• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ renamed to brawl: insert idea here?

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure "vanilla" is a metaphor used originally in sexual connotations. I could be wrong.
It is, but it's also the term for "unhacked".

And I don't know about this anymore, brawl+ is nice and I neither I think people find the + offensive but the game itself.

jalued

Smash Lord
Why is this thread still alive? No change, pl0x
i guess cause people just like to discuss it really.
im not driving it at all, but its an entertaining read and it also seems to be a place for the brawl+ vs melee 2.0 argument (even though i never intended that to happen and know the name will not change), but still nice to offer suggestions :p

DrTran7

Smash Rookie
Brawl Remix

Why "Remix"? Well...

Fisticuffs (People like this because the name sounds so absurd and corny. It has camp value, but we want Brawl+ to sound legitimate and respected.)

Clash (I do like the idea of the 3 games "coming together", but it's awkward to say."

Collision (Sounds like a car accident.)

Showdown (Sounds too wild west.)

Conflict (Cool name, but sounds too much like war.)

Reloaded (I like this. It's similar to "remix", but it's somewhat overused.)

Duel (Same with "showdown.")

Riot (Sounds too juvenile.)

The reason "remix" should be used is because:

- the Brawl+ project aims to re-balance the game much in the same manner that Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix aimed to re-balance itself.
- by associated with Street Fighter, we create a perception a more legitimate and respected fighting game.
- "remix" has a edgey, hip, cool connotation to it. It instantly gives the idea that this is a "new" Brawl.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Super Smash Bros. Allstar ... if it would be possible to add melee charas/stages and 64 stages ^^

Btw = Perfext Game :p

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
The only reason I don't like Brawl+ is because the "+" key doesn't get much recognition around the net. Perhaps naming it Brawl Plus without the sign would be better. Or we we could name it Ultra Smash Bros?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Meh. Brawl: Remix sounds like we are all DJ's, and that is just wierd. I like the Brawl: Sakurai GTFO! the best, lol. Hilarious!

Top Bottom