• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online Rankings website

Gorgapor

Smash Rookie
YAY online play! but no ranking system :(

I'm going to fill that gap. I am going to make a website to track player rankings. So, despite Nintendo not including this in the game, serious players will still be able to play others of their same skill level.

Here's basically how I envision it working. First everyone registers a name on the site. Then, you can challenge people to matches. Once they accept, you both exchange friend codes, and then you play using tournament style rules. Finally, both of you report back to the site, and your stats are adjusted.

Based on these stats, each player would have a rating which gives an approximation of their skill. This way, you know who will give you the most even game.

What do you guys think? Would YOU use the site? Any suggestions for improvement?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It could happen, and it seems kinda intresting. Any ranking system is good IMO, as long as there are just as many non-ranked games, which Sakurai already showed us. That'd rock, definitely! :)

Gorgapor

Smash Rookie
about the Tia Tournament Archiver...

I spoke with Neal Yung (the guy who runs that site) a while back about stuff like this. But his focus is much more towards giving tournament organizers a tool for showing results online and not about providing a ranking system. This is intended to be separate from the tournament scene, which frankly matters a whole lot more than online rankings.

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
there is already a site like that(not a smash specific site more like a nintendo wifi site), project mario kart google it

also wouldnt it be better if smashboards did their own board for it?

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
Get it? My Cockadoodldoo!
oh you are talking about my name, yeah.

i thought you were comparing me to your mother (even did a search on urban dictionary)
i shoot myself on the foot sometimes <_______<

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Didn't smash bros. dojo say "We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes. Enjoy." So maybe it will have a rank system. Who knows? Give it some time.

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah that's a good point. With this system we're exchangin friend codes anyway, and those will be kept track of, so this is kinda pointless of a thread.

Vividice

Smash Cadet
I have got a question regarding friend codes:
How many codes can you save on the wii? Is there anz limitation at all?
If you couldnt save more than 100 codes such an ranking system would be pretty quick useless or at least really really annoying (delete and add codes all the time).

But i would appreciate an online ranking website.
Especially because i think Nintendo wont lay much afford in creating an very competetive mode at least not in a form like a ranking.

So zeah, i think you should start creating such a page.
You should better be quick to get a good URL :D

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
YAY online play! but no ranking system :(

I'm going to fill that gap. I am going to make a website to track player rankings. So, despite Nintendo not including this in the game, serious players will still be able to play others of their same skill level.

Here's basically how I envision it working. First everyone registers a name on the site. Then, you can challenge people to matches. Once they accept, you both exchange friend codes, and then you play using tournament style rules. Finally, both of you report back to the site, and your stats are adjusted.

Based on these stats, each player would have a rating which gives an approximation of their skill. This way, you know who will give you the most even game.

What do you guys think? Would YOU use the site? Any suggestions for improvement?
I also work on such a Website in this moment. i only waited for more Information about the Wifi -Mode, now i can start to coding =)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Didn't smash bros. dojo say "We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes. Enjoy." So maybe it will have a rank system. Who knows? Give it some time.
What about trading stickers or trophies or cd's and such?
Or wagering them perhaps?

Anyways, a ranking systen would be great, so someone trust worthy with a good reputation on these boards should make one.

Top Bottom