• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl PC - Emulated

RopeDrink

Smash Cadet
Hey folks, got referred to SmashBoards from SRK as I've been poking around regarding the topic of finding out wether people actually play their Brawl on PC via the Dolphin Emulator and, if so, do people use it's multiplayer feature.

In the event of there being uninitiated, Dolphin Emulator allows the mounting of official / legitimate copies of Brawl to be played on their PC (which I assume gives some comfort as well as much easier recording - I hear it's used at some tournies for that reason at least) - It can also be played via ROM but thats not a recommended discussion due to legal issues.

I've tried on the Dolphin Forums, SRK Forums and now I've decided to post here - I never had the opportunity of playing this great game on release and now that it's ageing I only managed to play it for the first time about a month ago thanks to someone lending me their copy of Brawl and trying it out on my PC.

Unfortunately, outside of potential 2-Player Offline, the only option I really have for consistant play and practice is just to play offline versus CPU L9's. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it immensely but it isn't the same when you can't play against other people - I never had any expectations of actually playing against people anyway (Seeing as the Emu has an unstable "IP Hosting" method to it's Multiplayer) but I'd like to think it's a possibility at least.

So, here I am - I'd like to apologize in advance if this is a big grey area for the Mods - I wouldn't really know where to talk about this topic on the Forums so I hope I'm not in the wrong place.

Still, the question stands - Does anyone out there play Brawl on their PC at all? Just a mild curiosity - If this actually has been discussed before, would love if people could point me in the right direction!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Nobody plays Brawl on PC as far as I'm aware. People do with Melee, but that's only because Melee has no normal online.

Your best bet would be to get a used set-up and controller if you want to play and not spend too much money.

iJolt

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna start playing on PC since my Wii broke. Waiting for a new controller and GC Adapter to come in before I start playing on there though. Should be getting it on Monday! Let me know if you're still interested.

RopeDrink

Smash Cadet
Sounds good, though if you're referring to Dolphin then Multiplayer has it's own list of problems - For one you'd need to share IP's and both have the exact same Emu settings to prevent desyncing. If it works, awesome, if not be prepared for frustration.

Still, everything else works like a charm - Dolphin does occasionally crash if you repeatedly load savestates or once in a blue moon the sound will be reduced to ear-destroying crackle but 9/10 times it works perfect.

iJolt

Smash Rookie
I got my controller in and setup. What's the best way I can get in touch with you to set something up (AIM, MSN, etc.)?

Top Bottom