• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

cb_marth

Smash Ace
halo 2 was much better than ssbm. wait any longer and it will turn out bad like twilight princess.

That may be your opinion. Yet Halo 2 and Super Smash Bros Melee were almost the same...Melee was number 1 in many standings and states for years after its release. Also Zelda Twilight Princess was not bad at all. It was a really good game. It was one of the first games out for the Wii so of course it will not be the top Wii game out...like Brawl will be but for what they worked with it's great.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
2 ****ing moths back!!!!!!!!!
what the hell.
it is bad enough that the wii has no good games, but now they make us wait until february for a good one.
Hey man, your entitled to your opinion, but stop complaining. They are trying to make the game better. They are making the replay value go even higher. They are adding new features, new stuff to make this game truly mind blowing. And therefore they are not making us wait till Feb. for a good game, but for a GREAT game.

Baha

Smash Cadet
Again with the 'its okay it'll make the game better'
I am just amazed at how silly and naive people really are

Baha

Smash Cadet
That may be your opinion. Yet Halo 2 and Super Smash Bros Melee were almost the same...Melee was number 1 in many standings and states for years after its release. Also Zelda Twilight Princess was not bad at all. It was a really good game. It was one of the first games out for the Wii so of course it will not be the top Wii game out...like Brawl will be but for what they worked with it's great.
According to the people here 'more time = better games' Twilight Princess had a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, it wasn't great at all, seemed like an Ocarina of Time with better graphics (in fact kinda worse with the wolf thing and link not having magic).
It was also short and too easy. Oh I bet they didn't have enough time to make the game better (sarcasm) they only delayed it 7 times and pushed it into a new-gen console -_-

-Kirby-

Smash Rookie
Ah... new Kirby. we'll have to wait longer. lol. The makes me upset but at least when the game comes out it will be AWESOME. But I hope they're not delaying the game to fix bugs that have to do with "sticker" and trophies and screenshots. No offense to the makers but people play the game for the fighting and picking characters not "stickerS".

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
According to the people here 'more time = better games' Twilight Princess had a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, it wasn't great at all, seemed like an Ocarina of Time with better graphics (in fact kinda worse with the wolf thing and link not having magic).
It was also short and too easy. Oh I bet they didn't have enough time to make the game better (sarcasm) they only delayed it 7 times and pushed it into a new-gen console -_-
Totally agree with this. Personally, just coz Twilight Princess got an 8.9 (was it?), people start whining. I think it deserved 8.9. It was good, but yes the bosses were too easy, the dungeons had the occasional tough puzzle, and there wasn't the great range of weapons and exploration as Ocarina of Time had.

Still prefer Ocarina of Time to it.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Well, at least it gives people more time to get a Wii before the game comes out. I was still looking forward to the December 3rd date.

errtu

Smash Apprentice
Totally agree with this. Personally, just coz Twilight Princess got an 8.9 (was it?), people start whining. I think it deserved 8.9. It was good, but yes the bosses were too easy, the dungeons had the occasional tough puzzle, and there wasn't the great range of weapons and exploration as Ocarina of Time had.

Still prefer Ocarina of Time to it.
I totally agree with you man. they delayed the **** game a thousand times, i even bought the stupid gamecube just to be able to play that game and melee. and it just kept being delayed over and over. in the end it was a very good game but not great. now they delay smash brawl :mad: it's just so **** annoying i could throw my wii to the garbage **** IT!

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
You guys ought not compare the delay of this game to twilight princess. Both were/are delayed for diffrent reasons.

First off, twilight princess, like many of miyamotos games, had at least one point in development where they pretty much completly started over from scratch. This can make the dev time ridiculously longer. Secondly, the reason why it was delayed from late 2005 or whatever to 2006 was because of company politics, as they wanted to have it be a wii game. Of course, the wii wasnt coming out until late 2006, and they didnt want to release the nearly complete gc game until the wii one was ready too. The period between, oh, march 06 and it coming out was pretty much them converting it into a wii game, while very little actual development was being done, indeed, it was probably pretty much done months before it was out.

Finally, many of the games flaws arnt as easily fixed by simply "adding extra dev time". The games design was pretty much decided upon from the start, and theres no signs of any areas being "incomplete" or anything. From the looks of it, the game was exactly as they wanted it. As said, the reason fro the delay was because they wanted it on the wii.

Brawl is diffrent. It isnt story based and structered, its based heavily around content, most of which can be added arbitrarly, and extra development time means they are adding more stuff. Extra characters, stages, events, subspace levels, animations, trophies and modes. It also means more balance testing. And if you really want an example why they want to put more time into it, look at melee, which had about one 3rd of its cast being clones, and modes like adventure, allstar and event were lacking depth.

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
Twilght Princess was a good game, but to me it just...well...it didn't really feal like Zelda...I don't know, there's a special fealing you get when you play Zelda games, and it's here, but in a lesser way...maybe it's just me.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
if they give us a demo we can download onto our wii's on dec 3 i will be alright with the delay as long as we get to play it for a while before the game come out

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
Im still a bit angry about the delay. Still, its for the better.

And yes, a demo would be nice.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh, I forgot that Wii's had online capabilities XD

A small demo would be pwnage. You know, with like 12 chars and 8 stages or somethin. Just the VS mode. I'd LOVE that.

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
If there is a demo to be put out online, it will most likely be smaller than the current one we've seen, due to size constraints. Im thinking only like 8 characters TOPS and 4 stages tops, with only a few items. Even then it would take a while to load.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I thnk we can all agree that we dont' have to worry about the game being delayed over and over, and then turning out not to meet our expectations. Why? Beacuse it seems to me like Brawl has surpassed most expectations. At least mine.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
HA HA HA the game has already been through the ESRB. They're not delaying it to make it better because it's already better, it's purely for marketing purposes

SHINE FX

Smash Apprentice
I'm still pretty pissed about the change in release date, but to be honest, I'd rather it be delayed another 3 months or so (because February 10th is nearing the end of school) now. A holiday release would have been nice, but now, with little time to play it, Brawl might as well be an (early) summer release.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Imagine having to wait till February to get Brawl?!?

Gosh!

We PAL region players have it easy!
We have it far from easy!!

If the Americans get it on Feb 10th, then if we don't get it on the same date, we'll probably end up wating another month!

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
well, the boxart is cool. I dont think they should limit it to a download. what if in decembers Nintendo Power they released a demo disc with a couple of characters, stages and items. and you could download it, if you dont get Nintendo Power. I say we write in to Nintendo Power about it...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
LOL... and then everyone at Nintendo Power would have to right to Nintendo/Sakurai's team about it, asking for a demo disc per magazine.........LOL

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
After considering all those, I still think the most plausable thing would be a downloadable demo, but a really short one with like 8 chars and a few stages, like sdhonda said.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm still waiting for smash 64 for on Virtual console so i can have a reason to actually have a classic controller until brawl comes out

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
i will probably never have a classic controller. lets say you get internet, buy a game, then lose internet... can you still play the game you bought?

classic games that you buy on wiishop

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
Yes. Everything on there stays on the wiis internal memory. The only exception would have been that metriod preveiw thingy, which the program you download is just an application that streams video.

Relean

Smash Cadet
They would have to let gamers boot the demo from an SD card, because it would use up a lot of the Wii's internal memory.

I'm pretty sure an update would enable us to do that.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Hmm well it depends how much Hard Drive space the Wii has alone, without an SD card.

I'm hopin for a small VS demo now with a few chars and 1 or 2 stages. That'd satisfy most people and not be too big in file size.

maximus

Smash Apprentice
I don't even have a Wii as of now, and it doesn't seem as though getting one will be easy. So, I see the delay as an opportunity to play catch up; it certainly must be a sorry habit of Nintendo's for the rest of you, who have been waiting patiently, probably after pre-ordering Brawl and all that.

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
i think we should think of something to get them to make a demo for wii shop channel and then download it

Top Bottom