• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Brawl][PM]Who's Tyler? 7: it IS a lucky number - November 9th, 2013 - Lindale TX

TM_icecream

Smash Ace

Guys there are only 4 more Who's Tyler? events omg I'm going to cry.
This one's pretty cool. I'm tired so I'll make a simplified OP instead of all that BBC stuff that takes an hour

Schedule:
November 9
doors open: 10 am
doubles begins: 12 noon
singles begins: 3 pm
side event begins: like 7 or 8 depending on set-up and entrants. If we don't have time we don't have time and I'll gladly refund you your money for this! :D

210 E Hubbard, Lindale TX

Events/Moneys:
Brawl Singles $5 per person
Brawl Doubles $5 per person($10 per team)
P:M 2.6b singles $5 per person
P:M 2.6b doubles $5 per person($10 per team)
Low tier singles $3 per person
+Venue Fee: $7($2 towards the Who's Tyler? X fund. More details to come)

Schedule is universal to all events, doubles and singles, except for low tiers which is the side event.

Rules:
General:
Don't be stupid.

Brawl:
Starters(ban 1-2-1):
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Halberd
Yoshi's Island(Brawl)

Counterpicks:
Lylat(ew)
PS1
Delfino Plaza!!!!
Castle Siege

MK is legal
40 LGL for all characters
no Dave's Stupid Rule, you can go to the same stage twice idc

then like generic stuff. No infinite over 300%, no IDC, no unplugging your opponents controller, don't pause mid-match to be a meanie hole(turn pause off if you'd like) no items whatever

P:M 2.6b:
Starters:
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Dreamland
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Fountain of Dreams
Warioware
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Kongo Jungle 64
Frigate Ophion
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Green Hill Zone
Skyworld
Castlevania

Winning player gets 4 bans.

4 stocks, 8 minute timer, everyones legal, best 2/3. I don't think there's any other rules idk. Don't be stupid!

Low tier dubs is the same as the brawl rule-set but we're doing just F tier of tier list V8

Pay outs:
everything is
1st gets 60%
2nd gets 30%
3rd gets 10%

Other stuff:
just come have fun you'll have time to eat but I just yolo that part in there, don't worry about it. Come have fun :D

If you NEED housing post here, rave can usually swing it, maybe psy. let us know!

bring set-ups, I'll waive your venue fee!

bring your own controller!

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
if I am not working or in the process of getting ready to move to Arkansas if I get this other job, I may show up and play some.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Get it! Maybe I won't run into a Zelda them top 3 would be like you aerolink(if he goes) and

Well Denti prob but maybe me

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
A word of advice, Tyler, Don't let Icecream make the tournament threads anymore. They are usually full of rubbish and very disorganized. Either learn to clean it up, or just get someone who knows what they are doing to do them from now on.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
A word of advice, Tyler, Don't let Icecream make the tournament threads anymore. They are usually full of rubbish and very disorganized. Either learn to clean it up, or just get someone who knows what they are doing to do them from now on.

*agrees*

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Sanji get back to me when you host an over-hyped event and it manages to get over ten entrants, k?

K.

The thread is fine, the info is there. I've stated many times I don't care about the next three events, and I'm not trying to get more entrants in them. 17 is my average(unfortunately) and those who usually go will continue to go even if I just but some whack gif in the thread and say "SAME AS THE USUAL BOYS COME ON OUT!"

@sergio glad you'll make it out bro :)
If anyone brings dive kick, sure!

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Sanji get back to me when you host an over-hyped event and it manages to get over ten entrants, k?
I averaged 25 in my heyday (in a LAN Center's 25x25 console area in 2008), and in my last two tournaments, one year apart from each other BTW, I managed to draw out of state interest, and I am not talking about OK and LA either. I am talking about California and AZ. Don't you dare lecture me about Tournament hype if you can't get your foot out of your *** and learn how to type the rules of the game properly without going to abbreviations like idk. It makes it appear that you are unprofessional and you don't care about the game at hand. What you did is both wrong and you are completely unprofessional by not only admitting that you don't care about the state that your rules are in, but to go into attack mode for my pointing something out that would have helped you in the long run, and that just makes me sick.

Get an attitude adjustment, Icecream, before your scene collapses right in front of you.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

K.

The thread is fine, the info is there. I've stated many times I don't care about the next three events, and I'm not trying to get more entrants in them. 17 is my average(unfortunately) and those who usually go will continue to go even if I just but some whack gif in the thread and say "SAME AS THE USUAL BOYS COME ON OUT!"!

wtf?
you literally just said you do not care about your next 3 events?
you literally turned down a request for the OP to actually make sense/be visible?

dude wtf is yo deal?

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Sorry guys, but I will be traveling to Dallas that weekend if this job offer comes in on Monday. As much as I'd love to come to yet another Who's Tyler tournament, there's a regional tournament for traditionals that takes precedence.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I averaged 25 in my heyday (in a LAN Center's 25x25 console area in 2008), and in my last two tournaments, one year apart from each other BTW, I managed to draw out of state interest, and I am not talking about OK and LA either. I am talking about California and AZ. Don't you dare lecture me about Tournament hype if you can't get your foot out of your *** and learn how to type the rules of the game properly without going to abbreviations like idk. It makes it appear that you are unprofessional and you don't care about the game at hand. What you did is both wrong and you are completely unprofessional by not only admitting that you don't care about the state that your rules are in, but to go into attack mode for my pointing something out that would have helped you in the long run, and that just makes me sick.

Get an attitude adjustment, Icecream, before your scene collapses right in front of you.
Oh, no, I just don't like you. Sorry. :(

@xyro I don't really lmao. I'll get the same number of the same people anyway. They get the rules.
All that's necessary is MK banned/legal, stage list, LGL.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
AMIRITE?!?!? Haven't cut this stuff in like 8 months.
At this point I'm considering not cutting my whole senior year. Unless I get a girlfriend LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

so I'm considering not cutting it my whole senior year.

D

Deleted member

I would go to this, but in terms of distance DIME 5 > This. Sorry to the people (nobody) who expected me to attend Who's Tyler 7 :(

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I would go to this, but in terms of distance DIME 5 > This. Sorry to the people (nobody) who expected me to attend Who's Tyler 7 :(

Icecream is generally bad about scheduling stuff the same day as major tourneys like DIME. There was a tourney one weekend (I can't remember if it was one of my Fight Club events or one of his tourneys) that was the same weekend as Evo. There are other dates that are available at the Library, as the community room is not booked often. I'm less focused on Fight Club events right now because there's a 2/3rds chance I'm either moving to DFW or Arkansas.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
yeah EVO is nbd for my itty bitty monthlies, lol. DIME is a bit unfortunate but oh well~ I'm a busy person, not just any date works out for me lol.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Please note that we will be featuring Pokemon X and Y at this! Bring the game and a system! There will be a tournament if enough people show!

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
yeah EVO is nbd for my itty bitty monthlies, lol. DIME is a bit unfortunate but oh well~ I'm a busy person, not just any date works out for me lol.
Hate to be blunt, but as a TO, it is my duty to point out that your forethought outright stinks. Yeah, I get that life happens, but there is a thing around called Facebook where you could have sorted this out months ago and got yourself a better date with no tournaments to compete with, but now your attendance will be split when it didn't have to be that way.

Oh, no, I just don't like you. Sorry
Cute, but at least I am willing to put my money where my mouth is.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Not everyone. Just the Houston scene, the people I don't like, dummies, nerds, people who don't know what real swag looks like

And the ice climber boards

Top Bottom