• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Sure, but saying that "The walljump input for Melee requires more precision" isn't.

And Frozen your argument is one thats been repeated every single time anyone tries to change anything in a public Brawl+ discussion thread. In this case, as in most, it is irrelevant and changes nothing. Techrolling isn't an imprecise mechanic.

If you change a law to be more stringent, there is no reason to makes already stringent laws even more stringent. In fact, if the theoretical first law was put to be about as stringent as the second,why would you then increase the second law past the standard you just based a similar law on?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
http://www.brawlplus.net

It's finished. Well, almost. But it's close enough for now. New common5 to come in the next couple days.
Stupid common5 is stupid...so many stupid freeze issues... -_-
...oh, and did I mention it is stupid?

Anyway...since the common5 isn't released with it, I'm guessing that you still can't get it to not freeze?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Exactly.

Stage Icons Explained

On the first page:

FZ2 = WWR
75m = SSE: Jungle

On the back page: These 2 stages will look like WWR and SSEJ when the common5 comes out, but they're the actual FZ2 and 75m icons. It works the same on the Random Select screen, but there will be different icons there so it will be easy.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Links Fair is the old one in my set. Did I skrew up my Download, was this intentional, or did you guys forget?

StrikerX22

Smash Rookie
Awesome news. And I'm sorry for apparently starting a war. Melee input would be a fine alternative for input for walljump as well, as it's fairly hard to do when trying to do something else (light press would still be better in that respect though). I'm also glad that there are yes, in reality, a few people who understand rational arguments in a forum (whether or not they completely agree). It's almost exciting.

Don't assume because I am casual that I can't make heads or tails that something would be better for the pro scene. Some things are extremely obvious even if it is a very small difference. Preciseness is in the spirit of high level play, and being at "Gold" levels means you're starting to refine things. But please don't be under the impression that I was expecting any immediate action. It being minor doesn't mean it's not bad... just maybe not bad enough for now.

And yeah, I didn't say I couldn't short hop. I just have to concentrate on it, and it has no bearing on my argument. And custom stages aren't always bad, unless I'm missing something. I usually try to keep some obvious rules in mind, like knockout distance (need to re-edit now) and keeping low ceilings out and such. That being said I'd love to have high level opinions on my stages if i get around to uploading.

By the way, a heads up. I don't know if this is common yet, but Bowser 9 AI seems to tend to use the turn-around fire breath and face the wrong direction. Not sure if this has always been the case or what.

I look forward to that common5.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Okay, so I finally found the source of the freeze of common5 file that I sent to Yeroc before.

I was able to fix it, but it came with one little cost. In the Random Stage Switch menu, the big image for "SSE Jungle" still has the image for 75m (changing it to SSE Jungle's image makes it freeze, for some reason; but if anyone can change it to that without it freezing, then be my guest). The SSS is 100% just as desired, though, which is really the only thing that truly matters when it comes to stage menus.

So without further ado, the common5, for those that want it now (unless you want to wait to see if anyone else can fix the freeze with that image added): CLICK HERE!!

EDIT: So I have a few questions regarding stages...
1. Why was the .pac for Distant Planet added (again) when there's (again) no Distant Waterfall code?
2. Why is Pokémon Stadium 1 back to vBrawl's model, again? PS1 in vBrawl is horrible, IMO.
3. Why was the lower walls of the 3rd pit stop of Port Town Aero Dive made to be non-wall-jumpable, again? If that was a mistake, then I've taken the liberty of fixing that. If not, then here's a link, anyway, for those that care enough... CLICK HERE

iLink

Smash Champion
Wait what's going on? o.O

It would be nice to have this sorted out because Seris is holding a Brawl+ tourney tomorrow (technically today...) and he already alerted everyone to get this set.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Wait what's going on? o.O

It would be nice to have this sorted out because Seris is holding a Brawl+ tourney tomorrow (technically today...) and he already alerted everyone to get this set.
Better let the link main/s know that his fair hasent been changed yet. I would be pissed going into a tourney blind to a change like that. Infact I got the values for the finished product and put them in for the last tourney I was at. Since it was well known it was a mistake.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I was able to fix it, but it came with one little cost. In the Random Stage Switch menu, the big image for "SSE Jungle" still has the image for 75m (changing it to SSE Jungle's image makes it freeze, for some reason; but if anyone can change it to that without it freezing, then be my guest).
I don't have time to look at it right now, but I'm going to guess that it's a size issue with the image that's being inserted. Try messing with the format you import it in, to see if you can cut down the file size.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
If you download my common5, redownload it with the new link I put up on my previous post (same place). I accidentally uploaded my own personal common5 with some CSP edits, before.
I don't have time to look at it right now, but I'm going to guess that it's a size issue with the image that's being inserted. Try messing with the format you import it in, to see if you can cut down the file size.
It's not a file size issue, I'm pretty sure, since the same image has worked before, and the overall file (my personal one at least, which still freezes with it) is way below the original's size. It might have a limit on each individual section of the file, though... :ohwell:

angelbless

Smash Apprentice
Ok ... now that it has been released. Maybe I will take this afternoon to test it.

Just one thing that may help everyone here. Could we have a space in the firts post and /or another thread for fixes to the HEX or Common5 (like the one that Perfect Chaos made), etc. that will be official to the Beta final?.

That way, anyone who enters could add all these changes and no one would have to wait until those are being inserted in the gct. :)

(For my part I have to see how can I mix everything with Dantarion and PW´s code for Stages. If Anyone wishes to help me on this, be my guest :) )

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
The zip file contains everything you need to get started. I included the text and a gct for all the different loading methods. The only standalone files now are the common5 and PTAD, which I've downloaded and will be updating the zip file sometime today before my own tourney.

As for Link, I'm really very sorry to say that it was surprisingly shot down last week in discussion and voting. I had the new file and had it in place when I was instructed that we weren't going to be using it. :(

A big thanks again to PC for his awesome work on the common5, and finding the problems with the stage pacs. I'll be sure to have the zip file updated around noon today.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Woah Woah sorry to bring back the walljumps, but FroHo, there's NO WAY that pressing x/y on a wall to perform a walljump requires skill. In fact, it requires more skill to tap the stick the other way, and does NOT mess up with other stuff. About the "specially people that use high buffering" thing someone mentioned, I use 0 buffer(just in case it's relevant at all). And do not criticize other people's opinions without cause, I hope you lived near me, cause I'm pretty certain that I'm a REALLY good B+ player and I could probably beat you at the game.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
ok thank God I have a computer and wifi over here >.<

I'm at the tourney and I am the TO, and there is another patch O.o

I have enough time to dl this patch ^^

also, Valtrox... get you *** over here dude, this is the first B+ tourney in puerto rico man, lets make it happen :)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
As for Link, I'm really very sorry to say that it was surprisingly shot down last week in discussion and voting. I had the new file and had it in place when I was instructed that we weren't going to be using it.

...This is a sad day for all mah bois...After being forgotten and all that arguing, the pac didn't even make it in. What was the reason for it being shot down? Does Link have awesome aerial options from the ledge already?

1. Why was the .pac for Distant Planet added (again) when there's (again) no Distant Waterfall code?
2. Why is Pokémon Stadium 1 back to vBrawl's model, again? PS1 in vBrawl is horrible, IMO.
Would like to know the answers to these as well.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Thank goodness the Link fair didn't get in. He didn't need that at all.

I'd really like at least a general list of things that are added.. like did you guys add any new codes to the game that may require some testing?

Also, did you guys add the no buffered powershields from project M in? And the code that adds a sound to when moves clash?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm curious who voted against Link's fair.

Jiang your avy is frickin awesome btw! I don't suppose you have a bad*** Bidoof one...?

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
Hello, the Brawl+ Updatifier is not working it stops when trying to download...

Init network...
Downloading http://brawlplus.net/dl.php

and then: "ERROR! could not download the file

Regards

EDIT: I used the windows autoupdater, because the linux one have no love

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Woah Woah sorry to bring back the walljumps, but FroHo, there's NO WAY that pressing x/y on a wall to perform a walljump requires skill. In fact, it requires more skill to tap the stick the other way, and does NOT mess up with other stuff.
i personally feel that if the game has been running fine this entire time then theres no need to nitpick something that hasn't been an issue.

And do not criticize other people's opinions without cause, I hope you lived near me, cause I'm pretty certain that I'm a REALLY good B+ player and I could probably beat you at the game.
i don't know if this was directed at me, but i've definitely never said i was good at this game. there's really no reason for this statement outside of bragging.

if its not directed at me, then forget it.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
i personally feel that if the game has been running fine this entire time then theres no need to nitpick something that hasn't been an issue.

i don't know if this was directed at me, but i've definitely never said i was good at this game. there's really no reason for this statement outside of bragging.

if its not directed at me, then forget it.
Still wondering about why the Blue Title Screen instead of Gold...

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We have to make an update anyway to remove DP+ and modify the .gct, so the correct link fair will be up then.

It is not the one you worked on. It will have the strong hit first with a 35° angle and the weak hit second with a 20° angle and slight damage increase. No frame-speed changes and no lolwut damage buff.
You lied Veril. You liiieeeedddddd.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I think we need an explanation for a few things, such as stage changes. I don't mind not having a change list for stages, but why do we have smashville.pac files in the brawlplus download? What specifically are they there for(wall jumps I assume)?

Not a big deal, but Took Link still has aura spike on dair.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Almost any and all stages you download that you are unsure about or can't see obvious changes to (Temple+) is because of smaller boundaries. So for your question, smashville is for a smaller boundary.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Wow, its been nearly 8 months since I've played Brawl, normal or plus. Its amazing how far things have come. I'm totally lost on how I used to do this - set it up, play, etc. I guess its time to do some research...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom