• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'd rather go for the hold up for YESZ! during knee idea. If you don't want to diminish your forward momentum, then don't taunt during the knee.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
WindOwl is right. We should stop. Though there isn't much left to debate unless someone brings something up.

iLink

Smash Champion
What can we expect from the next build?

I know CF is going to be changed some and that Lucario is going to loss his silly uthrow shenanigans as well as jigglypuff.

*hopes they remove the dead frame*

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
What can we expect from the next build?

I know CF is going to be changed some and that Lucario is going to loss his silly uthrow shenanigans as well as jigglypuff.

*hopes they remove the dead frame*
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261493
There are some confirmed character specific changes here. I think we are also getting camera fixes, dead frame removal, and removal of almost all the game freezing bugs.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
It's great that finally, little by little all of the game freezing bugs are being fixed. Sadly, the shoulder buttons will still cause a crash at the end of a match.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
It's great that finally, little by little all of the game freezing bugs are being fixed. Sadly, the shoulder buttons will still cause a crash at the end of a match.
You need my newer "Shield during initial dash" code, and then have the other one turned off and removed. There should be no more end of match crashes with my two new dashing options codes.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Are Kupo's camera fixes being used?
I'm pretty sure it's been decided that kupo's camera codes will not be officially used in Brawl+, due to the rocket ship noise. If fixed cameras are implemented (which I totally would support, since I've been using kupo's camera codes despite the noise), it will be through the camera settings of the characters' .pac files.

I would like official confirmation whether fixed cameras are going to be implemented or not, though.

Revven

FrankerZ
You can (for the umpteenth time I've said this) edit the individual character camera values in their respective .pacs and achieve the same effects as the camera code PW made. VietGeek had done this and almost nobody cared about the camera changes (only a few tested them), it's so funny how nobody paid attention to it and people still want it. =\

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I would modify the .pac files myself for my personal usage but unfortunately, I'm not quite sure how to (nor do I know what values to use), so I just stick with the camera codes with the settings that kupo came up with...for now.
But yeah, it's a shame that it was completely overlooked when VietGeek released a test version for the last set.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
You can (for the umpteenth time I've said this) edit the individual character camera values in their respective .pacs and achieve the same effects as the camera code PW made. VietGeek had done this and almost nobody cared about the camera changes (only a few tested them), it's so funny how nobody paid attention to it and people still want it. =\
I stated that the camera, while better, felt a bit too angled downward. It was particularly noticable with Kirby.

I, however, would love a better camera, as one in very much needed. In fact, I would love to help with such an endeavor.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
question guys, are there any new updates prior to the D3, Samus update(January 15 if im not mistaken)? Cause I haven't download anything else since that day and I got a .gct from FroHo with the stage changes necessary to play distant planet and summit+, so i just wanted to know before i run the update cause it will surely delete the custom gct and disable my ability to play summit+

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
You need my newer "Shield during initial dash" code, and then have the other one turned off and removed. There should be no more end of match crashes with my two new dashing options codes.
I put that code into my set as soon as I saw you had posted it. I found my problem actually and it wasn't the code. I thought I had removed the first Shield during Dashdance code and left only yours behind, but turns out I hadn't. I removed that and the crashing went away.

So at the end of things you're right, your two codes take the end of match freezes away. Heh, thanks a lot. :chuckle:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
The camera fixes would be truly worthwhile. It wasn't until I lost access to my wii and played Brawl+ at a friend's house that I noticed that the camera refused to keep up with the game. When you get knocked across the stage and manage to recover BEFORE the camera can move to show your position then there is something horribly wrong.

Good thing 75m isn't tourney legal atm. Worst camera of all time in a smash game.

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
The camera fixes would be truly worthwhile. It wasn't until I lost access to my wii and played Brawl+ at a friend's house that I noticed that the camera refused to keep up with the game. When you get knocked across the stage and manage to recover BEFORE the camera can move to show your position then there is something horribly wrong.

Good thing 75m isn't tourney legal atm. Worst camera of all time in a smash game.
Try going up in the air with a character( or just have Jiggs and Jiggs). The camera is way too up-close and i can't see the stage. I cannot see where i'm gonna land at. I lost some matches because of that here and there. This can happen in Melee, except its not that common since the camera can instantly widen itself and you can see the whole stage. And 75m camera is AWFUL!!!

Will the rocket noise problem in Kupo's camera be fixed?

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
:( i'm guessing "Brawl+ 7.0 Final Build finally it's Gold" is never gonna get released :( u no u guess can atleast release a nightly build or something.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
It's taking a while because everything needs to be as close to as perfect as possible for the next release.
Patience is a fine thing.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Its getting dangerously close to a tourney date here in alabama... I REALLY hope its out by then...

Oh, and Veril I sent you a PM... Incase your box is full or something

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well ****. I certainly don't mind playing the waiting game now.

I have no choice since my SD reader has been completely and utterly destroyed. Time to buy a third one...whenever I get some cash.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
I've been following this thread for a while, and I don't know if these things have been mentioned before, but here it goes anyway.

What will be done about stage spikes? Those things are kinda too powerful. One time I was playing Marth at 15% and Lucas pkt1 me while I was very near the edge of battlefield. This suddenly caused me to hit the stage with this incredible force that sent me straight down at an incredible speed. I was able to jump inches away from the death boundry. I could not explain how that happened, since I was at 15%.

The other thing is the footstool. I personaly hate the thing, and can't explain how you can't meteor cancel it if it's basically a meteor. It's like the distance you travel when you're footstooled is fixed, and that's not right.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Stage spikes are fine. Footstool does need to be erased from existence however. Even if someone just makes a code so people can use it personally if they want to, and I don't mean that old one that doesn't work.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
*sigh* Ok, it seems nobody got the point of my initial complaint, so let me get to the point: Reduce stage spike knockback and take out that fixed footstool knockback. That's the RIGHT SOLUTION for this problem.
Also, smash attacks kill too early, so nerf them. Shielding/dodging them is the lazy solution.

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* Ok, it seems nobody got the point of my initial complaint, so let me get to the point: Reduce stage spike knockback and take out that fixed footstool knockback. That's the RIGHT SOLUTION for this problem.
For most characters, stage spikes are risky and difficult to set up, not to mention that teching provides a counter to stage spikes for all characters; they should have a high reward.

I doubt they will be getting nerfed any time soon, as most people already agree that Brawl+'s gimping game should be more effective.

Revven

FrankerZ
or at least made percentage dependent.
Wtf? They ARE percent dependent, PKT doesn't start tumbling people until around the 80s or 90s. If you're getting stage spiked by SUCH A SLOW and predictable projectile you need to stop putting yourself into that situation. It goes without saying that you should be able to avoid it easily, it's not some super broken tactic, Lucas doesn't even need any kind of nerf like that he's right where he needs to be.

And yes I know Lucas can easily edgeguard someone offstage with PKT, but if you're holding onto the ledge for SO long to let that kind of projectile stage spike you then you need get off that ledge. (It's an old tactic btw, pretty sure people did it in vBrawl for awhile).

This is like saying to make DK's cargo spikes nonexistent when they really aren't that much of a problem if you know how to get out of his Fthrow really friggin fast (which is also extremely easy, hold UP).

And basically any move that sends horizontally and is strong enough can stage spike.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
I do agree with ManEg, they are kinda overpowered. Footstools need to go too, or at least get mapped somehow. Stage spikes COULD be nerfed, or at least made percentage dependent.
Thank you for using the right words for what I wanted to say: percentage dependent, dont know why I didnt say that. This seems to be the most obvious solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom