i feel like Lucario's aura ability is more of the issue than anything but I don't wanna open that can of worms either)

Bandit

Smash Lord
But it seems very much to me that it reduces it to the point where it isn't an issue any further. I'm aware this is a subjective notion, but if it doesn't then please demonstrate where I'm mistaken.
Subjective notions should never be the basis for changes... ever.

I think we should stay with Ryoko's solution (and by the way, this community is full of skilled animators, some of whom I'm sure would be willing and able to make a very nice looking charge-up animation for Transform) until we can get the game to have Zelda and Sheik loaded at all times, as it does with Ivysaur and Charizard's (I believe; I know it's two of the Pokémon) MotionEtc's, which I think will happen eventually. But until then, I feel that your "oh lol it's not even noticeable" is far uglier than Ryoko's reliable solution.

There's also the fact that you seem to have decided this by yourself and just threw it in with the rest of the changes, blindsiding all of the Z/S players.
Two great points highlighted. Don't need to say anymore.

Transforming offstage is actually never a safe idea because of random load time factor. You can wind up falling farther than anticipated. If you want to recover using Transform anyway, it's better to use Sheik's 2nd jump and immediately roll to Transform input. Then C-stick towards the stage so Zelda buffers a kick in that direction which allows her to get aerial momentum and can then UpB. Doing the Transform recovery correctly is the first step, hoping that it works.

Transforming high above the stage and falling downwards is again, subject to randomness and not solicited even with the default mechanic. The default mechanic allows a pursuer to just wait for you to come out of the Transform, the lagless one still puts the pursuer at a risk due to Zelda's effective aerials, and that air dodges are not quick enough to react to. By using Transform on the ground, you have access to shielding, which is possible on frame 1.

As another addendum as to why not much of this is actually true is because of the actual vulnerable times. Zelda's and Sheik's Transform times outside of loading are very slightly different, but we'll use 36 to start, 30 endlag as an average.

Normal: 36 start up -> random loading -> 30 endlag
Modified: 80 start up -> random loading -> 0 endlag
The amount of time for the enemy to actually get to you is negligibly different. The only difference is that, you will be able to Transform more often with the normal mechanic because it gets to the loading faster, but as far as actually being punished for it, it's still in favor of a lagless one. Where you get the idea that the modified one was ever more punishable except in cases where it wasn't a good idea to use to begin with is strange enough.
This is pretty much all you need to know about transform.

Transform has never worked like Melee where it was a good recovery option if you were Sheik.

Suic

Smash Cadet
On my SSS RF (which goes to RF+) has a WWR icon and I can't get to WWR
The common5.pac is out of date. I'm using my own common5 (with images for the other stages, too) so I don't particularly mind. :p When the next update goes up with the new SSS, hopefully it'll be updated. If not, I can give people my common5 file if they want it.

As for WWR: yeah, it's been stated many times that the code to change a stage to WWR is left out. They said they're planning to release an update with a new SSS where the code is not required, but they haven't released such a thing, nor added the code in temporarily in the mean time...
The problem with me is, it almost seems like I went back to vBrawl...My SSS is not any different at all other than the Remove Custom Stage code is no longer present (or perhaps that's because it reverted back to vBrawl). I had no time to play a match or anything...just opened up rumble falls and saw that it wasn't RF+. I also quickly tried Summit...it seemed like it was frozen, but the edges weren't grabbable. Does anyone know why it might revert back to vBrawl completely? I guess I'll just have to try deleting the whole thing and downloading the manual...when the manual files get updated by Bionic Sonic

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Subjective notions should never be the basis for changes... ever.
Subjective notions are the basis for tons of changes ... They just need to be discussed by knowledgeable people to find the best possible change.

Ryoko's fix for Zelda's Transform is objectively more usable and better for Zelda than the default one. However, it is subjective that she needs it. That's what we should be discussing.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
What veril said... Only lucario nerf in was the Uthrow change... Wich was the only reason we used that build.

And yes, Those 2 lucarios only use lucario. There were I think 15-17 entrants? I didn't count. Can't remeber who got fourth.

Oh, and is the link fair change gonna be in the next build? 7.2 is it?
.....I guess I don't make that much of an impression....god I hate getting fourth its so close but not close enough to matter....

Bandit

Smash Lord
Subjective notions are the basis for tons of changes ... They just need to be discussed by knowledgeable people to find the best possible change.

Ryoko's fix for Zelda's Transform is objectively more usable and better for Zelda than the default one. However, it is subjective that she needs it. That's what we should be discussing.
My mistake on the wording. I meant that one person's subjective opinion should not be the basis of changes.

And I was basically just highlighting what seemed important anyway.

But I agree with Perfect Chaos. Having a ton of end lag to transformation just allows them to charge a smash and get free damage or combo starters when the move was intended to be a strategic switch. The "Ryoko Change" is balanced with more punishable frames and the abandonment of a follow up attack seeing as how you normally needed to knock someone away to get 80 frames in.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
On my SSS RF (which goes to RF+) has a WWR icon and I can't get to WWR

The problem with me is, it almost seems like I went back to vBrawl...My SSS is not any different at all other than the Remove Custom Stage code is no longer present (or perhaps that's because it reverted back to vBrawl). I had no time to play a match or anything...just opened up rumble falls and saw that it wasn't RF+. I also quickly tried Summit...it seemed like it was frozen, but the edges weren't grabbable. Does anyone know why it might revert back to vBrawl completely? I guess I'll just have to try deleting the whole thing and downloading the manual...when the manual files get updated by Bionic Sonic
The manual files are generated everyday at 4:30am now. As for the vBrawl problem, I honestly don't know. Maybe the game can't read your SD card (check replays/snapshots/stages?) and has to default back to the original?

SSS code and updated common5 are definitely on the list of updates...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Okay, so I here's my common5, if anyone wants it: CLICKY!
And here are the changes I made (from the current common5 that Brawl+ has available), as well as the .png images for it, in case you want to add them in yourself if you have other custom stuff in your common5, already...

Changed the "HANDICAP" text to "BUFFER" on the Rules Selection Screen: MenMainRule00font.04
Changed The CSS "Zero Suit Samus" display name to Maestro's 2-line version, as the name is much easier to see on his 2-line version than the current 1-line version:
MenSelchrChrNmS.024

RUMBLE FALLS
(Brawl+ currently has pics of WWR)
Changed the SSS Thumbnail image to the new Rumble Falls+: MenSelmapIcon.07/08
Changed the Stage Switch Icon to match: MenStageSwitch.07
Reverted the Display Name change back to Rumble Falls: MenSelmapFrontStname.08
Reverted Originating Game Icon back to "Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat": MenSelmapMark.08
Changed Preview Base to match the new RF+: MenSelmapPrevbase.08

SUMMIT (minor importance) - Newer, Squashed Version
Changed the SSS Thumbnail image to one with the Summit+ platform layout: MenSelmapIcon.23/19
Changed the Stage Switch Icon to match: MenStageSwitch.23
Changed Preview Base to match: MenSelmapPrevbase.19

SKYWORLD (minor importance)
Changed the SSS Thumbnail image to the one without solid platforms for the non-base platforms:
MenSelmapIcon.24

Changed the Stage Switch Icon to match: MenStageSwitch.24
Changed Preview Base to match: MenSelmapPrevbase.24

FLATZONE » WWR
If you didn't already add it yourself, and want to until the new SSS is released, then add in this code...
Flat Zone 2 is now Online Waiting Room:
C26DCEE0 00000003
A37A0022 2C1B0018
40820008 3B600037
60000000 00000000

Changed the SSS Thumbnail image to the WWR stage:
MenSelmapIcon.27/20

Changed the Stage Switch Icon to match: MenStageSwitch.27

Changed Series Icon from G&W to the Smash Symbol (it doesn't affect the character's symbol, luckily):
MenSelchrMark.18
Changed Display Name to Brawl+'s "Online Training Room" name: MenSelmapFrontStname.20
Changed Originating Game Icon from "Game & Watch" logo to "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" logo: MenSelmapMark.20
Changed Preview Base to the image for WWR: MenSelmapPrevbase.20

NEW PORK CITY
Changed the Stage Switch Icon to the New Pork City+:
MenStageSwitch.22
Changed Preview Base to match: MenSelmapPrevbase.26
I did not change the SSS Thumbnail, since the thumbnail itself doesn't show the platform layout.

Other images that you might want...
YOSHI'S ISLAND: Melee (These are the images of the current version of YI:M found at the Competitive Stage Hacking thread that is currently not officially in Brawl+):
SSS Thumbnail -
MenSelmapIcon.51

Stage Switch Icon -
MenStageSwitch.51
Preview Base -
MenSelmapPrevbase.51

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So I noticed that the BUFFER text looks a little weird, since I stretched it to fit the dimensions (which I found out later that it isn't really necessary to, due to there being space to the right of the text, already), making the text look bigger than the other text on the Rules menu. I just fixed it, so the .pac download is now for the newer one (the .png image is also updated, in case you don't want to redownload it and just want to add it in, yourself).

ChronicleX

Smash Cadet
Its been awhile since I played B+ and I noticed something has changed control wise, C-Down to downsmash from standing does not always work but c-stick upsmash always works. I got no idea why, can anyone explain this to me?

I also noticed a bunch of very nice changes to sonic when I was messing with him earlier. His combo seems to connect better, Spindash's connect into air moves better and can be cancelled with a D-Air. I was wondering is there any other changes either to sonic or in general compared to 6.0?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Those are edited somewhere else, but still somewhere in common5 IIRC.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
This is really minor, but in My Music the stages have their original icons.
Those are edited somewhere else, but still somewhere in common5 IIRC.
No, they are not!
The My Music images are contained in mu_menumain.pac. I also have the edits for these, if anyone wants it.

And this one thing is frustrating me...
The common5.pac that I uploaded works perfectly, yet, my personal common5 with some CSS portrait edits is freezing. I've narrowed it down to the Summit Preview Base image that's causing the freeze, but I don't know why it's freezing, since the one I uploaded for you guys have that exact image. And it's not the file size being too high, since mine actually has a smaller file size than the uploaded one... :confused:
It's annoying me to no end........ :mad:

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Thanks Perfect Chaos!

I think when I was testing another SSS code a few months ago, WWR was its own stage (with a Menu icon), so I think that's what we're doing when the Stage Select code is out.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
No, they are not!
The My Music images are contained in mu_menumain.pac. I also have the edits for these, if anyone wants it.
Whoops, my mistake. I was thinking of the stage pics in the Random Stage thing in the Rules (can't remember if it's in the Rules menu from the main menu or the CSS).

Veril

Frame Savant
Yes we are putting in the camera codes. CountKaiser could you PM those to me. I don't need Link, we've got that one done since he needed an edit anyway.

Smashboards has been down at very inconvenient times >.<

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Stuff that needs to be put in/fixed

Camera stuff
ADT code fix
Newer Summit+
Putting WWR on Flatzone or making it it's own stage
Yoshi/Ness DJHC alternate fix
Link fix
Distant Planet Waterfall code?
Zelda Transformation fix?