• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Agora

Smash Journeyman
The table layout was beneficial for us, more room for TVs and seating. Problem is... sometimes people play magic on those tables.
Actually, I think the whole reason it felt spacious, and I hate to even think this is true, is probably the advent of those ****ty wooden torture devices they make us sit on now. They take up significantly less space.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, gj being an *** to holy and all the other good players going :S. Yeah , good thing you choked. This way nobody will have to tell you that irl.
I agree with Ian. Frank you suck.
Omg most epic Weekly ever, so much people, that was crazy! The only thing that could have made it better is moar people and Ally not choking :p Kidding. It was an awesome week,ggs everyone!

P.S.: Brawl+ is simply awesome! And weird at the same time, but awesome :)
QFT.

Many of you felt that the game was being balanced for 1vs1-only play, and thus was not suited to team play or free-for-alls. I feel that's a valid concern, and a likely accurate one. So I'll be sure to bring this up with the WBR because we definitely want Brawl+ to be viable for Singles and Doubles.

Anyway, sweet weekly. Chester only playing one round of Brawl+ made me sad. :(
Yeah, now that I think about it, brawl+ is not cool in teams and ffas, especially on small stages like battlefield and ****.
Also, I wanted to do some 1 on 1s, but I didn't get the chance to. There were a lot of chars I wanted to try!
I would never play Brawl+ again after getting ***** like that, LMAO!
Joel's mario respawns, last stock. Holy's ROB chucks him off stage, fair *omg, stun*, fair fair fair fair, recovers towards the stage with a back air... oh wait mario's already dead LOL.
L2P Chester lol.
WOW! get the **** off my back, this is the second time you do this to me. I played to have fun in this free tournament and I had fun. Unlike some people I don't need to place high to prove anything so I can **** play and place however I want.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I agree with Ian. Frank you suck.
QFT.

Yeah, now that I think about it, brawl+ is not cool in teams and ffas, especially on small stages like battlefield and ****.
Also, I wanted to do some 1 on 1s, but I didn't get the chance to. There were a lot of chars I wanted to try!

Joel's mario respawns, last stock. Holy's ROB chucks him off stage, fair *omg, stun*, fair fair fair fair, recovers towards the stage with a back air... oh wait mario's already dead LOL.

WOW! get the **** off my back, this is the second time you do this to me. I played to have fun in this free tournament and I had fun. Unlike some people I don't need to place high to prove anything so I can **** play and place however I want.
Yan* standing for yannick XD.

Il start going to the weeklies as soon as school ends for me.

Xenoman

Smash Rookie
I'd have shown up again, but I had rehearsal—and next week performing in Toronto, so I'm out for a bit.

Besides, I need to really whip my game into shape to stand up with you gents...

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
oh merci pour les vids fizzi. c'est pas mal cool. je peu voi c quoi je fais de mal

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Actually, I think the whole reason it felt spacious, and I hate to even think this is true, is probably the advent of those ****ty wooden torture devices they make us sit on now. They take up significantly less space.
They've had those god awful things for a while now though; you just never happened to have come by earlier :)

That's never an issue to me though, I was seem to manage to find a chair >_>

Agora

Smash Journeyman
^I think I saw them last at the first weekly after FFYF2.
My balls actually did hurt at the end of the evening.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Whoo~

Yeah, this was pretty fun. ^^ Nice to actually play people in Brawl for once!

:x More Zelda practice neededdd.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Some people isn't me, and learn to joke plz.. I thought you understood the warrior more than that lol.

MattyBoi

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

Quick question. Can I take the information on the first page of this thread as a reference to when and where those weeklies are held even if its kind of outdated?

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Only the date of the next weekly and the attendance is outdated (like 2 months old, lol). The location and times are still the same.

But we mostly play Brawl at these weeklies. I'm guessing you're a Melee only player judging from your Montreal thread post. We have a Melee set up sometimes, but with the large attendance lately, I dunno if we'd have a TV for one.

MattyBoi

Smash Rookie
Ah really? ****. I played Brawl a bit but got bored rather quickly. I missed the fast-pace of Melee and now I just can't get enough. I'll keep looking then. Thanks anyways!

kr3wman

Smash Master
Ah, surely you are jesting my friend.

The game is so good I would play it on the virtua boy if you asked me to.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Let's make a 2$ tourney next weekly so Ally bothers going cause he might have last minute johns again. His most popular john is "It's cost to much to get there"
I hope Brawl+ is going to be there too, I've been playing it with Swordgard and Guard. ROB+ is too good =)

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
t's cost to much to get there
He's right to say that, which would be the same reason why I wouldn't invest in a 2$ tourney if you guys were there :)

Also, we need someone to bring TIO if we do it and with Fizzi gone, the only other people that bring their laptops are me and Steb.

Tio doesn't work on my comptuer for some odd reason so we would all have to rely on Steb.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
He's right to say that, which would be the same reason why I wouldn't invest in a 2$ tourney if you guys were there :)

Also, we need someone to bring TIO if we do it and with Fizzi gone, the only other people that bring their laptops are me and Steb.

Tio doesn't work on my comptuer for some odd reason so we would all have to rely on Steb.
Come on it's 2 bucks ;D
I'll try having Swordgard coming to this with his laptop then. :)

swordgard

Smash Hero
Guys, i cant go this week nor next week, nor even the week after i think, just really bad time since my finals are starting now. Man, once school is done, im so going to these >.<

blackeagleshadow

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the matches last week ^^ I've got a lot of fun playing with good Brawl players haha even if I still have trouble with my character.... Anyway, I did go out really early since I've got a terrible headache and I was sick all the weekend even while doing some camping haha. I didn't do really good matches in the tournament, proof that I need a lot of training...I cannot bet all the time on the 9 hammer XD I wonder if I'll come this week, nothing planned as far as I know, so I'll probably be there ^^

Steb

Smash Journeyman
I didn't get a new adapter for my laptop, so I can't bring mine around yet.

I'm not sure about coming this week. Depends if I can manage to study tomorrow night instead.

I'll bring Brawl+ if I do. Not sure what build to use though.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I didn't get a new adapter for my laptop, so I can't bring mine around yet.

I'm not sure about coming this week. Depends if I can manage to study tomorrow night instead.

I'll bring Brawl+ if I do. Not sure what build to use though.
The Apolex build if you can :laugh:
Otherwise I guess the lastest build on the Brawl+ official website from today.

Top Bottom