• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl ported to the 3DS?

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
If you'd actually properly read my post, you'd realise immediately that I said it wasn't necessarily designed for 4 player LOCAL. Note the "Necessarily" and "Local". Important words.
You need to remember that back when first SSB was made, no-one in Nintendo thought about online gaming. But yes, it's not necessary to play it 4 players, but still.

edit: What I've got to say is that "party" factor is important in Smash. And it will be gone if Smash goes portable.

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
Looking through this, everyone has mixed feelings about this.

What would you guys rather have?

-A new Super Smash Bros. Title for the 3DS
-An updated remake of Super Smash Bros.
-A port of Super Smash Bros Melee
-A port of Super Smash Bros Brawl
-No Smash Bros game on the 3DS at all

Personally, I would like to see a Melee port with updated Vault and wifi features similar to Brawl.
EDIT: On second thought, I would also agree to port Brawl if it had faster gameplay.

If a game was developed, would you buy it?

-Yes
-No

I say yes

What about the director?

-Keep Sakurai
-A new one from Nintendo
-A completely new director

Personally, I would like to see what Miyamoto can come up with, seeing how Sakurai is tied up with Kid Icarus: Uprising and his new company.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
To answer your question I hope they don't make one, but if they do I would probably end up buying it because even a sucky smash bros would be better than most the crap out there. I don't want them to make it though because I think it would worsen the smash bros name. It's a home console game.

Enraged Psycho...really? Using Halo as an example? The first Halo was OFFLINE and ALL 4 of them are CONSOLE games. If Online capability is what everyone wants then wait for them to do it well (brawl online sucks monkey) on a home console.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
They were non-toon?
They were non-toon characters. The only ones to be toons were Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. Oracle of Seasons/Age (god, I love those games) were more akin to - say - Majora's Mask in terms of character designs. Come to think of it, the only characters I can think of from those games that can be made playable are Din, Nayru, Farore, Veran, or General Onox. As for Link, unless they incorporate some of his Oracle of Seasons/Ages abilities into a character, I'm sure he'll act no different than Young Link.

IYM!

Smash Lord
would be nice see a remake of SSB64, that is the original, and is very technical for being the first attemp of smash

brawl is too easy, and melee too much complicate to be in a portable sistem.

i thing smash 64 is the balance. would be nice see that game with new graphics, 5 new characters and 5 new stages. new modes of game, like an adventure mode, maybe a thing more complex than melee adventure and less extence than SSE.

A good adition for this game would be a sistem like, a rival searcher, for example, if the concole find a rival close to you, you can check in your 3DS and have a fight with him.

I thing than a pokemon game had this sistem before

just my opinion, would be nice have a portable smash for kill the time on the bus, at the breaks in the university, or play outside your console.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman

Personally, I would like to see a Melee port with updated Vault and wifi features similar to Brawl.
EDIT: On second thought, I would also agree to port Brawl if it had faster gameplay.

If a game was developed, would you buy it?

-Yes
-No

I say yes

What about the director?

-Keep Sakurai
-A new one from Nintendo
-A completely new director

Personally, I would like to see what Miyamoto can come up with, seeing how Sakurai is tied up with Kid Icarus: Uprising and his new company.
A new Super Smash Bros. title for the 3DS in my opinion.

Yeah, I would buy it.

A new director that knows how to make a game like Smash to be accessible to casuals and still have enough competitive depth to keep your competitive gamer satisfied. But still keep Sakurai around to give some insight since he made all three Smash games.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

It has been stated often that Brawl is an unfinished game that should have been tweaked/balanced before being released. Snake was supposed to be lighter, MK to be a bit worse, Peach to have a normal airdodge, Ganondorf to have an auto-canceled Fair etc and the game was supposed to have a bit more hitstun.

It would be nice to see the finished product for the 3DS, with this time GOOD, lagless online play, at least in 1v1, but preferably at all conditions of course. For the more casual audience better story would be satisfying as well. Subspace Emissary sucked story-wise and gameplay-wise.

I used to want this to happen, but think about it. The best thing about Smash Bros is four people huddled around a TV drinking Mountain Dew and cursing at each other while beating each other up with cartoons. You take away the whole frenzied 1 console experience and you take away what Smash is all about (to me).
Disagreed. See: Mario Kart Wii/DS.

:053:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
They should remake Brawl into something like Brawl+ (or just use it lol).I prefer Melee as a game, but Brawl would be a better experience on a handheld. Of course, for B+ like Brawl to happen, Sakurai cannot not know about this game until release date.

4nace

Smash Ace
Pokemon Smash Bros. Would be amazing. All 150 of the originals with a decent amount of clones. Low poly models but attacks with big hitboxes and lots of lag. Hell, get rid of the special button and make the A moves do everything.

I would play that game SO HARD.

-4nace

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Hell if they'd port any one of the SSB games, I'd go for melee. I never really played against anyone else besides my brother so playing online with SSBM would be really fun.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I saw Rosalina then I was like ".-."

It sounds possible, but it needs more thought, but the rest looks fine however.

SuperEnigmation

Smash Rookie
Yyyyyo. I'm new here, but not to Super Smash Bros. To give my feedback on this topic: I would agree with CaptainFalcon9000. Super Smash Bros. is meant for home consoles. I'm not sure if it would be good on a portable...

FIRST POST.

Top Bottom