• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I don't feel like scrolling through 70+ pages to look for something, so I'll just ask here. Can someone send me the Mario texture? I'm going to try editing again now that I got a better program. (It isn't Photoshop, but GIMP should do the trick.)

EDIT: Can I also have the Squirtle and Lucario textures?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Heh heh... No need to check through the whole topic.
Just go to the first post and look for the textures to download. :p

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Ah, good. I understand. Good luck. hexing sonic is soo much a chore.

I did it! Sonic has red eyes with mipmaps! :) Ganondorf's hands work too.
Now I must adapt the new code to 16 colors textures and then I can release the new version.

BTW, anyone knows where is the problem with Sonic's shoes?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Ahh, awesome, congrats!~ :D

With Sonic's shoes... no one knows. It's just like Sonic's fur; whenever you apply white on the fur, it turns pink. His shoes, for whatever reason, are much more difficult. Probably something in his actual .pac file, or one of the .tga that no one has played around with. Who knows.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Why are there broken mask textures for Meta Knight? Was this going to be implemented somehow? Also, what purpose does the nuki, ref, and siro textures have for Meta Knight? I was going to edit the textures, but I need to know what is up with them.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Why are there broken mask textures for Meta Knight? Was this going to be implemented somehow? Also, what purpose does the nuki, ref, and siro textures have for Meta Knight? I was going to edit the textures, but I need to know what is up with them.
With nuki, ref, and siro, if you don't know what they do... don't mess with them. All you need are the "general" textures (.tga files with all the textures on them that you KNOW are apart of the actual character). Those specific files you mentioned play a different role in the character. How, I couldn't say. All I know is that I never mess with those.

And as for Meta Knight's broken mask, that probably was something that was going to be implemented... but was scrapped either due to it being too complex for the programmers to figure out, time being of the essence, or various other reasons. (Captain Falcon has a similar scrapped texture, where part of his helmet and golden eagle emblem are cracked.)

Coins

Smash Cadet
Ahh, awesome, congrats!~ :D

With Sonic's shoes... no one knows. It's just like Sonic's fur; whenever you apply white on the fur, it turns pink. His shoes, for whatever reason, are much more difficult. Probably something in his actual .pac file, or one of the .tga that no one has played around with. Who knows.
Thats the annoying stupid red overlay sonic has.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Thats the annoying stupid red overlay sonic has.
But why does it only overlay on the red parts of his shoes and not the white strip and gold lock? I don't think any other texture can do that. Somehow it's designated for those parts only (just as it's designated for Sonic's fur and not his belly and arms).

Very strange.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Well, I'm not planning on using the textures myself. I don't have a modded Wii and I don't really intend to.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm not planning on using the textures myself. I don't have a modded Wii and I don't really intend to.
You don't need a modded Wii, all you need at the moment is the homebrew channel and backup loader. But in the near future we'll be able to just upload the texture via Gecko OS (homebrew application).

Mumfie

Smash Rookie
It seems that im doing something wrong in this process.

Insert FitPikachu00.pac into ASH folder
Run step1_extract.bat
Edit the .tga files i want in photoshop, (invert as first try) save it over the exact same file.
^Either just one tga files or more.
Run step2_create.bat
Only answering yes on those folders with tga's ive changed resulting in _new.pac

Is there anything that i would need to edit in hex here? I got the rest covered.

Steelia

Smash Champion
It seems that im doing something wrong in this process.

Insert FitPikachu00.pac into ASH folder
Run step1_extract.bat
Edit the .tga files i want in photoshop, (invert as first try) save it over the exact same file.
^Either just one tga files or more.
Run step2_create.bat
Only answering yes on those folders with tga's ive changed resulting in _new.pac

Is there anything that i would need to edit in hex here? I got the rest covered.
Hmm? Have you downloaded the latest version of ASH, v2.1? In that process, all you do is
Run step1_extract.bat;
edit the .tga files;
then simply double-click "step2_create.bat" and it'll spit out a _new.pac AND _new.pcs (the _new.pcs is what you need to play the costumes). If you want to the find the _new files easier, simply look for "Date Modified" (where you have Name, Type, Size, etc. in the folder header).

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
ASH v2.2 released!
http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_dale-color-a-tu-smash-bros_1157762
Compatible with Sonic's eyes, Ganondorf's hands, Toon Link face and some more!

Pharrox, please. Can you update the first post? ASH is compatible with +1/+2 textures since 2.0!

I hope this is the final version at last. Thank you to all :)
(the _new.pcs is what you need to play the costumes)
No, you need BOTH PAC and PCS. If you don't replace the PAC files, original costumes will show up during certain circumstances.

Sky Walker

Smash Rookie
Help me !!

when I click "step1_extract.bat" it will extract the textures and I edit them without any problem

but when I click "step2_create" it will give me this :

I'm using ash 2.2

help me :(:(:(:(

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Help me !!

when I click "step1_extract.bat" it will extract the textures and I edit them without any problem

but when I click "step2_create" it will give me this :

I'm using ash 2.2

help me :(:(:(:(
This error means that maybe you gave a palette to a normal texture.
Did you follow the instructions? You must save the image with 32 bit and without RLE compression.
Are you using Photoshop?
Please tell us everything you can, we need more information so we can help you.

Mumfie

Smash Rookie
There must be something that im doing wrong, after i've edited and made a _new.pac the original and the _new.pac dosn't have any hex differences.

When i run step1 i get an error saying "translated":

FitPikachuShd (13248 bytes)
It already exists a file with the same name or it does not exist.
.\002.brres

Filesize: 13824 bytes
File format: BRES
EOF: 13824
Root size: 88 bytes
Master Tables: 1
Folder: 3DModels(NW4R)Subfolder or file 3DModels(NW4R) already exist.

System cannot find the file.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
There must be something that im doing wrong, after i've edited and made a _new.pac the original and the _new.pac dosn't have any hex differences.

When i run step1 i get an error saying "translated":

.\002.brres

Filesize: 13824 bytes
File format: BRES
EOF: 13824
Root size: 88 bytes
Master Tables: 1
Folder: 3DModels(NW4R)Subfolder or file 3DModels(NW4R) already exist.

These errors are normal.
Reinstall ASH and follow the instructions in the readme file.
It's impossible to get a perfect copy of the PAC file, it seems that you are missing tools.

Mumfie

Smash Rookie
I have TexConv.exe and ntcompress.exe in the folder, but im not sure if i have actually installed ash, whats the install file name?

Sky Walker

Smash Rookie
This error means that maybe you gave a palette to a normal texture.
Did you follow the instructions? You must save the image with 32 bit and without RLE compression.
Are you using Photoshop?
Please tell us everything you can, we need more information so we can help you.
yea i've save it with 32bit without RLE ..

and i'm using photoshop 7 :ohwell:

and I got the .pac file from SSBB DVD5 image by WIIScrubber1.21

Who are you trying to edit, Sky Walker?
Mario ..

I need to make Fly Mario from mario galaxy :(

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
I have TexConv.exe and ntcompress.exe in the folder, but im not sure if i have actually installed ash, whats the install file name?
Do you have all the needed tools?
yea i've save it with 32bit without RLE ..

and i'm using photoshop 7 :ohwell:

and I got the .pac file from SSBB DVD5 image by WIIScrubber1.21

Mario ..

I need to make Fly Mario from mario galaxy :(
There is no install file, you must simply unzip it. Try to unzip it on a clean path (example C:\smash_hack\), and follow the instructions. I can't really tell what can be happening.

Mumfie

Smash Rookie
I have:
TexConv.exe
Ntcompress.exe
ash_step1.pl
ash_step2.pl
cygwin1.dll
perl.exe
perl58.dll
readme.htm
SSBExtract.exe
step1_extract.bat
step2_create.bat
tplsplitter.exe
tplx.exe

Sky Walker

Smash Rookie
Do you have all the needed tools?

There is no install file, you must simply unzip it. Try to unzip it on a clean path (example C:\smash_hack\), and follow the instructions. I can't really tell what can be happening.
also no use x_x

but when i use ash 2.0 and click "step2_create.bat" after edit the texture it will show me this :

and I always click Enter buttun (&)

and look here what happend after that :

there is no _new.pac or _new.pcs :ohwell:

is there any missing file :confused: ?

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Don't you need to press 'y' instead of enter?

So, when I dump the data from my copy of Brawl, do I need to do anything special or use a specific program, or can I just copy the ISO exactly as it is with any program?

ryanguildford

Smash Cadet
yo i have a question i saw a guy do it on youtube and he made a texture of Master Chief
i was wondering if you could proble make a texture of master chief
with mario or even luigi lol it looked kool nintendo saw it and deleted it off youtube tho
so i cant send the link but if u cud make a MASTER CHIEF yud be my hero lol.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't you need to press 'y' instead of enter?
I'd agree with this.

So if, with my lack of photoshop skillz I just downloaded some people's textures, I'd need to use ASH to stick it back into the Brawl files?

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
also no use x_x

but when i use ash 2.0 and click "step2_create.bat" after edit the texture it will show me this :

and I always click Enter buttun (&)

and look here what happend after that :

there is no _new.pac or _new.pcs :ohwell:

is there any missing file :confused: ?
Please read the readme file. You are missing tools.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
I have:
TexConv.exe
Ntcompress.exe
ash_step1.pl
ash_step2.pl
cygwin1.dll
perl.exe
perl58.dll
readme.htm
SSBExtract.exe
step1_extract.bat
step2_create.bat
tplsplitter.exe
tplx.exe
Are the _new.pac exactly the same as the original? It's impossible to get a copy of the original PAC if you modified at least one image. Try to extract with ASH _new.pac and see if the images were changed.

Sky Walker

Smash Rookie
Please read the readme file. You are missing tools.
oh hell :dizzy:

I haven't seen the readme file (&)" ..

I'm downloading the missing file now ;)

thanx a lot

Edit : I downloaded the missing files!!

ash 2.2 work 100% NOW :D

You don't need to type "y" when you click step2_create.bat

it will do it automatically

I'll test the texture later =]

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
I'd agree with this.

So if, with my lack of photoshop skillz I just downloaded some people's textures, I'd need to use ASH to stick it back into the Brawl files?
You'll need a program called WiiScrubber for that. Get version 1.21, everything below doesn't work and everything above is glitchy.

With Wiiscrubber you can open the brawl iso and just simply replace a .pcs file of one the characters costumes.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
You don't need to type "y" when you click step2_create.bat
Yes, only if you modified +1 or +2 textures.
With Wiiscrubber you can open the brawl iso and just simply replace a .pcs file of one the characters costumes.
And the PAC file too. Both are needed, if you replace only the PCS file then the original costume will show up in certain circumstances. So replace both files.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
So, when I dump the data from my copy of Brawl, do I need to do anything special or use a specific program, or can I just copy the ISO exactly as it is with any program?
Does anyone know the answer to this? I downloaded some pac files (I know how to convert to PCS), but i'm not sure what are the proper steps to get it onto a disk. The readme for wiiscrubber says I need a decrypted ISO.

Thanks a lot for any help you guys can offer.

Sky Walker

Smash Rookie
This is my first texture hack :chuckle:

FLY Mario

Does anyone know the answer to this? I downloaded some pac files (I know how to convert to PCS), but i'm not sure what are the proper steps to get it onto a disk. The readme for wiiscrubber says I need a decrypted ISO.

i'm just using wiiscrubber 1.21 to dump .pac file and put the .pac and .pcs from iso ..

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice

Well what you need is a brawl ISO, if you don't have one you can dump it yourself with some homebrew app, forgot the name sorry.
If you already have one the steps are really simple. You just open the iso and open the Partion 2: DATA the fighter folder contains alle the characters costume files, just rightclick on the one you want to replace and select load.

And the PAC file too. Both are needed, if you replace only the PCS file then the original costume will show up in certain circumstances. So replace both files.
Yeah I know but most people are only releasing the .pcs files. Appears to be a common misconception that you only need the .pcs, I was infact told the same originaly.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Well what you need is a brawl ISO, if you don't have one you can dump it yourself with some homebrew app, forgot the name sorry.
If you already have one the steps are really simple. You just open the iso and open the Partion 2: DATA the fighter folder contains alle the characters costume files, just rightclick on the one you want to replace and select load.

Yeah I know but most people are only releasing the .pcs files. Appears to be a common misconception that you only need the .pcs, I was infact told the same originaly.
Well... They release PCS files only because you can decompress them into PAC files, so they save space and bandwidth.

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
Pharrox said:
Do I need a modded Wii to run this hack?
YES, you will need a modchip installed in your Wii (THIS IS REQUIRED, I can't say it enough).
In addition to the modchip, if you have updated your Wii to the latest firmware you will need the Homebrew Channel and a homebrew program called Gecko Region Free, which is found on the Homebrew Channel website (you do not need USB Gecko). If you haven't updated your Wii to the latest firmware, the modchip is all you need.
Might wanna update that. : )

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Oh that's right, I forgot that I downloaded an ISO before. I only have a single-layer dvd burner though. Do I need to get a specific ISO for that, or is it okay if I have the full one that's around 8GB?

Thanks again!

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
If you burn to a dvd+r, the burner will give you warnings but it will burn fine (just hit burn anyway). If you want to burn to a dvd-r you will need a single layer iso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom