• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrickyTony

Smash Rookie
Can anyone explain what is going on with levels in the Gold release. Today is the first time I have updated in months. Some stages appear on the first and second page such as Temple, and some stages just freeze the game. Also all stages seem unfrozen/unaltered.

Another thing I am seeing is that any texture hacks I am adding are simply not working. I used to use texture hacks just fine, now... not so much.

Have either of these things been discussed/resolved? Thank you.

TrickyTony

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately, just re-downloaded three times, same problem. Used the Updatifier, the manual pack, and the pre-made pack. Most features seem fine but the SSS still has a bunch of issues, and I still can not use custom .pac files for characters.

TrickyTony

Smash Rookie
NTSC-U, the code file matches with RBSE01.

Thanks for the help, I know my post count reflects it, but I actually have been using Brawl+ and texture/stage hacks over a year, just stopped playing for a long time.

TrickyTony

Smash Rookie
The one I have noticed freezes every time is Temple on "Normal Stages," Temple on Melee stages works fine.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ok, look into your pf/stages/melee/ folder and tell me what you have there.

additionally, look in your pf/module/ folder and tell me what you have there too.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
however...i won't be able to install it, or the homebrew channel, til after payday, i need to get another sd card(my current one has over 600 brawl replays and snapshots saved to it, I"m not deleting em all, i remember reading somewhere that you have to have a blank SD card to install em, or at least one of em, I can't remember...)
1) You don't need a blank SD card.
2) You can back up replays on your computer, you know. This stuff isn't rocket science.

TrickyTony

Smash Rookie
Melee:
STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC
STGCRAYON.pac
STGCUSTOM1.pac
STGCUSTOM2.PAC
STGDOLPIC.pac
STGDXGARDEN.pac
STGDXPSTADIUM.PAC
STGEARTH.pac
STGEMBLEM.pac
STGFINAL.PAC
STGFZERO.pac
STGHALBERD.pac
STGICE.pac
STGJUNGLE.PAC
STGMADEIN.PAC
STGMANSION.pac
STGNEWPORK.pac
STGORPHEON.PAC
STGPALUTENA.PAC
STGPICTCHAT.PAC
STGSTADIUM.pac
STGVILLAGE_00.PAC
STGVILLAGE_01.PAC
STGVILLAGE_02.PAC
STGVILLAGE_03.PAC
STGVILLAGE_04.PAC

Module:
st_custom1.rel
st_custom2.rel
st_jungle.rel

TrickyTony

Smash Rookie
FrozenHobo. It was my SD card. Sorry for the trouble. While I have your attention though, if I want to use someone like Roy, who has his own codes do I just add those to the end of the RBSE01.txt and convert?

TrickyTony

Smash Rookie
Yeah I got the moves changed, there are codes on the BrawlVault though, Perfect Roy by wiiztec is the one I was looking at, I think the codes modify his size amongst other things.

Edit: But I am getting off topic so I will look elsewhere after this, thanks for helping me brainstorm through this.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
Um question when is there going to be fix for IC's? Please don't say w/e the next patch is because I'm not really gonna go thru 164 pages to look for the answer but what is with their return? I was playing the game earlier at a friends house and I picked IC's and when I would get knocked off I tried to up B but nothing came out I lost an entire match because of that. Did my friend have a corrupted .PAC file for them or is this happening in everyones game. Just wondering Any info would be great.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
um, you can't up directly out of hitstun. you have to wait a sec for them to re-sync.

that aside, they do need a lot of work. not going to set a date or time frame for the change, though. fixes will most likely be added with the fix for nana's tether glitch.

link2702

Smash Champion
so ya....i downloaded b+, tried it out and....

its.....interesting........some things i didn't like, some things i liked, and some stuff i just downright was scratching my head wondering "why did they change that?"

many of the changes made to pit, flat out made me hate how he played in b+, link....well...kinda confused with him atm(keep in mind i did nothing but cpus atm in training mode, since i'ma bout to get to sleep soon, was just testing out how some characters felt) fox....supprisingly, i found fox to be quite fun, chances are he'll end up being my main in b+

IC....omg...i love you guys for what you did to IC....disableing the Cpu controlled ic's grab, to make it impossible to chaingrab, was exactly what was needed, it makes me wonder why nintendo didn't do this themselves when making brawl(oh who am i kidding, its nintendo....didn't put an ounce of thought into balancing the characters) zelda was another strange one i liked that i honestly didn't think i'd end up playing, sheik on the other hand, hated how she felt in b+ i'll be avoiding using her like the plague, sonic....like link, still scratching my head wondering about him, i'll find out when i can get anyone to play me to see if i like his new style in b+

mk, i was loling about his whorenado and the changes, also tried to do the IDC to see what ya'll did about that, was suppprised, figured you'd just disable it, instead of making it so when its attempted, it goes immediatly into the slash.

falco felt.....akward.....espicially when i tried to fire his lazers in the air, i know ya'll obviously did that to make it hard to spam lazers with him....but....IDK...just taking that away by itself made him feel strange to play for me(but then again thats probably cuz in brawl i camp my *** off with the spambird)

zss....another one who i didn't really like the way she played compared to her brawl counterpart... samus and ganondorf....like link and sonic...still not sure on them.

C.falcon, was ok...i'll definatly have to use him in a real match to see if i like his playstyle.

anyway, thats how i feel so far.....keep in mind i've had nothing to play but a cpu punching bag in training mode atm, if i can get some folks to play in it, i can really find out who i like to play as, makes me very sad sad :( on how pit plays, but nothing i can really do to change it, really was hoping he'd be my main in b+ like in brawl, but he just felt too strange in B+ to me

on a side note, i went and watched a replay saved to my wii from an old regular brawl match just for lolz, wanted to see how wacky it got when it desynced, everyone had a score of around -5 at the end.

pointless info is pointless, but eh....just kinda found it funny. :p

ValTroX

Smash Ace
try Falco's SHFF lazars! they are goooooood....I loved Pit in vBrawl too and I hardly use him at B+ but he's very good(go look at some 5ives videos). MK was nerfed, he's still a very good character. Falcon is beautiful, he's fast and powerful and manly as he should be :p

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Pit seems to just be one of those characters that is actually good, but is different enough from his vBrawl counterpart that vBrawl Pit mains just don't like him.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
Well the great IC chaingrab is gone I'll admit that the only thing is that if someone doesn't know how to DI the Little Blue IC (PoPo) can still pull one off. I did it to my friend the other day was quite funny due to he used to do CGing to me with DeDeDe way back in Vbrawl days.

They Made Pit better alot better if you ask me. For 1 he has invisible hit on some of his moves. Primarly Dtilt and Fsmash. They made it to when and if he gets hit while his up B is in effect he doesn't go straight into >B when hitting UPB again.

Link is good but could use a little work if you ask me. His Fair I wish it was better and also he has no range on a getup attack. MK is great due to he can still gimp with ease primarly to majority of the roster but he does sort of have a hard time getting people off the ledge.

Sheik is awesome you just gotta figure out combos with her and its not really that hard just basically spam tilts and shes just like IC's if someone doesn't know how to do DI she can get them in a rushing CG by using forward throw.

I do see your guys's points about pit though due to it was the same way with me when I used to play ZSS sure she was great in Vbrawl but when going to B+ she felt weird. But overall they made her better because they buffed up her killing potential.

BEES

Smash Lord
so ya....i downloaded b+, tried it out and....

its.....interesting........some things i didn't like, some things i liked, and some stuff i just downright was scratching my head wondering "why did they change that?"

many of the changes made to pit, flat out made me hate how he played in b+, link....well...kinda confused with him atm(keep in mind i did nothing but cpus atm in training mode, since i'ma bout to get to sleep soon, was just testing out how some characters felt) fox....supprisingly, i found fox to be quite fun, chances are he'll end up being my main in b+

IC....omg...i love you guys for what you did to IC....disableing the Cpu controlled ic's grab, to make it impossible to chaingrab, was exactly what was needed, it makes me wonder why nintendo didn't do this themselves when making brawl(oh who am i kidding, its nintendo....didn't put an ounce of thought into balancing the characters) zelda was another strange one i liked that i honestly didn't think i'd end up playing, sheik on the other hand, hated how she felt in b+ i'll be avoiding using her like the plague, sonic....like link, still scratching my head wondering about him, i'll find out when i can get anyone to play me to see if i like his new style in b+

mk, i was loling about his whorenado and the changes, also tried to do the IDC to see what ya'll did about that, was suppprised, figured you'd just disable it, instead of making it so when its attempted, it goes immediatly into the slash.

falco felt.....akward.....espicially when i tried to fire his lazers in the air, i know ya'll obviously did that to make it hard to spam lazers with him....but....IDK...just taking that away by itself made him feel strange to play for me(but then again thats probably cuz in brawl i camp my *** off with the spambird)

zss....another one who i didn't really like the way she played compared to her brawl counterpart... samus and ganondorf....like link and sonic...still not sure on them.

C.falcon, was ok...i'll definatly have to use him in a real match to see if i like his playstyle.

anyway, thats how i feel so far.....keep in mind i've had nothing to play but a cpu punching bag in training mode atm, if i can get some folks to play in it, i can really find out who i like to play as, makes me very sad sad :( on how pit plays, but nothing i can really do to change it, really was hoping he'd be my main in b+ like in brawl, but he just felt too strange in B+ to me

on a side note, i went and watched a replay saved to my wii from an old regular brawl match just for lolz, wanted to see how wacky it got when it desynced, everyone had a score of around -5 at the end.

pointless info is pointless, but eh....just kinda found it funny. :p
Once you play it a bit and get used to the timing, it'll feel much more natural than Brawl ever did. In fact you'll have a hard time believing you ever found it awkward.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Am I supposed to be able to fastfall during tumble (after the hitstun wears off, of course)? Because I seem to randomly be able to do it then not be able to.

link2702

Smash Champion
ok, now even though i enjoy the changes you guys made....i'm getting annoyed at one thing....

T.T no one to face me in B+...

B+ is supposed to be the biggest out of all the brawl mods, with the largest community, yet i haven't been able to find ONE person to play me in it, i'm stil stuck with nothing but cpus...<_<

i know....probably doesn't really need to be here, but its kinda annoying to me, hwo i've had it for awhile now, and yet have not found a SINGLE person to play in it, all i've had were the cpus <_<

/end rant.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I play with cpu's too, there are some B+ players here in puerto rico, but we don't gather like never to play

Someday I'll play at Valtrox's or somewhere to play, It's been a while since I last played, since I hate playing CPU's which is just stupid as they fall for stuff that human player wouldn't fall

my falco must look like crap now, been a while since I last played falco, or even Diddy Kong

Someday I'll play again, but not with cpu's >.<

(I do play B+ atm, but with my PSA movesets I'm working)

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
If there's no one near you who plays, the next best thing would be to try to find some WiFi opponents on fsmash.org. I know, lolwifi, but it's better than nothing D:

link2702

Smash Champion
thats what i've BEEN trying to find are wifi players, wifi is all i've got basicly(the smash scene in my state is like 2 hours away from where i live, add in that my car was totaled a few weeks ago, plus i honetsly don't have the time alot to go to offline tournies or smashfests, and online is all i honestly have...)

not to mention most folks here don't play B+(that i know of....) most folks here, are still content with brawl(how, iDK, but they are..., melee is sadly pretty much dead, maybe 5-6 melee players left, smash64...lol....smash64 wuts dat?)

but sadly, i can't even FIND WIFI players to play in it. :(

SolarChimecho

Smash Apprentice
@link: You can either go to the B+ chat or the Wi-Fi section on smashmods for matches. I am unaware about the B+ wifi activities at Gamefaqs(Brawl online board) or All Is Brawl.

IC3R

Smash Lord
I took Brawl+ Gold to a card shop (because I play yugimonz) last week, and have gathered a grand total of eight more lovers of the game! Showed them some Kirby and Ganon ****~ :laugh:

HEIL PLUS!

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
I have a question about Sonic mains in Brawl+. What buffer do you tend to use the most with Sonic? I find 0 to hard to recover with, and I want him to feel the least laggy with delay between moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom