• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl released in Japan today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Hmm....

The cake is a lie. I don't believe it is true :o why have we not heard this yet?

Someone hurry up and buy it/unlock stuff. NOW.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

Well.. I love they sold it yet today :D
They do this here in the US, too. They put up dummy boxes to get people aware that the game exists a few days before release. There are no games in those boxes.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Stores often just get games in early and start selling them early... I remember buying GTA San Andreas a couple days before it came out, did the same thing w/ other popular games too.

That might be a display box though who knows.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
mistake?

there were mistakes with the wii's release, when it came out like, 4 days before launch.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I think it's the real deal! (i mean, early sales are always inevitable!)

THE GREAT TIDE APPROACHES!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOO BUY THIS DANG GAME
BUY BUY BUY IT PLEASE GOD BUY IT

UNLOCK UNLOCK EVERYTHING *UNCLOCK POST VIDS POST VIDS PICTURES OF NEW CHARACTERS PICTURES
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
do it do it do it do it do it do it

SolidSonic

Smash Ace

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

UNLOCK UNLOCK EVERYTHING *UNCLOCK POST VIDS POST VIDS PICTURES OF NEW CHARACTERS PICTURES
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
Well I'd hope the early buyers would actually talk about the game online some.. :urg:

I'm personally not expecting to find out much at first.. It takes time to unlock things when you don't know how to do, +the might not care to post anything on the web.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
They have the cases...

But they don't have the game.

Lay3r C4ke

Smash Rookie
If you look at all the other cases they have price stickers on them, I doubt the store has broken the release date and they're most likely promotional cases on display.

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
edit:
aw wtf, why is the picture not working? >_> It was suppose to be a monkey with a gun...

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
but arent they sealed in plastic? why shuld they be sealed, if nothing was in there?

but does i6t really matter wther the game is out today or on thursday? xD

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Well what kind of store wraps the display cases in plastic if there's nothing inside?

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
but arent they sealed in plastic? why shuld they be sealed, if nothing was in there?

but does i6t really matter wther the game is out today or on thursday? xD
yes, cuz then we wont need to worry about staying alive until thursday to find out whats in brawl or not!

we can die peacefully!

Pandanda

Smash Cadet
Well what kind of store wraps the display cases in plastic if there's nothing inside?
A Japanese store maybe?:laugh:

It's probably promotional, but I'm hoping it's real.

And to share oxyborbs sentiments:

View Post

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Well I'd hope the early buyers would actually talk about the game online some.. :urg:

I'm personally not expecting to find out much at first.. It takes time to unlock things when you don't know how to do, +the might not care to post anything on the web.
Don't the Japanese release a strategy guide for the game at the same time of release? Wouldn't that be faster than unlocking everything manually?

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
kewel, i hope it IS real, i want to see who is in! (i already got my wish, so idc who else is in!)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
It seems like it is there as it isn't a "COMING SOON!" section based on the games around it. If we have Mario Party 8 I'm sure Japan does.
Yep, as well as No More Heroes and Resident Evil UC. Could very well be real.

So why hasn't got it yet? Huh? HUH!?!?

Heliosmash

Smash Rookie
That plastic "wrapper" doesn't appear to totally envelope the box. Probably just a loose cover sleeve. Those boxes might have covers swapped in and out on a regular basis.

Mess

Smash Cadet
They probably have the game in the back, they probably just don't have the game inside the case. There are never any games in the cases. (Unless you buy from a store where they keep games behind glass). Obviosly they got the game in if they have the proper case (assuming that is the real case)

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure they're not wrapped in plastic--That's just the plastic that holds the insert in. :/

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
They do this here in the US, too. They put up dummy boxes to get people aware that the game exists a few days before release. There are no games in those boxes.
thsoe arent dummy boxes. theyr shrinkwrapped with a price tag on it

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
It cant be true, but if it is get us the roster already ! It has been 8 hours !
How "can it not be true".. Games are released early all the time, and I buy games earlier then the release date often myself.

Collectivist skeptic attitude ftl

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Why dummy covers would be shrink wrapped is beyond me. lol.

Dunno how they are doing things in JPN, but at least at my gamestore, they are getting the game maybe three days early, and are selling/shipping about two days earlier... just for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom