• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
IT'S SNOWING!!

Also I've heard that Gamersworld on Queen-Mary is officially closed down for good now. =P

And.. what's happening with the normal weeklies anyway? Is it closed or opened or what?

DB-56

Smash Rookie
Like we have already said, we dont mind hosting stuff at our houses. we tested hosting 16 entry tournaments and it all went well. enough space, etc etc. We just need to finish our exams because theres just to much **** to do.

cemo

white walker
aw **** i wish i got paid sooner they're selling all their stuff.
i want that drink fridge and air conditioner!

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
K well, now that finals are done-ish, I completely intend on showing up to the new place at roughly 7 on Wednesday for some Brawl.

Anyone who feels like showing up too, let's do.

DB when are you finished exams?

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
K well, now that finals are done-ish, I completely intend on showing up to the new place at roughly 7 on Wednesday for some Brawl.

Anyone who feels like showing up too, let's do.

DB when are you finished exams?
I'll be there.

If they're closed again, should I wait for ou so we can come up with something else to do?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Greetings to all our dear customers,

It is with deep regret that I must be the bearer of bad news; Gamers' World last day will be on Wednesday April 28, 2010. Yes Gamers' World will be officially closed April 30, 2010.

We would like to start by thanking all of our customers and staff for their support during the last five years and we could not have built a great gaming community without you.

I would also like to take this time to thank all the Montreal Gaming Conventions that gave us the opportunity to attend and represent Gamers' World even though we had just started and run awesome tournaments: including World Cyber Games, Royalcon/Draconis, Otakuthon, Conflict, Arcadia and Concordia Gaming Convention.

As a thank you to all our customers we would like you to take advantage of our final sale from April 27 – 28. The discounts will be out of this world from 40 to 75% off on products.

Gaming PC Tower P4 starting at $250 including Monitor, Windows XP, Mouse, Keyboard, and Speakers.
Ikea PC Table with PC Holder $25 each.
Video Games PC, Xbox 360, PS3 starting at $5.
Office Chair $25 each.
AC - Danby 10000 & 11000BTU portable unit used; 2 available, cools 500sqft with remote. For sale for $100/each
AC - Fedders 32000BTU window unit used cools 1600sqft with remote 28" wide 234lbs. For sale for $250
Soft Drink fridge holds 144 cans, 4 rows by 6 columns, Asking $200
Sanyo SR-3770S Compact Refrigerator Stainless, for Sale for $75.
Folding Chairs White, for Sale for $5.
Terrain Tables 4’x6’ starting at $50, Terrain pieces starting at $5.

Once again I would like to thank everyone for their support, and making the last five years enjoyable.

Michel Sayegh
Président
Gamers’ World
4986 Queen Mary
Montréal, QC
H3W1X2
msayegh at gamersworld dot ca

:(

kr3wman

Smash Master
wasnt there this insect that spent his whole life (IE a day or so) looking for a mate, mating, and then dieing right after laying the eggs, eggs who would stay into the ground for the night until hatching the next morning repeating the cycle?

reminds me of the internet.

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
wasnt there this insect that spent his whole life (IE a day or so) looking for a mate, mating, and then dieing right after laying the eggs, eggs who would stay into the ground for the night until hatching the next morning repeating the cycle?

reminds me of the internet.
Aren't those dragonflies?

I could be wrong, though.

Nicely played, Jer.

kr3wman

Smash Master
des éphémères...

EDIT : I'm guessing in english their name is Mayfly since their other name in french is mouche de mai.

kr3wman

Smash Master
hey we met Gamer's world guy last week!

was pretty fun talking to him.

B- was cool.

SSF4 was pretty cool too.

who's coming this week?

(no one I'm guessing)

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
hey we met Gamer's world guy last week!

was pretty fun talking to him.

B- was cool.

SSF4 was pretty cool too.

who's coming this week?

(no one I'm guessing)
I would, but I'm attending my best friend's show.

Dan probably got his yearly dose of Barwlrwlrlwlrlwrl anyway. :/

kr3wman

Smash Master
Should I make a joke about you guys working at Blizzard/Valve time or should I just quote the Soon* copyright text?

swordgard

Smash Hero
I will be posting bisb 5 thread, once again if any of you wants to host a melee/brawl + tournament in the basement, be my guest. Bring your own setups though.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Oh god, you had 11 entrants to your last tourney, you might get lucky if you get 15 at this one, just leave tourneys for the Toronto scene, Montreal is pretty dead
You know, a community doesn't come back to life by itself. If you guys helped, it could be different.

cemo

white walker
it's the job of the community to bring in new players. tournies help, but they'll fail without some advertising/pr. since it's usually the scrubs and the nubz that feed the pot, you need to be pretty dedicated to welcoming (and finding) new players, rather than secretive and in st-hubert.

i'm all for a melee tournie though woo!

swordgard

Smash Hero
it's the job of the community to bring in new players. tournies help, but they'll fail without some advertising/pr. since it's usually the scrubs and the nubz that feed the pot, you need to be pretty dedicated to welcoming (and finding) new players, rather than secretive and in st-hubert.

i'm all for a melee tournie though woo!
I am actually not secretive and trying to find players. However, not many are helping in that aspect, so yeah.

cemo

white walker
location is a pretty big issue, still. not everyone is willing to travel to longayl to play brawl. having a fest somewhere in town every 2 or 3 weeks would probably do wonders.

swordgard

Smash Hero
location is a pretty big issue, still. not everyone is willing to travel to longayl to play brawl. having a fest somewhere in town every 2 or 3 weeks would probably do wonders.
Except thats out of my power. The community would benefit greatly from having other people trying to bring in new players, but very few do >.<

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't play smash at all anymore, so i won't be much of a help ever...

GL with your scene :S
I pretty much only play 64 now. :/

Brawl: I once saw a guy post this, I forget who. But it represents my opinion of Brawl really well. "Brawl Fun Competitive" - "Choose 2"

Melee: I was seriously discouraged by the sheer amount of time it will take me to be anywhere close to decent.

Brawl+: Turned to crap really fast.

Brawl-: Reqally fun, but I don't see it going competitive. Ever.

Smash64: Crazy-fun, but aside from Kr3w, Lford, Agony, Alopex and I (and mayyybe Chester), I can't think of anybody who would play it enough to even have a "scene".

Smash is dying.

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, i am missing the weeklie, my heart is empty without les mercredi smash weeklie

Would be cool if next tournement was brawl + melee so we would be more

also not sure where that misconception came from, but in the past few month swordguard is by far the guy who spent the most energy trying to make the community grow

Top Bottom