• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl online confirmed?

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
Someone on Gamefaqs found this on the nintendo europe site

"At E3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl's designer Masahiro Sakurai announced that the game will include Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection gameplay but no specifics have yet been revealed, and it will also likely feature four-player VS play but other options are being considered - including the possibility that more characters could be added. "

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/...do?ElementId=SS7FXl8xwNfnaI7xv69LyLH2j8ZyJ6bv (just click READ MORE)

So doesn't that confirm Wi-Fi and downloadable content? (sorry if this is old)

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
There were so many other threads talking about how brawl might not be online, but from what I read (from that link) Brawl is gonna be online! Yay! =D

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
yeah so send that link around to other threads that talk about brawl not being online

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
is this legit?

I think they are referring to E3 2006, when Sakurai made it clear that it was one thing he HOPED to get in the game, but never guaranteed it

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
Playing Devil's Advocate, it could be a dated reference left over all the way from last year. It's a very good sign, but I'm not counting my chickens yet.

Takalth

Smash Ace
but other options are being considered - including the possibility that more characters could be added. "

So doesn't that confirm Wi-Fi and downloadable content? (sorry if this is old)
No, it doesn't confirm downloadable content (assuming it's up to date). "Other options are being considered" is a long way from a confirmation.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Just because a developer say something doesn't mean it's true.

I would still bet good money that it WILL be online, but just don't think it's 100% guarenteed.

cityondown114

Smash Rookie
Could it be possible that online play won't release until later...2008 maybe? It already seems like they are behind schedule and pushing to get it out this year...I wouldn't expect full online capability until at least a little later. If I am not mistaken this is going to be the first real test of the online capabilities of the wii. They have been used somewhat but this is going to be the largest scale operation ever. I think there will probably be a few kinks before everything gets going at least.......do you all agree?

Knightblade

Smash Cadet
That would suck if the online, assuming it is online, is laggy lol it would ruin the whole experience.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
That was last year, which is what saddens me.
Sakurai could have changed his mind about Online by now, but I hope not.

Top Bottom