• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl: TAS (Tornado Alley Smash) - Lenexa, KS 9-October

Dnyce

Smash Master

Hey everyone! Fino here trying to kick up a Kansas Monthly up in the KC area. This tournament will be a test venue for the Championship Event for the ksiamo-circuit, so if you come let me know what you think :) As long as we get done on time and everyone is respectful of the venue and the owners I believe we will have a solid place to start hosting tournaments.

Contact Info:
Fino - (913) 787-5282
*If you call and I don't already have your number... I most likely won't answer. Either leave a message or text me.

Venue: Collector's Cache

Date/Time: 9 October 2010
Registration begins at 10 a.m. (full schedule will be added in a couple days) - if you are late to the tournament your venue fee will be increased to $10 total.

Tentative Schedule:
10:00 - Doors Open
Doubles/Singles Registration Begins
Set-up
11:00 - Doubles Registration Ends
11:30 - Doubles Begins
12:00 - Singles Registration Ends
1:00 - Singles Begins (while doubles is finishing up)
5:30 - Doubles and Singles Finals
*Singles will start as Doubles are coming to a close

If you register for Doubles between 11:00-11:30 or register for Singles between 12:00-1:00 you will be considered late and will have to pay an additional $5 venue fee. If you do not come when your match is called you will be Disqualified. Check with the TO if you leave so we can push other matches while you are gone - make sure to check back in so we can get the tournament running as quick a possible.

Address:
13354 College Blvd
Lenexa, KS 66210

Address Specifics: At the intersection of College and Pflumm you will see a Quick Trip. The Collector's Cache is behind it in the corner of the parking lot.

Additional Info:
We will be pressed for time to finish so I will not hesitate to DQ you from matches. The tournament will be run in heats like MLG to be efficient. If we have enough set-ups I will designate a few TVs for friendlies as to not distract the tournament.

There is a QT and a couple food places within walking distance of the venue. Please tell me if you are leaving before you go out.

Fees:
Singles Entry: $10
Doubles Entry: $20
Venue fee: $7

Set-ups:
Please PLEASE please bring full set-ups(wii/tv/ssbb). Set-ups MAKE or break the speed of a tournament, so please help me out.
$2 off venue with a t.v or a wii/ssbb, free with both!

Payout:

Singles:
1-19 players = 80 / 20
20 - 39 players = 60 / 30 / 10
40 - 79 players = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
80-99 players = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
120+ players = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Doubles:
1-9 teams = 80 / 20
10 - 19 teams = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 teams = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 teams = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ teams = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

*Payout calculated after 10% house cut

Rules:

SSBB - Numbered rules are taken straight from MLG (*Changed by TO)

1. No use of Marth’s and Squirtle’s Grab Release Infinites against Ness.
2. No use of King Dedede’s Standing Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
3. Players/Teams who break Gameplay Rules #1-2 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See General Rules #4).
4. No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.
5. No Pausing a Game without *both players' permission.
6. No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.
7. Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.
8. Breaking any of Gameplay Rules #4-7 will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
9. Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection from the venue. Players who are disqualified from the Event won’t receive any Rank Points for their ranking in the Event.
10. In the 1v1 Event, the higher seeded Player must choose their Controller Port first. The lower seeded Player may use any of the remaining Controller Ports.
11. In the 2v2 Event, the higher seeded Team must choose one Controller Port first. The lower seeded Team must then choose two Controller Ports. The higher seeded Team must use the Controller Port that wasn’t chosen.
12. Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for Game 1 of a Match.
13. For Game 1 of each Match, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
14. After the Characters and Stage have been selected for Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-11 (Stage Banning). For Stage Banning, Players may not ban the Stage that has been selected for Game 1. The lower seeded Player will be given the opportunity to select a Stage first. The higher seeded Player will then be given the opportunity to select a Stage.
15. The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game, however, Players may not select a Stage on which they have already won a Game in the Match. The Stage for Games 2-11 can be selected from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages.
16. After the Stage for Game 2-11 has been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.
17. If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. Multiple Tiebreaker Rounds may be used if necessary. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.
18. If the Timer runs out and a Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit, that Player/Team will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players in a 1v1 Match, or at least one Player on each 2v2 Team, exceed the Edge Grab Limit, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay #17). The Edge Grab Limit will be 35. For Tiebreaker Rounds, the Edge Grab Limit will be 15. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.
19. *Irrelevant
20. Players may take one or more of their teammate’s Stock.

*Specific rules

King DeDeDe's Chaingrab: You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal. You can do Wall infinites only until your opponent's damage exceeds 150%.

Ice Climber's Chaingrab: You can chain grab in place only until your opponent is at 300%. Exceeding 300% is an act of STALLING.

*Stalling

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Planking, however, is a perfect example. If I see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, don't gay.

* The Mike Haze rule:

No shouting at the opponent to intentionally disrupt his/her concentration on the game. You do it, and you'll be disqualified. I know you guys like to be all hype and stuff, but people really need to concentrate.

1v1 Settings

1. Rules = Stock
2. Stock = 3
3. Timer = 8 Minutes
4. Items = Off & None

2v2 Settings

1. Rules = Stock
2. Stock = 3
3. Timer = 8 Minutes
4. Items = Off & None
5. Team Attack = On

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Other stages are completely banned! Even if you both agree on them!

Teh Future

Smash Master
oh my god double rainbow

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a smash tourney. sounds pretty kewl(and close!!!!)

but

*Payout calculated after 10% house cut
that would be mad gay for a championship tournament that attracts moar people

Dnyce

Smash Master
if you have a 15% house cut in addition to the 15% cut for the circuit pot then thats.... mad gay lol

unless I am not understanding this right : /
There will be no house cut for the championship event, just the 15% pot cut. SLAST had a 10% house cut and 10% pot cut, just so you know ;o

This event is in no relation with the circuit though other than the fact it may be the possible venue for the championships if everyone likes it and there's enough room? lol

Teh Future

Smash Master
according to the circuit thread 15% of the pot is supposed to be taken out, not 10.

mr doom also did not mention that 10% of the pot was being taken out for the venue. In addition to the venue fee and considering how terrible the actual venue was, that is some ol bull**** and kansas really needs to find better venues......

but that is completely off topic :D

I just assumed the house cut would extend to any tournaments being run there, which you said might include the championship

Dnyce

Smash Master
according to the circuit thread 15% of the pot is supposed to be taken out, not 10.

mr doom also did not mention that 10% of the pot was being taken out for the venue. In addition to the venue fee and considering how terrible the actual venue was, that is some ol bull**** and kansas really needs to find better venues......

I just assumed the house cut would extend to any tournaments being run there, which you said might include the championship
15 was supposed to be taken out, but Mr. Doom and I had a talk.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of taxing all the money out of a tournament so I do not intend of having a both a house and pot cut for the championships ;)

No worries Future.

mangan

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the advance notice! I hope to bring my noob *** and a friend. I'll provide actual information as things get more concrete on my end.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

It was already posted on the thread. Besides, you didn't win anything.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Didn't Mr. Eric attend Kahoka Me Your Moves? I do remember playing a ROB there, other than Inferno.

Dnyce

Smash Master
EDIT: Why doesn't this threads title have a "Blue" Brawl Tag just like all the other Brawl Tags? lol...
I dunno, I wish it would so I can just remove brawl from the title .-. lol

then you wouldnt mind if i gave you 50??<3
Boring troll is boring =/ I don't really care, but if you feel you have to prove yourself or something it's w/e.

Dnyce

Smash Master
So I just got work from the owners at Collector's Cache that there are about 20-30 locals interested in coming just from putting up a flyer this morning. I would like to thank whomever made the Hot Dickings flyer, cause I used theirs as a model for the one I gave the Collector's Cache people.

<3

EDIT: tentative schedule has been added to the OP.

Dnyce

Smash Master
So I went over to the venue today... I was told about the brawl tournament like 4-5 times before I got to talk to the manager. They're REALLY pushing it to their customers, hahaha.

Nicole

Smash Champion
man guys, no need to be jerks if people are driving all the way from kentucky or wherever to go to this. i dont care how bad his rob is, i doubt he's gonna drive to kansas all alone to have his beepin' 50 dollar MM. this is why i'll never be adopted by kansas, you 8====D's.

mister e, we have never played so i have no clue how good you are. fino is really good, however, so you might not want to have a $50 MM with him, unless you're extremely confident in the olimar matchup...

but you should still come, and bring some kentucky dudes with. :rob:
...although i'm not sure why you posted a vid of you losing...

Dnyce

Smash Master
lmao at insulting people willing to drive out to your tournament.
I don't believe they have made any intention of driving to the tournament yet, just posting here randomly, lol.

The midwest is too big and spread out.
lawlz, we do mm next time we meet<3 for errrr 20 buckos, beepo!

@ Mr. Doom: Mhm! We played a lot... fun times xD
then you wouldnt mind if i gave you 50??<3
fixe d<3

Yeah, I would love a MM like this actually. would be beepin foon =]
I could be wrong, but I don't see the part "man I can't wait to go to this" or the "I think I'm coming" ;o
I think Eric just did a search for "double rainbow" and posted the vid of his terrible ROB playing on RC with the double rainbow audio over it.

:shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy:

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
October is too far in advance for me to plan anything on atm and if i was free - though I'd love to come - it's just not a reasonable drive. My comment earlier pretty much reflects a frustration in how spread out our tournaments are.

Top Bottom