• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Haha, you guys didn't know? There's a title screen pac floating around that replaces the Luigi Trophy you see on the cliff in the intro with Weegee. I guess the idea found its way into B+'s title pac.

iLink

Smash Champion
Omg I just saw it

I didn't think anyone sat through that long enough to catch it lol

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I saw it the first time I ran Brawl+ on this release since I wanted to see how the blue SSBB logo looked within the intro. I don't know if I like it or not, as it kind of makes it look unprofessional.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite

Yeaaaaaaaaah... that would explain it lol

Gimme a sec, I'll remove it.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
That actually made me laugh but I agree with PC, it looks unprofessional and it must go.
People need to learn to have sense of humor. Blizzard puts poop jokes and quests in WoW and no one thinks they are unprofessional. It's not like someone snuck a picture of dude's junk somewhere into the intro. It's a picture of Weegee and it makes everyone laugh who sees it.

Most people miss it and most people will see it once then won't care to see it again. If anything I think it should stay just because it's a silly little easter egg and shows we all have a good sense of humor. Long story short, learn to laugh once and a while. No one isn't going to play Brawl+ because Weegee snuck in.

lord karn

Smash Master
People need to learn to have sense of humor. Blizzard puts poop jokes and quests in WoW and no one thinks they are unprofessional. It's not like someone snuck a picture of dude's junk somewhere into the intro. It's a picture of Weegee and it makes everyone laugh who sees it.

Most people miss it and most people will see it once then won't care to see it again. If anything I think it should stay just because it's a silly little easter egg and shows we all have a good sense of humor. Long story short, learn to laugh once and a while. No one isn't going to play Brawl+ because Weegee snuck in.
I agree with this.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman

That reminds me, someone sneak the Tauren Marine in somewhere.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Finally, people are paying attention to Weegee!

(also agreeing with those who say that he should be left in...or at the very least, have him and maybe the other characters hilariously cartoonified made into an optional download for the menu)

kaizo13

Smash Champion
+10 for weegee

i really don't see anything wrong with it....and how can you talk about it "not being professional" when you're hacking other peoples work >>

eisley

Smash Cadet
people can just remove it themselves...besides, no one noticed it for a while and who seriously sits and waits through the intro long enough to see it to the point it bothers whenever they play...no one.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
As the one who made that title screen, I'm not entirely sure why you guys are using it. It was made back around brawl+ 5.0. It was mostly made to see how the title screen could be edited and its pretty bad. It wasn't included back in the official download back then because most of you guys hated it. I'm pretty sure the fact that its included now is a big mistake.

What about the gold title screen made by sharpshooter?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
People need to learn to have sense of humor. Blizzard puts poop jokes and quests in WoW and no one thinks they are unprofessional.
The Brawl+ crew isn't a multi-billion dollar company that has millions of fans/supporters already.
It's best to avoid making the Brawl+ crew look like a bunch of people that modded a game for kicks an giggles. (That's what Brawl- is for...)

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
The Brawl+ crew isn't a multi-billion dollar company that has millions of fans/supporters already.
It's best to avoid making the Brawl+ crew look like a bunch of people that modded a game for kicks an giggles. (That's what Brawl- is for...)
This

While I laughed when I saw it, and think it's good to keep a sense of humor, I don't think we should go randomly sticking memes into the game. A lot of people basically think Brawl+ is a joke, and this certainly won't help.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, this is one with the Weegee image reverted back to the original Luigi image. I didn't change anything else, so the "Show Me Your Moves!" text is probably still not working correctly.
FILE HERE!

Alphatron

Smash Champion
No seriously. Why are you guys using the 5.0 title screen. I'm not mad about it, just confused. Especialy since it wasn't put in the original download the first time around. Weegee was just a joke.

StrikerX22

Smash Rookie
Not that I condone this one for staying, it would be in good humor to include like 1 little easter egg per major release. Take out the old one, put something else in and wait for people to find it. Naturally, never tell us you're doing it and wait until someone notices before removing (or reuse it later, prolly better).

Oh and this is very random, but how hard would it be to change the checkbox to "Show me your signature"? Half-joking here. Half.

edit: I'm sure it's not your priority and i don't know how possible it is anyways, but I've noticed a lot of computer players tend to recover late, sometimes really late, for no reason. I've just recently got back into brawl+ after several months and haven't played vbrawl in a long time, but I don't remember it being like this. When I mentioned the early up-B recovery thing before 7.0.3 came out, it was with one of the Links... not sure if that happens now but i'll look into it.

Veril

Frame Savant
can we get a version of the file without the stupid 4chan jokes in it?
I don't even know who put those in there tbh but yeah, I agree.

Yeroc, please tell me that wasn't you. If its only weegee I don't really care, but its dumb. We already had one ridiculous easter egg with sword ganon...

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I didn't put it in there, but I had known about it. I remember seeing it when somebody first made and released the file. I just used what I had from way back. I also liked the blue so that was what I went with.

Triple Seven

Smash Rookie
Sword Ganon hate is entirely unnecessary...-thanks to Yeroc again for helping me to get mine working a while back-

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
>__> you kids. it's a joke. don't wet your pads over it.

i also think it's in poor taste that there's almost THREE PAGES (by default settings, mind you) of people whining about it

baw easter egg let's all brown our pants shall we

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom