• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Points to Uchiharakiri's post, Hell freaking right!!! Totally agreed. I want a full explanation as to why these delays happens. Then I ask myself to try to forgive sakurai.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Meh, the only problem I have with the delay is that its right before my finals now.

Otherwise, I don't really mind.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
So he's corny and a liar....a little messed up don't you think?

Its the truth anit it? :laugh: Its f'up for the pro and others waiting to pay 50$ plus tax only to have him pull rabbits outta his #@! and say"Were gonna make the game better silly! tee heh ^^" :embarrass Damm Fisher Price speeches he gives everynight after like 95% of the people who look know what the hell it is anyhow.The hell is up with that?

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
North American Release date: MARCH 9, 2008
Japan Release Date: JANUARY 31, 2008

Coen edit again:

The date we've all been waiting for, is December 03 changed to 'To Be Determined' February 10 now. May I remind you that this is the North-America release date though, not the PAL or Japanese.

As you can see on the main page: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html
The release date you can find on the left below the move links.

So the date HAS been pushed back, it's been confirmed today (12/10/07). But like Sakurai said, more time means more development, ultimately resulting in a better game.
WHAT?!.....why?:(

MRun

Smash Cadet
All I'm saying is that if there was a delay, there was a reason for it. Developers don't just say, "To hell with release! I'll just take my sweet time with this!" Our best reason thus far is in fact the WOD shortage, which Sakurai has no control over.

I'm not defending the delay in the least; it is not a good thing. I'm upset about the delay. You're upset about the delay. I don't know of anybody who would not upset about the delay without an ulterior motive. So... What are we going to do about it? You have every right to be angry about this, but what's the point of complaining to people who can't speed up the process? What's the point of complaining to people who are so centered on their own distress that they don't care about yours?

Crap like this happens. It's a fact of life. You get angry at it. It's another fact of life. The next steps are what people don't seem to do so easily: Accept it and prepare for something worse. Don't waste time mismanaging your frustration by spamming up Smashboards, GameFAQs, Wikipedia, or any other site on which your rants would clutter the page and interfere with other users' trying to use the site. Open a Myspace or something. Let it go by yourself or let it out in front of someone who cares, and then prepare for the worst.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Obviously Nintendo doesn't give a **** about anyone outside of their little island.

Edit: It's Nintendo I am mad at. Sakurai probably had little involvement in this. Nintendo, CLEAN UP YOUR F***ING ACT!

WarxePB

Smash Ace
It angers me that Japan only has to wait a few more days, while NA has to wait another month, and those poor people in the PAL regions don't even have a release date.

But, honestly, we'll get over it. We got over the Feb 10th delay, and we'll get over this one. But if there's another delay... I will personally throw Sakurai and his staff off a building and shout "You must recover".

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I honestly think we WILL GET ANOTHER DELAY. It seems inevitable, seeing as how much they treat us with s***. They're treating us almost as bad as Europeans and Australians now. And we got a **** update to acomidate it! "O BOY, A PREDICTABLE STAGE that's probably BROKEN!" Honestly though, f*** Nintendo sidways, because Microsoft pwns their a**es. Ya, Halo 3 was worldwide in a week. This delay is the stupidest s*** I've heard of. Nintendo doesn't give a s*** about anyone outside of their little island. I'm actually expecting us to get the game in late March or early April now.

Edit: "they need to make it english" BS! They have all the talking down, and there really is not talking in smash, EVER! They're done with all 6 languages, or at least almost done.

"The need to fix bugs in the Japanese version" Fix it over online, then.

"It takes a while to make that many discs" Then delay the game in Japan further, and make it for everyone to have it at the same time. Nintendo sucks with their international fanbase, because they ignore us, and treat us like dirt. I'm sick of it, and honestly if we see another delay, Nintendo is going to lose this generation of gaming, guarenteed. They may have won Japan, but they've almost lost America. Also, Halo 3 was all over the world in a week, and MGS4 comes out everywhere at the same time. TOP THAT NINTENDO!

Uchiharakiri

Smash Journeyman
All I'm saying is that if there was a delay, there was a reason for it. Developers don't just say, "To hell with release! I'll just take my sweet time with this!" Our best reason thus far is in fact the WOD shortage, which Sakurai has no control over.

I'm not defending the delay in the least; it is not a good thing. I'm upset about the delay. You're upset about the delay. I don't know of anybody who would not upset about the delay without an ulterior motive. So... What are we going to do about it? You have every right to be angry about this, but what's the point of complaining to people who can't speed up the process? What's the point of complaining to people who are so centered on their own distress that they don't care about yours?

Crap like this happens. It's a fact of life. You get angry at it. It's another fact of life. The next steps are what people don't seem to do so easily: Accept it and prepare for something worse. Don't waste time mismanaging your frustration by spamming up Smashboards, GameFAQs, Wikipedia, or any other site on which your rants would clutter the page and interfere with other users' trying to use the site. Open a Myspace or something. Let it go by yourself or let it out in front of someone who cares, and then prepare for the worst.
Then we at the least are entitled to an explanation of why theres a delay when every other explanation seems illogical. WOD shortage is mere speculation as well, since Sakurai himself said "Completion of the game", why would he have a need to lie to us and say it's about the game when it's WOD shortage, something he would clearly be made aware of since he's an integral part of the creation process, if there's a delay, we would at least deserve the truth; AT THE LEAST.

As for my opinion, and the point of me expressing it here...? If I was wrong to assume that other people here who are as disappointed in me don't care to know others are feeling the same way, then let me know if I was, and let me know.

Machineking1313

Smash Cadet
Duke Nukem 4 has been delayed since April 1997 and is still TBA, so it isnt near as bad as the Duke Nukem fans are concerned.

Funny thing about Duke Nukem 4 is that renamed the game to Duke Nukem 4ever. And the release date is now "Whenever it gets done."

So, wait the extra 28 days folks, it will fly by fast. I think back to how long ago October 11th felt, the day the game was delayed 69 days. That hurt a lot more than 28 days....even though this still sucks lol

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Obviously Nintendo doesn't give a **** about anyone outside of their little island.

Edit: It's Nintendo I am mad at. Sakurai probably had little involvement in this. Nintendo, CLEAN UP YOUR F***ING ACT!

Yeah man,and the U.K dudes..just wow,they werent even given a release date yet for crying out loud.Thats some major bull@#$% there.As for me tho,I kinda have setted a "just in case Nintendo become little girls"list of things to do to pass time off until at least Feb 10(Watch the rest of the Football season up until the Pro Bowl,lol).

After that,I dunno wtf to do.And my birthday is on the 7th to boot,which fired me up even more + adding to the fact that Dallas lost 2 days ago.. :mad: :embarrass But yeah,there has to be some sort of explantion unless Sakurai wants to give us something thats not gonna be as buggy as the Japanese version.Ill tell you what tho,I bet you even Mic 128 or Gimpyfish will tell you that version is gonna be more fun. :laugh:

Anyhow,Iam not gonna say nothing when Feb comes,watch the bull@#$% lies come in and us getting another epic update"Iam sorry,A Wii remote bug has been reported therefore...oh you know the drill...DELAYED until..hmm ok...TRAILER OF US JAPANESE PLAYING LMFAO!"

Ezatoa

Smash Rookie
It angers me that Japan only has to wait a few more days, while NA has to wait another month, and those poor people in the PAL regions don't even have a release date.
YEAH!
We PAL-users are dying to know the release date!
We think it's unfair that we always have to be the last to get something!
before I get Brawl, all Japan and American players will know EVERY trick and glich in the game, and they'll use that against me and the other PAL-users!
We'll never catch up with you guys, thus making the game unfair!
for a game that will mostely be played online, a World-wide release should be there!
Everyone should (sorry Japan and America) get Brawl at the exact same date, so that the game'll be played by the whole world at that very day (thus making the nintendo Brawling server crash)

But, honestly, we'll get over it. We got over the Feb 10th delay, and we'll get over this one. But if there's another delay... I will personally throw Sakurai and his staff off a building and shout "You must recover".
Good one!
let's see how well he does...

Anyway....
If its out in Japan it won't take long before everbody else get it........
I mean, if Japan released it, they wouldn't be able to change it, would they?

If they want to update Brawl to make it the best game ever, yeah well, it already is the best game ever.......
But still.... They COULD make it update itself over WIFi, can't they?

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
No man its terrible i mean the day we PAl users get brawl people will already be masterminds starting us at an unfair disadvantage to begin with. Why a worldwide release date was not added we will never know.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Hey let's look at it from the bright side: If there are bugs or glitches in the japanese version which are found after Jan 31th, they will probably be fixed until March and America has a better version! :p

And Europa will have an even better version 3 months later... :(

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
But think about it every single smash game we got it at least 3-4 months after america and the one with online doesn't have a worldwide release date which means if i think about playing online I'm smoked.

Ezatoa

Smash Rookie
No man its terrible i mean the day we PAl users get brawl people will already be masterminds starting us at an unfair disadvantage to begin with. Why a worldwide release date was not added we will never know.
As far as I can remember, there were WW release dates for some Nintendo stuff...
but usually the americans tend to get impatient and sell the stuff BEFORE they're supposed to..
(no problem, its usually just 3 days to early)

but yeah it is terrible, I mean Europeans and Australians will be OWNED by that time.. and it's even worse:
The playstyle of Brawl will differ alot from SSBM (as SSBM did from SSB)
so we can't practice for Brawl with Melee!
THATS UNFAIR!
if you have any sense of honour, buy brawl when it's fuly released (just kidding)
I'll read here to know everything and every technique for brawl! I mean,
you'll figure those out and when Brawl is out in Europe, there'll be faqs with tips and strategies everywhere!
so we'll have a push in the right direction

Ezatoa

Smash Rookie
Hey let's look at it from the bright side: If there are bugs or glitches in the japanese version which are found after Jan 31th, they will probably be fixed until March and America has a better version! :p

And Europa will have an even better version 3 months later... :(
Meaning, we wont be able to use glitches to our advantage, but you will!

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
The only thing with a worldwide release date recently was halo 3 i mean why cant nintendo take note and release it everywhere the same day? I mean i know Pal has multiple languages but this is so terrible 3 months! To do what??

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
I think the delay has to do with demand. Have you seen the numbers for preorders? It is unreal. Preorders are going for $20 plus in the U.S. I have never heard of a Nintendo game with preorder sales that high. I think they were really worried about having enough copies to meet demand. At the same time, it gives them a chance to tweak the game more, maybe get the WiFi play down. And no, I would not expect additional content to be added, so for those hoping they add in something extra for the delay, forget it.

Patience, everyone, the game will come out and it will be great. Unless you have unreal expectations of the game making sweet, sweet love to you...

spindash

Smash Ace
**** you, Masahiro Sakurai. ****. You. -_-;

I really shouldn't be this ridiculously upset but this is an outrage in my eyes.

The sad part is that I can tell the creators off all that I want, but it won't make a god**** difference because I'll end up still saying that Nintendo rocks and that Brawl's the greatest still.

I hate that they do this to the fans. I really do. What a ****ing blowoff. Screw you, Sakurai. Screw you.

I'll likely forget about this all in due time. Whatever.

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
**** IT!!!!! >:(

I am so pissed......SO ****** pissed right now.

Oh and look at the Japanese's release date. They only have to wait 5 more days!!!!! >:(

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
I think the delay has to do with demand. Have you seen the numbers for preorders? It is unreal. Preorders are going for $20 plus in the U.S. I have never heard of a Nintendo game with preorder sales that high. I think they were really worried about having enough copies to meet demand. At the same time, it gives them a chance to tweak the game more, maybe get the WiFi play down. And no, I would not expect additional content to be added, so for those hoping they add in something extra for the delay, forget it.

Patience, everyone, the game will come out and it will be great. Unless you have unreal expectations of the game making sweet, sweet love to you...

Right now....I think people are mad at the fact that the Japanese only suffered a 5 day delay.....-_-'

Nemar Pott

Smash Journeyman
Meh somehow I saw this coming..... It almost makes you wanna laugh inside.

LOL Aki-toriko just made the most epic post of the year!

Stalky

Smash Cadet
Won't happen, else the versions wouldn't be compatible online.

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
I am NOT happy to hear that on the day I thought I'd be camping out waiting for Brawl's relase, I'll be sitting here waiting for it to just be a month away again. This is extremely disappointing and I would not be surprised if this hurts sales to some extent. I know that I, for one, am not as excited I was before this delay. It has gone from eager anticipation to just irritably waiting around for whenever they finally get the game on shelves.

What really sucks is that next time we're this close, I'm not going to be able to get my hopes up about it. This kills a LOT of the hype for me.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Meh somehow I saw this coming..... It almost makes you wanna laugh inside.
its really funny because a few days ago many "prophets" were saying "Brawl is delayed until march!!" and soon those threads were closed by the mods.

though this is disappointing one of my friends kept saying that they're going to delay brawl again because heck its nintendo and they ALWAYS delay their games (maybe there are a few that don't but alot of them do)

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Right now....I think people are mad at the fact that the Japanese only suffered a 5 day delay.....-_-'
I know what you mean. But that really is not surprising. The demand is waaaayyyyy higher in America. It could also be a translation issue, but I highly doubt it.

And I still feel like it does not make a difference on Europe's release date even though it was never set.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
It doesnt they never actually had europe ontheir prioties, I dont think us guys in europe were affected one bit, well at least we get a perfect finish game then right?

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Wow........F*ck Nintendo, f*ck Sakurai, and f*ck this whole game.......

At least Halo 3 stuck to it's schedule........Nintendo fails once again.....
I agree man plus halo 3 was a worldwide release date, europe have to wait long and then its unpunctual for nintendo to keep making delays and falling behind schedule.

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
**** sakurai....**** THIS ****

now we'll know the whole ****ign game before it comes out and the game will never be as great in most of our eyes..WE will be sooo familiar with this game coem march 9th, that it wont leave as lasting an impression as it once could have...

I might be doen with NINTENDO...**** YOU SAKURAI YOU ****ING CHINK!

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Halo 3 did stick to its schedule... of sucking!

Hahaha, just kidding... sort of. I am not a big fan of Halo. I am very spoiled about FPSs (mouse and keyboard is a must for me)

And yes, I think it is nice to know that they are committed to such a high quality for the game, even if it is annoying to go through another delay.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
**** sakurai....**** THIS ****

now we'll know the whole ****ign game before it comes out and the game will never be as great in most of our eyes..WE will be sooo familiar with this game coem march 9th, that it wont leave as lasting an impression as it once could have...

I might be doen with NINTENDO...**** YOU SAKURAI YOU ****ING CHINK!
You, sir, should be banned from these forums. Grow up.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
All I can say is that they better be using this time to create better stuff, and by better, I mean more characters and stages.....there is no exceptional reason for this delay unless they found a huge bug or if they decided to add more content.

And if we get a sh*tty roster out of this, then I've lost faith for Nintendo and Sakurai......
I know! Its not like they found out after every match the game Glitches, because if its that i'll understand but I feel for the N.Americans i mean i live in europe we dont have a promised release date but if your going to say something Nintedo from now on you better mean it!

Top Bottom