• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Awesome stuff, el_refugio, congrats on knocking that one out. :D

Definitely looking forward to the US-compatible one.

ryanguildford

Smash Cadet
yo how do i download textures can any one tell me how or pm me a link towards downloading textures plzzz????
and also were can i find the programs used to make my own textures and the ones to port them to my wii????

ssjkiego

Smash Rookie
this is a dream come true!...who do i have to kill to be able to create my own textures like that?

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
Mark,

can you also change the character names that appear over the portrait? I noticed that cupash seems to make a file with the information for that. Just curious.

And the programs great! Uber job!

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Mark,

can you also change the character names that appear over the portrait? I noticed that cupash seems to make a file with the information for that. Just curious.

And the programs great! Uber job!
Of course you can do it, but you will have to do it manually.
I'm not interested on it.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
So wait, I'm confused. What's the point of this thread? To make it easier to make textures? Is there a way to use the textures without a burned disc yet? Are we still waiting for the release of the new Gecko OS and Phantom Wings/Iggy's texture code?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
People like you and me are waiting for the new Gecko OS. I'll read the guide then and see if it applies. Either way, these are really cool. My friend wants me to get him a Shadow.

ssjkiego

Smash Rookie
textures are a synch once you get it down but...i tried to u know...get rid of zelda's skirt and everything but

it says you need a color of RGB 255 0 255 right? (majenta) well i did that but all i got was...a majenta dress...

any help? by the way im using the ash method

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
textures are a synch once you get it down but...i tried to u know...get rid of zelda's skirt and everything but

it says you need a color of RGB 255 0 255 right? (majenta) well i did that but all i got was...a majenta dress...

any help? by the way im using the ash method
Read the readme file, it explains how to apply transparency. It depends on the texture type. Magenta is used for some textures, alpha channel is used for other textures.

Killgonic

Smash Rookie
can someone help me???????

when I use texconv and set the destination, it says "error: tcverifylists: cannot open (file directory) for read"

where it says "file directory is where the file is on my computer"

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
New to this thread.:chuckle:

Is there a good tutorial or how-to of Brawl texture hacking?
I know nothing about this and would like to get started. I got the downloads from the first post.

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Whenever I use the SSBExtract is gives an Error of: "ARC a subdirectory of file of *File Here* already exists"

Any Help?

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
I've got a little problem with some of Stack Smash's textures. I noticed that PAC files all have the same size, but for example when I make the PAC files for Jiggly's textures, 3 of them are 376kb and the last one (the Falcon texture which looks amazing btw) is 417kb :ohwell:
I'd like to know why does that happen ? And is it a problem if I use this PAC file in the iso if it's not the same size as the others ?
Thanks for helping me :)
(if I remember well, I have the same problème with the Metal Sonic texture)

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ No need to worry about sizes when it comes to PAC and PCS files, Link_enfant. The reason some of Jiggs' PAC/PCS files are slightly bigger than others is because of the excess models she has (her normal has no spare models, whereas Falcon Jigglypuff has the extra HAT, something the normal model doesn't have... same could apply to Pikachu).
Now, if there's a HUGE difference between original file sizes and custom PAC/PCS files (normally differences being about a MB or more), then there's a problem.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
^ No need to worry about sizes when it comes to PAC and PCS files, Link_enfant. The reason some of Jiggs' PAC/PCS files are slightly bigger than others is because of the excess models she has (her normal has no spare models, whereas Falcon Jigglypuff has the extra HAT, something the normal model doesn't have... same could apply to Pikachu).
Now, if there's a HUGE difference between original file sizes and custom PAC/PCS files (normally differences being about a MB or more), then there's a problem.
PAC files should be the same size as the originals.
PCS can be bigger or smaller, but they will work with no problems.

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Cool, I've had some trouble with burning and with SSBExtract (as mentioned on the page before)

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
Is there a possibility that some people work on Melee reskins, now that it's easy to burn the game and play it on Wii ?
I understand why it didn't happen until then, but now that everything looks way easier and since Brawl has already been hacked in many ways, I'd just like to know if that could happen to Melee, I think that would be really amazing :) (for example, new textures of course, and also Ocarina codes instead of AR ones, which take forever to create, and use...)

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Some characters don't really require the .PAC, but they are used in some Solo mode games (if you care).

The ones that do need them to work perfectly in normal Brawls:
-Bowser
-Wario
-Zelda / Sheik
-Samus / Zero Suit Samus
-Pokemon Trainer

Do not bother using PAC files unless its the characters above.

Oh and maybe Yoshi since I had issues with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom