• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Um it's probably been asked before but I'm experiencing some weird glitches.

When any characters are launched vertically, they just kinda stay in that "hurt" position. (no tumbling)

ValTroX

Smash Ace
^^^ use namq's file, it will fix your problem(look at his signature and put the file on SD>Codes)
Edit; Guys, why did you remove the sound of Ness bat on tip hit? it's amazing and i think it deserves it

Seris

Smash Journeyman
not quite sure if you take suggestions/requests in here, so don't shoot me please :)

it's always bugged me that pressing the L/R buttons without completely clicking them in place doesn't enable the shield.

i stumbled across (in the project M thread) 'Light Shoulder Press Detection New code made by Dantarion that registers soft shoulder button presses.'

if you guys are planning on adding anything like that, i think it'd be a nice feature.

@sharpshooter i didn't think it was possible in +, besides diddy's bananas of course. that's something i'd have to see for myself.
This would be amazing.

StrikerX22

Smash Rookie
I agree with above, but I do note the realism in taking a moment to make guarding happen =P.

Sorry about my out-of-the-loopness; I figure these things have been pointed out SOMEWHERE in this thread, but I thought I'd mention them:

-computer (9, at least starting as) Sheik tends to stand and constantly spam single kunai even when you're OUT of range.
-computers tend to use up-B expecting sweetspot early, and leave themselves terribly vulnerable. Kinda breaks them. Would be cool if this could be fixed without too much trouble, to maybe make them wait for a certain distance at least per character.
-This may not be the place for it, but I still utterly hate wall-jumping when i simply try to turn around. I wish it required jump input.
-I haven't tried PC's common5 yet (I forget what page it was on), but in stage select Rumble Falls displays Online Training Room pics/text instead of sequel, and random stage switch menu shows temple instead of SSE: Jungle, Final Destination displays World Wide Web large pic/text.

And I suppose if I wanted to speed up the game some more, that would ruin frame-specific work that's been done? Still wish it were a bit faster = ='.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
-This may not be the place for it, but I still utterly hate wall-jumping when i simply try to turn around. I wish it required jump input.
You can wall jump just by pressing jump when holding into the wall. Wall jumping is actually really way more easier now that it was before but then again in other versions I rarely tried it. A lot of stages such as WarioWare and yoshi's Island walls have been fixed for you wall jump at any part along the wall. Also the wall jump is a tad bit better also due to you character doesn't really fall that far down after doing 2-3 where in VBrawl it would hinder you the more you use it.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Actually, sometimes I just end up wall jumping by pressing the jump button and I hate that, I wish it was like melee, where you only wall jumped by hogging the wall and pressing the opposite direction. the light presses are a good idea, but i think they are not working 100% yet, but if they are, it would be a nice addition.
Edit: Something I came across with http://kc-mm.com/?p=3365#more-3365
I think that can make it in with the new SSS, although it will probably be on the banned list due t rock camping xD

StrikerX22

Smash Rookie
No no, I now realize you CAN do it with jump input, but what I'm saying is you can JUST press the other direction and it will wall jump, when I will do that all the time on certain stages and NEVER mean to.

What I really want is a combination. You should have to press the opposite direction suddenly and jump. Then it won't be mistaken easily over a double jump and can be more avoided.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I've never really wall jumped on accident before, but if its THAT sensitive to others, I can see why it would be annoying. The light press code, if functional would be nice too(although I don't use the GC at all).

Specifically, what is it that we're waiting for in this set? Link fair and Sonic nair fix? Stage selection screen? Tumble animation fix? Is something wrong with the G-diffuser?

SiD

Smash Master
Personally throughout Melee, I've accidentally wall jumped maybe a few times, and I can't remember once where it caused me to die. I think it would be annoying to have to press jump and away, I only press away. In fact, in Brawl, I've walljumped accidentally by pressing jump more times than I would like.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Personally throughout Melee, I've accidentally wall jumped maybe a few times, and I can't remember once where it caused me to die. I think it would be annoying to have to press jump and away, I only press away. In fact, in Brawl, I've walljumped accidentally by pressing jump more times than I would like.
That's what I said, I hate walljumping with jump buttons.:mad:

StrikerX22

Smash Rookie
I have to say I'm a little amazed that people are "hating" the idea of using the JUMP button of all things to JUMP. gasp. And have you ever wall jumped in other games? It's fairly common to have to press a direction and jump. That aside, it makes sense. You want to turn around? You can't, cuz there's a wall there. That's stupid. You want to double jump? You can't, cuz there's a wall there. That's also stupid.

I'm guessing this light press is similar to short hop. To me personally, that'd be annoying since I'm no pro at doing it, and it seems like legitimate wall jump opportunities only come so often and you don't want to screw it up. I wouldn't hold it against you to have that as a solution but yeah I'd hate it.

However, using my solution of direction + jump in order to yes, jump in that direction, will be easy and obvious, and would cut down on accidental wall jumps almost entirely. You can deliberately not hold a direction just before you jump so that you don't accidentally wall jump. To me, this is in the spirit of control for high level play, whether or not you personally have come into many situations where it's a problem. Light press also works, though I can't say it makes a lot of sense.

Though it's not limited to this, I also somewhat seriously design custom stages and I've had a few with walls, usually suspended, where this issue happens more frequently.

SiD

Smash Master
I don't understand why you would ever need to tap away from a wall with the control stick unless you wanted to wall jump..

I mean no offense by this, but if you can't even short hop, perhaps your opinion isn't as relevant in this case.

eisley

Smash Cadet
I doubt that high level play has random walls from which you would need to turn away from...who the hell places themselves against a wall? I have not really heard or experienced this myself, neither in tournament play or casual play. Seriously, its not that big of a deal and I doubt this will be adressed unless someone points out a more valid reason that directly impacts BRAWL+...sometimes we forget that this doesn't directly cater to casual play in which custom stages with said walls that might give this problem could be present. This reminds me of when people complained about final smashes not working or custom stages being disabled, once again, things were made in such a way that impacts to casual play were secondary.

Kati

Smash Lord
Wall jumping accidentally happens too often on Yoshi's Island and Wario Ware for me any my playing crew. Melee's system was much better imo.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I believe that melee walljumps is all we need. As seen on this very thread, accidental walljumps happen way too often due to the fact that you can walljump with the jump button. Also, many brawl stages have walls(WW,YI:B, Halbert on ship just to name a few) and accidental walljumps just make screw up more than it helps you.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Death to Neko! :V, In all seriousness, maybe it's possible to make an input on/off like tap jumping? If not, well I guess we'll just have to live with it since some people got used to it, but I'm pretty sure you end up wall jumping without wanting to often too Neko

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I've never walled jumped on accident with jump button because I know what's going on 99% of the time.

I dont think I've ever had an issue with wall jumping.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I've never walljumped by accident with the jump button.

I walljump by accident all the time by tilting the stick away from the wall. The stick in Brawl seems hypersensitive compared to Melee, where you actually had to smash away from the wall to walljump.

shanus

Smash Hero
I do perfect edge walljumps by accident enough to be irritated by it when doing edgehops. I'll look into it :p

ValTroX

Smash Ace
you NEED to start playing Falcon protein. The problem that I have with x/y walljumping is that sometimes i try to meteor someone out of double jump and if I'm close to a wall, it just walljumps and messes up my kill

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Here's another vote to tilt-only walljumping. I'm used to the melee way and I end up doing it by accident too.

Then again, I sometimes like it because it messes up valtrox's attempts at meteor smashing me xD

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
how about we learn to deal with it and stop complaining about things that require incredibly litte skill to get right. its like the footstool argument: "make it so i don't press a button when i'm touching a person because i just want to mash buttons and do cool things. this game isn't easy, make it easy!"

quit *****ing, play the game, develop the tech skill to not do the wrong thing. really, its getting harder and harder to find any semblance of skill left in this game. at least try to pretend you're not terrible.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I don't main or sub any characters that wall jump, so I can't really speak on that topic much. The footstool argument more so comes from the receiving end that their opponent killed them on accident and not deliberately.

Oh right? I wouldn't understand the wall jump fiasco because I'm a despicable tap jump player. Is that it?!

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
I just dont know why you need the jump button AND the tilt to walljump, why the two commands? What about when you want to be as close to the wall as you can and double jump? There are situations in which anyone would have to do that, but instead I WJ when I just wanted to jump, since I pressed the X button for jumping.

I think this is another of those unexplainable sakurai decisions, since melee WJ was perfectly fine.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I just dont know why you need the jump button AND the tilt to walljump, why the two commands? What about when you want to be as close to the wall as you can and double jump? There are situations in which anyone would have to do that, but instead I WJ when I just wanted to jump, since I pressed the X button for jumping.

I think this is another of those unexplainable sakurai decisions, since melee WJ was perfectly fine.
even if there were a difference from melee (which i'm sure there isn't), its another thing you have to get used to. we're not goign to remove everything that requires skill from this game because peopel are having trouble doing it correctly. if you're all jumping on accident, then don't jump near the wall, or if thats not good enough, do the same thing out of a wall jump as you would a double jump, but fast fall it. if things are not easy, then you learn how to do them. making everythign auto l-cancel was one thing, but taking out everythign if people complain about it will leave the same result as just having two computers fighting: the player doesn't need to think or even do anything.

again, quit *****ing. this isn't melee, get used to it.

Is Kirby good yet? I might start playing when he is (KO power)
from what i cna tell, kirby does have a fair amount of kill power along with decent combos. i'd put him right now in the top 10 charcters in B+ (its difficult at this point to get a definite top 5).

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
Took the words right out of my mouth Fozen Its true this game isn't melee but its the closest to Melee atm that your gonna get until Project M comes out. Either you end up playing this or playing Melee if you want melee mechanics they already stated that B+ isn't melee 2.0.

Imho (In my honest opinion) the top 5 which is true is diffucult to pinpoint but probably easily: (Not in any correct order)
1. MetaKnight
2. Jigglypuff
3. Captain Falcon
4. Falco
5. Pit/Lucario/Marth/Lucas

at least from what I can tell but the game varies from person to person so its really hard to tell. Considering the game is really well balanced now it is really hard to tell.

Bandit

Smash Lord
even if there were a difference from melee (which i'm sure there isn't), its another thing you have to get used to.
1) It is different.
2) See JCaesar's comment about why it is different.
3) You are one of the worst ambassadors for a game, ever. When people complain, you don't blow up at them, spouting curses and calling them stupid. A simple answer of "we are leaving wall jumps as is until it is proven to be a consistent problem competitively" would have been far easier. No one can argue with that answer. Instead (and this isn't the first time) you spout off at the mouth like you created this game and puff out your chest. Anyone with a brain could destroy you and your false power trips.

Brawl+ isn't Melee or trying to be Melee. The wall jumps are what they are, and most people are not having consistent problems with them. In tournament play, if they show to be consistently interfering with the flow of the match, I am sure the developers will look into an amendment from their current status. Until then, players will have to be more mindful of their inputs (especially those with higher buffers).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Brawl+ isn't Melee or trying to be Melee. The wall jumps are what they are, and most people are not having consistent problems with them. In tournament play, if they show to be consistently interfering with the flow of the match, I am sure the developers will look into an amendment from their current status. Until then, players will have to be more mindful of their inputs (especially those with higher buffers).
you said what i was trying to, but in a much nicer way. i know a lot of my comments have huge holes in them, but they're my opinions on the topics. if you take them as me trying to represent the entire wbr, then go ahead, but i don't aim to represent the opinoons of anyone else but myself. if i find that peopel are being unreasonable and are taking the project down a bad road then i'll say so and let peopel know my stance on the argument.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Not to mention bair no being a GOOD edge guarding move when your opponent is at high percent now, as opposed to it just making them rise really high into the air and float back to the stage like Jumpluff spores.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Man this argument brings back memories.

Frozen, it's been covered many, many, MANY times in this and similar themed threads that making something require a more specific input is NOT reducing the skill it takes. As it is, the wall jumping mechanic isn't just annoying, it's imprecise. Not only that, but because of this imprecision, its easy to do even if you haven't actually learned how to do it yet. This is obviously a mechanic put in by the creators to fit their image of vBrawls style (casual). I say we switch to the Melee system, it actually requires you to hug the wall and have a hard input, assuring that you have to actually learn how to walljump instead of just using the easy but imprecise mechanic that is currently in place.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
while were at it lets remap techrolling to the left to the L buttona nd techrolling to the right with the R button, because sometimes when i try to tech i roll the wrong direction. you can just mess up a couple times and say the mechanic should be fixed. aside from a few people complaining that they're too close to the stage when they press the jump button nobody else seems to be having a problem with this. if every single person who has ever played a B+ that can wall jump, came forward saying that its a universally ****ty mechanic and that in every single match they've played its resulted int heir loss, then i would be inclined to agree with you. as it stands, the game has been in development for a long enough time that this could have been brought up plenty of times.

again, this isn't melee. its nto trying to be melee. if you want to play melee go get your disk or wait for project m.

SiD

Smash Master
while were at it lets remap techrolling to the left to the L buttona nd techrolling to the right with the R button, because sometimes when i try to tech i roll the wrong direction. you can just mess up a couple times and say the mechanic should be fixed. aside from a few people complaining that they're too close to the stage when they press the jump button nobody else seems to be having a problem with this. if every single person who has ever played a B+ that can wall jump, came forward saying that its a universally ****ty mechanic and that in every single match they've played its resulted int heir loss, then i would be inclined to agree with you. as it stands, the game has been in development for a long enough time that this could have been brought up plenty of times.

again, this isn't melee. its nto trying to be melee. if you want to play melee go get your disk or wait for project m.
This is such an assanine argument...it doesn't matter if it's trying to be Melee or not, the point is that the input for walljumping in Melee was better.

Honestly, can you not see any situation where it would be? If you want to double jump near a wall, as it stands you can't. Explain to me how that is better? I understand it doesn't necessarily need to be changed, since in theory few people are having trouble. But your reasoning is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom