• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
Wow... just wow.

You have to admit, the gap between the Japan release and US release still isn't as bad as it used to be - remember the days when popular games would hit the US more than a year after it's been out in Japan? But then again, we didn't have the Internet back then to get us uber-hyped over the games - just static magazines like Nintendo Power.

I'm still in shock, but put this in perspective people: the delay could've been MUCH worse.

~Old Man Nintendo

Metalknux

Smash Ace
You people sure are acting very immature about the subject. Have you considered the possible shortage in optical disc for the game production? Have you considered the Wii shortages in the United States? Try viewing this delay from an economical standpoint instead of complaining. It's possible that the produced amount would be enough to meet Japanese demands. Nintendo wouldn't hold off their bombshell for no reason.

Be mature about it and wait. Letting a game manipulate you just makes you as pathetic as the company developing this game for your pleasure. There is more to this than money, for they could have thrown the game at us half done, and we would have gladly accepted it. You guys are acting as you're not going to buy the game regardless.

Besides, this is a great time for active competitive melee players.
By the way, I typed this on my Wii. I'm that feed up with immaturity.
The only reason I'm mad is because these delays keep ruining my plans. When it was coming out Dec 3rd, I was glad because I was going on a huge vacation for Christmas with my cousins. When it was Feb 10, I was glad because luckily my school is having an 8th grade 3 day field trip in Florida starting Feb 24th. Three of my best friends who happen to play smash we're going to be in my room. Now this. If there was really such a big problem with completion why the hell was the Japanese version only delayed a week? You can't tell me they delayed it to finish translating, unless Nintendo of America is a group of lazy *******s who haven't even been working on it until now. And Falco sure as hell better be in this. I really don't care for Brawl at all anymore, it will probably never be released.

Deka~Fox

Smash Cadet
I gotta say that I am genuinely letdown. Like *Sigh*

I will be all over these boards seeking out any tidbits about the Japanese version b/c waiting another month as opposed to a couple weeks is a good amount of time.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Delays do not hurt sales...tehy increase sales, more people ahve time to hear about hte game...And i said grow a pair becuase your acitng like a girl..yes, the racial slur may have ben out of line, but don't downplay this ****...Its ****ing horse ****.
Correction, delays CAN hurt sales. See Halo 2 for Vista.

And how was I acting like a girl? Now you are being sexist....

XxAlucardxX

Smash Cadet
nice, the delay is awesome...i hope it gets delayed to January on next year..that way we can never play and when January arrives please delay it to November of 2009

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
wow...unhappy people...well Now I have some time to restart new games on some of my old games...whee...*cough* Krystal better be in now >>..

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
As for whether this hurts sales in this case I do not think it will. I am almost completely sure the delay has to do with meeting demand, especially in the U.S. It would be a great time to buy stock in Nintendo, not that it hasn't been a great time to do that already.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
This whole thing is... pointless. Spamming the boards here does nothing, and if you really want to make a statement, e-mail nintendo. Posting &$$% $$#% %&&& and @!%$# you (*@# won't do anything because the smashboards aren't the most recognized place for nintendo to come across your opinions.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Anyone else think that they delayed the game release because they discovered from observations of the demo how characters still need more work to be balanced perhaps?

Revven

FrankerZ
My plans for February are ruined now. I have to move the plans to March now, which is ridiculous and far closer to Spring break... I guess in one way it's good (Spring break close by) and in another it's bad. Notice how it is releasing on Sunday, AGAIN. God dammit, why do we have to put up with the updates for another month and a week? At least we'll know everything by the end of the month... I hope.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else think that they delayed the game release because they discovered from observations of the demo how characters still need more work to be balanced perhaps?
Nope, seeing that Japan is only delayed by a week, I doubt they can tweak characters with that kind of time. I think the game is basically done, but they need more time to make discs to meet demand.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
This is actually great news. Now I have even more time to catch up on some games BUT, Im still pissed that Japan gets it a month earlier then us.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
This is actually great news. Now I have even more time to catch up on some games BUT, Im still pissed that Japan gets it a month earlier then us.
Hahaha, I would not go that far. It isn't GREAT news, but.... well... it is what it is.

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
I was really hoping to be able to control myself, resist the pull of the internet for the 2 weeks between the 24th and 10th. But 1 month, 8 days? I'm gonna have to expose myself to spoilers. >.<

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
It's just good to know some people can see the positive side :). So many people are complaining [and I don't blame them] but there's hopefully good reason for this delay. Yes it could be content, but I agree with most that it's due to demand and meeting needs.

I understand it's tough for those who had things planned for the release, that must be tough, but it's not too much longer. Bide time a little longer, enjoy the hype, kill the fake leakers, and enjoy life. When it comes it'll be worth it, and you know it ^^. If you have the guts to complain about it, that's really your problem haha. Enjoy the game, there seems to be enough of it.

-- Andy

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
This make no **** sense Japan gets brawl Jan 31st!!! and we get it more than a month later now... Thank you lazy japan game creators.

Eszett

Smash Cadet
I'll just quote my reply from the Brawl thread at Serebii...

"...why is North America acting so ridiculous? You'll get the game eventually. No amount of complaining will solve this, and, in the end, you'll end up buying it anyway. Find something else to occupy your time; you can still bate your breath for the release."

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
*Gotta go ranting again, sorry.*

This is ****ing ****! I'm sorry to everyone with high hopes on this, but there's just no way Sakurai could make up for this.
Think about it, today's update was another crappy and banworthy stage to "Cushion the fall", another 15 second presantation, if at all, just won't do anymore, not with us already seeing(And for some even experiencing) the game ourselves, another month delay also means another month of filler updates, the fact that the 3rd 3rd party character wasn't revealed today tells us that it had nothing to do with the delay, a playable demo, just like next time is not possible, and with their ****ing caution of pedos there's no way we're getting a headset either.

Seriously, I just don't see what else they can do to get us to understand why we get another ****ing month when Japan remains nearly uneffected.

Top Bottom