• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online General Discussion/ Social/ Thing

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
We need to set up that intervention for Pika… Where's Z when you need him?

edit;
Pssssh, all I have to do is like spam. It's not hard. I'll get you easy! I'll strike when you least expect it.
Maybe when you go to get another snack? Who knows?

edit2; RICK'S POST SPLIT. WAAI.
Getting home bro, I'll set it up shortly. @Player-0 I'm watching you.
Lol I feel like im the only Mexican here :p

WHERE ARE MY MEXICAN BUDDIES? :'(
I'm from Spain and half of something else.. that count?
Any other German/Irish out there?

No?

k.
The latter... you should know who is :awesome: edit: everyone's leaving .-.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
For me it's kind of the other way around at times. Lv. 9 CPUs can get kind of boring and uninteresting after all. Sometimes they can be unpredictable, but in my experience none of them really have much of an established playstyle, nor do they tend to try any different tactics once you get the hang of fighting them. (that said, I haven't fought any Lv. 9 CPUs in a loooooong time, so I'm going off memory) I agree it doesn't feel the same knowing you're not playing with actual people, just practicing and testing your skills by battling against the game itself.

_____

No interesting groups in BB tonight so far, been in three as of yet. Latest one involved a Sonic that did almost nothing but F-airs, S-tilts and recovering when need be. Might just be my luck, but I've noticed a majority of the bad players online happen to use Link or Sonic, usually resorting to walking around the stage, spamming the S-tilt when they get to someone. And with Sonic they usually use a lot of aerials or specials too. I've seen a lot of really good Links and Sonics every now and then, but I've run into more bad Links and Sonics than any other character.
It's things like this that make me wonder if I'm really that bad at the game. :awesome:
--------------
The bad players I run into usually use Sonic, Fox, Falco, Yoshis, Pits, Pikachus, and Ikes.

The best players I've seen usually use Meta Knight, Ganondorf, Marth, Donkey Kong, Peach, Kirby, Bowser, Snake, ZSS, Tink, and the ICs.

I find it interesting that the bad players use mid-tier characters, while the good players use either the highest tier or lowest tier characters. From my experience of course.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The latter... you should know who is :awesome: edit: everyone's leaving .-.
I'm still here

--------------
The bad players I run into usually use Sonic, Fox, Falco, Yoshis, Pits, Pikachus, and Ikes.

The best players I've seen usually use Meta Knight, Ganondorf, Marth, Donkey Kong, Peach, Kirby, Bowser, Snake, ZSS, Tink, and the ICs.

I find it interesting that the bad players use mid-tier characters, while the good players use either the highest tier or lowest tier characters. From my experience of course.
I've had a rather even streak of running into good/bad Pits. I used to run into a lot of bad Foxes and Ikes, but most of the ones I see nowadays are at least decent if not skilled and well tuned.

Speaking of bad Pikachus, I remember back when I first started playing wifi, I was so bad back then that a simple Pikachu spammer would utterly destroy me. Tbh, wifi is what really helped improve my skills, I've practiced with CPUs many times and it has rarely helped me from what I can remember.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm still here

I've had a rather even streak of running into good/bad Pits. I used to run into a lot of bad Foxes and Ikes, but most of the ones I see nowadays are at least decent if not skilled and well tuned.

Speaking of bad Pikachus, I remember back when I first started playing wifi, I was so bad back then that a simple Pikachu spammer would utterly destroy me. Tbh, wifi is what really helped improve my skills, I've practiced with CPUs many times and it has rarely helped me from what I can remember.
WiFi has helped me a ton. I probably wouldn't have ever gotten into competitive Smash if it wasn't for WiFi. But when it goes away.....

GUYS! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
WiFi has helped me a ton. I probably wouldn't have ever gotten into competitive Smash if it wasn't for WiFi. But when it goes away.....

Play offline.
Play MK8
Play 3DS games
Do basic life stuff
and before you know it, smash 3ds comes out... we won't have to wait long, it's already may.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Finally found a good group. On Yoshi's Island (Melee) as a green Pikachu I fought a pretty good white Marth. Two Kirbies were there too. The Yellow one attacked anyone he wanted to while the pink one sat back and watched until the yellow one came after him. Pink Kirby won the match with a score of two thanks to that.

EDITS:

Bah, all but one of them left and no one else joined. Decided to just leave. Unfortunate, was a pretty good group and match.
_________

Smash 4 will come out on the Wii U and 3DS soon enough. I hope you'll all be able to enjoy it as much as I believe I will.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Play offline.
Play MK8
Play 3DS games
Do basic life stuff
and before you know it, smash 3ds comes out... we won't have to wait long, it's already may.
MK8 will probably consume my life.
Speaking of MK8, have you guys seen the new RR? It looks a little different, but I like it.

Yeah, Smash 3DS is coming out soon, but I can't help but not be as excited for it. I feel like it will just be a really awesome demo of what's to come.

Edit: I feel like a Twi page claim is about to happen...

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296

Late.. my one gif site never wants to work anymore. This needed to happen though..

Late to the party but.... I'm Irish.....
Irish buddies...!

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Late.. my one gif site never wants to work anymore. This needed to happen though..

Irish buddies...!
HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS COMING?
I was just asking to be gifed..

EDIT: Well, I'm off to bed. Night, everyone!

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
You were asking for this, too.

Oh.. I concur.

Edit @ Player -0 Player -0 I'm not much of a drinker, don't think I will be, since I don't like a lot of stuff. But maybe.
You win...as usual...:awesome:
OK, now I'm I'm really going to bed! Night all!

Rukia

Enamored
GUYS, I MADE A GIF.

Sadly, the quality for some odd reason decided to become derpy...

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
You win...as usual...:awesome:
OK, now I'm I'm really going to bed! Night all!
Mmmmmhm. :smirk:
And of course, never complete without the dramatic exit gif.

:awesome:
Nightttt.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
And then there were two....

Edit: Oh... one now. Yeah, okay. Thanks for leaving, ninja. Sigh.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Hello thread.

/Gives life

I'll be on dat BB as kirby

and spam some more if there's funny stuffs goin on.
I'll be on Basic as well for maybe an hour.

Most likely Red Falco and Falcon.

Edit: Found a neutral Kirby fighting this noob Lucario with a Zelda watching. I'm Red Ike. The Kirby even did the blinking shield.

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
/kicks door open

Good afternoon everyone. :]

I've been wanting to post this gif for awhile now...

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For now the only animes I plan to check out are Soul Eater and One Piece. They both seem kind of interesting from what I've heard of them.

Suppose I'll try Attack on Titan too at some point.

_________

Will be getting on BB in a minute or so for a little while, assuming I can find any decent groups.

kaazers

Smash Master
185 alerts.

@ KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms - WAAAAAAAAI?!?!?!!?!?

That's just si --

Are we talking about Shingeki no Kyojin?

ARE
WE?

AS;LKDFJAS;KLSAL;ADFKSDFKLS;

Had a blast watching that last year. Awesome show. Been catching up on the manga now.

Good.
Stuff.

Really.

Like spam this page and I'm out, haha.

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Last edited:
Top Bottom