• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Online Issues

Shock the Hedgehog

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockhog
I've been playing Brawl+ for quite a while now. I haven't had any problems with it until just recently. It seems that I cannot play online for whatever reason. Whenever I try to get to the character select screen, be it through making my own room or joining another game, the game freezes and there's a loud and obnoxious buzzing sound. I've attempted to update Brawl+ and deleted some files (only custom stages) that may have been affecting the game. I've also made sure that it worked in vBrawl and it did, so it must be a problem with my own codes or files.

Any idea as to what is going on?

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
Codes, no matter what they are, will only work online only if the other person(s) you are playing have the same codes on. Else it will desync.
If it freezes, then that's another problem. Idk then. I turn off codes when wifi'ing, and I'd suggest you'd do the same.

Shock the Hedgehog

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockhog
It can't be anyone else, it freezes even when I try to create my own online room. I want to play Brawl+ online and the friends I want to play with use the same codes as I do.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
If you used UTDZac's music swap program, then that is the problem. Otherwise, yes, ditch the common5.pac if you're using one. If you only use it for CSPs, use the sel_char file instead. CSPs work fine online 100%.

Top Bottom