• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
I'll just quote my reply from the Brawl thread at Serebii...

"...why is North America acting so ridiculous? You'll get the game eventually. No amount of complaining will solve this, and, in the end, you'll end up buying it anyway. Find something else to occupy your time; you can still bate your breath for the release."
Ah, someone with sense x.x people are making themselves so blind to the truth it's ridiculous. Okay so I can talk, being in the UK, so of course I'm going to be more understanding, but really it's how it is.

Thank you for quoting that Eszett [who I recognise off Serebii actually ^^].

-- Andy

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
I'll just quote my reply from the Brawl thread at Serebii...

"...why is North America acting so ridiculous? You'll get the game eventually. No amount of complaining will solve this, and, in the end, you'll end up buying it anyway. Find something else to occupy your time; you can still bate your breath for the release."
Hahahaha, the first time I read "Find something else to occupy your time; you can still bate..." I lost it. Then I finished the sentence and I felt ashamed of myself....

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the delay was to be expected. This is Nintendo, but more accurately, this is the video game business. They like to lay on the warm fuzzies, but at the end of the day this is a company. They want to make money.

The delay in Japan is actually pretty funny. A week seems so random, doesn't it? I'm assuming it's merely for production reasons, so they can crank out as many copies for release as possible.

The America one is frustrating as hell, though. I know this isn't the case, but I had figured it was being translated pretty quickly due to the screens on the dojo. Every menu item was in English, as was just about everything else of note. I know there's probably a lot of text in trophies/descriptions/blahblahblah, but I can't imagine it'd take so long.

...oh well.

I have a sneaking suspicious the delay is for another reason entirely. I mean, didn't that PR person more or less confirm the last delay was due to financial reasons? You know, not wanting to compete with their own products in the holiday season?

WiiPlaya77

Smash Cadet
Hahahaha, I was soooo upset...until I looked at our schedule and realized that now it releases the week of Spring Break!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply Divine, no more having to skip classes and rehearsals....

M.K

Level 55
Well, this really pisses me off. Most likely because I've never experienced a game that's been delayed so much. I mean, I really don't see why the **** game needs a month! What could possibly need work? If this game is ****, they have only themselves to blame now! :(

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, this really pisses me off. Most likely because I've never experienced a game that's been delayed so much. I mean, I really don't see why the **** game needs a month! What could possibly need work? If this game is ****, they have only themselves to blame now! :(
lol. I guess you weren't waiting for LoZ: TP.

We are all waiting for Smash Bros... but no one realizes this is Duke Nukem Forever in disguise.

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
I marked up my calendars bad with numbers counting down untill Brawl releases.
Even worse considering the fact that it's right before my brother's birthday and we were hoping to have a tournament kind of thing on that day.
"One month is enough practice time, right?"

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Not for nothing guys but i don't think I'm getting this game anymore. Well, at least not as soon as it comes out. The delay just killed the hype for me.

Oh the updates we are going to get...the updates!

M.K

Level 55
Hahaha, yeah I never waited for LOZ: TP, anyone have the story on that?

I mean, Mario Party 8 was delayed until May, and that sent me steaming.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
LOZ: TP was a painful one to wait for, especially since the final delay was just to make everyone want to buy a Wii. However, I was glad to see how much better Zelda was with the Wii Remote.

Eszett

Smash Cadet
Hahahaha, the first time I read "Find something else to occupy your time; you can still bate..." I lost it. Then I finished the sentence and I felt ashamed of myself....
If I didn't write that, I would have probably picked up on that. :laugh:

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
Nope, seeing that Japan is only delayed by a week, I doubt they can tweak characters with that kind of time. I think the game is basically done, but they need more time to make discs to meet demand.
especiality since north america have more people than japan'

meaning more gamers

Suska

Smash Apprentice
You hear that? Thats the sound of thousands of Smash fans all over the world weeping... including myself...

Allin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it sucks, but it'll be worth it in the end...Hopefully... I had a feeling this would happen after the announced the Demo was ganna be at WHobby Fair...

k-sin

Smash Cadet
The extended time for the North American Market more then likely has something to do with some kind of localization problem at NOA >> Whether it's translations or packaging or who knows what.
Care to explain this NOA to those of us not antiquated with the acronym?

M.K

Level 55
This...sucks... but atleast we have a confirmed release date....right? I wonder why they had to delay it AGAIN though...
February 10th was CONFIRMED. Seriously, they will, and can change release dates in the blink of an eye. That's what Nintendo told me today, with this delay.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
This enrages me to no end. And it's not like we're getting anything extra - the game is done and will be released in Japan shortly. The delay has something to do with localization, and marketing in the U.S. Another month... FINE, I've waited this long; BRING IT ON DELAY!!

gnosis

Smash Lord
I'm usually pretty good with delays... I can handle them optimistically enough, telling myself that it will be a better game for it in the end.

But not this time. Every time I lighten up and think "hey, maybe they'll tweak this or add this", I have to remind myself... the game's really only being extended a week. -Nothing- is going to be tweaked, the game is finished. This sudden doubling on wait time, when the game was so close you could almost taste it, has no silver lining; it's just production or localization issues, things you can't really soothe disappointment with.

Oh well. I guess this gives me more time to have a life before it's consumed by a silly video game.

Trophyhunter

Smash Apprentice
Obviously somewhere where, you havn't been
Hey think about it it could be wi-fi problems would you rather they have kept the release date and had a crappy wi-fi set up or get some kick butt wi-fi!
But a delay can determine whether a game is good or not.
Or maybe it was due to a large number of preorders that Nintendo had a shortage on discs.

Off topic: Thats means all those game stop employees were right O.o

M.K

Level 55
Agreed, I'm sending a crap e-mail to Nintendo. I don't intend for them to DO anything, it's just a perfect way to vent my hatred to someone who actually deserves it.

Hey think about it it could be wi-fi problems would you rather they have kept the release date and had a crappy wi-fi set up or get some kick butt wi-fi!
But a delay can determine whether a game is good or not.
It doesn't matter about WiFi, it'll be crap anyways. Sakurai said it himself, basically.

EDIT: If you want a good kick, go read the instentaneous reactions in the OMG Tonight Prediction Thread at 2:00 AM this morning.

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
I've never seen this many people collectively whining together. Wah wah wah wah, Brawl is delayed another month, waaaah. It's not really that big of a deal. It's only a month. Also, LOL at the people calling Nintendo lazy ****s because of the delay.

Nintendo is known to delay, you never take their release dates as a set in stone date. NEVER. Not even 2 days from release. It's the same story with Blizzard and pretty much all of the great game developers. Delays are inevitable and needed. Get over it.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yep. This delay choked my enthusiasm to death like how Snake can choke guards. Don't let this be like Duke Nukem Forever and Starcraft: Ghost.

Top Bottom