• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Hey I will be hosting a tournament around february 4-11 unno which weekend but it's going to be Brawl AND Melee (if melee people show interest) Let us know it will most likely be in Montreal. I might add pot bonus but that's not guaranteed, let me know.

(Pre Pound 5 tourney)

Kirby1

Smash Cadet
He's not that good in teams. Instead of helping or carrying his teamate, he kicks his *** lol. We've been trying to tell them to stop hitting your own teamate for 2 years now.. maybe he'll understand soon.. or not.. lol. Which is why he did not win 2v2 when I saw it in Pikalex tournament, pretty funny still.
I dunno, I thought it was mostly my fault. I am terrible at teams. It sucked though that when I grabbed cc he just waited there. We would have won but pest was afraid to hit me or something.

That's not what I heard, I heard them say they want new people to come in the melee scene and they dont want top players scare them.
Well, it's CC who invites people. I think most of the people there (unless I am mistaken) would love better competition. It was mad fun playing vs. vwins at the last CC tourney and stuff.

because lesser skilled players should seek their masters if they want to improve
Also wanted to address this. Personally I've tried (sort of), but I am not exactly good at it I think >_>.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hey I will be hosting a tournament around february 4-11 unno which weekend but it's going to be Brawl AND Melee (if melee people show interest) Let us know it will most likely be in Montreal. I might add pot bonus but that's not guaranteed, let me know.

(Pre Pound 5 tourney)
**** nice, I am interested. Everyone else should be interested too cmon guys, it's time to show your true power!

Captain Charisma

Smash Cadet
There's also secret fests amongst the CC group that do stuff together at times however I do not know the details because I never get invited. lol.
u never asked me if you can come or anything

lol and there's no secret fests...exept maybe the ones you do that only the "pros" are invited.

j'ai meme essayé de t'inviter 2 fois par PM et facebook mais ta meme pas pris la peine de me repondre...peut-etre que tu reponds just quand ya de l'argent en jeu ?

je vois pas c'est quoi ton but ? je t'invite...tu me reponds pas.
et la tu vas dire sur smashboards que tu es pas invité lol ?

AllyKnight

Alright since interest is looking good, I'll start working on it.

Also if anyone know any good venue we can rent (**** Netcamp or those venue that eats up all the money no matter how many people)

Let me know that is my ONLY problem before starting to hype stuff etc, gotta find one.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
u never asked me if you can come or anything

lol and there's no secret fests...exept maybe the ones you do that only the "pros" are invited.

j'ai meme essayé de t'inviter 2 fois par PM et facebook mais ta meme pas pris la peine de me repondre...peut-etre que tu reponds just quand ya de l'argent en jeu ?

je vois pas c'est quoi ton but ? je t'invite...tu me reponds pas.
et la tu vas dire sur smashboards que tu es pas invité lol ?
Do I have to ask to come? I have my own goals to achieve as well. Pi j'ai jamais eu d'invitation de toi sur Facebook. Pi en PMs la derniere fois cetait y'a a peu pres 3-4 mois. Les MMs je fais ca parce que ca pratique le tournament style of play.. la pratique sous pression. Apart ca, ca me derange pas de jouer avec qui que ca soit.

Captain Charisma

Smash Cadet
If you wanna come,yes you have to ask.
cuz it's not your tournament and not your house.

oui,il y a 3-4 mois,quand je t'avais ecrit...tu m'avais meme pas répondu oui ou non...so je t'ai pas reinvité.
c tout.

oui c'est vrai que c'est bon les MMs pour pratiquer sous pression,mais c'est pas de ca que je parlais lol

mais whatever,I'll invite you to the next smashfest...the matchs are always more hype with you screaming in the background lol.

mais c'est rare qu'on fait des smashfests...

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
If you wanna come,yes you have to ask.
cuz it's not your tournament and not your house.

oui,il y a 3-4 mois,quand je t'avais ecrit...tu m'avais meme pas répondu oui ou non...so je t'ai pas reinvité.
c tout.

oui c'est vrai que c'est bon les MMs pour pratiquer sous pression,mais c'est pas de ca que je parlais lol

mais whatever,I'll invite you to the next smashfest...the matchs are always more hype with you screaming in the background lol.

mais c'est rare qu'on fait des smashfests...
If you do one, please invite me, I'll try to come.

Captain Charisma

Smash Cadet
Quote: Ouais mais j'avais entendu dire que les fests c'etait sur invitation alors comment je suis supposer le demander quand je ne sais pas c'est quand? lol.

Quote: "quand je t'avais ecrit...tu m'avais meme pas répondu oui ou non...so je t'ai pas reinvité.
c tout."

"I'll invite you to the next smashfest"

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
j'aimerais bien que qqun organise un mini tournoi durant les périodes des fetes, tlm sera alors en vacance, sa serais nice ..

yea im interesed for your tournament elliot

also erayz, let play alot of time durant les fetes.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
@Ally
I would try to attend if you ran a tournament.

The meet up the BlazBlue/Guilty Gear community are having this Sunday is slowly turning into a smashfest ever since someone mentioned smash, lol.

kr3wman

Smash Master
The meet up the BlazBlue/Guilty Gear community are having this Sunday is slowly turning into a smashfest ever since someone mentioned smash, lol.
last saturday there was this guy, long blond hair I guess, we played each other in some games. I wrecked him in like SSF4, SC2, ST, MvC2, it was horrible lol. We should've played BB or something so he could get something.

EDIT : wtf the BB mtl thread on dustloop is so active lulz.

AllyKnight

I'm aiming for 5th or 13th Feb lol I wont be in Canada for a while =l. Also if you know GOOOD montreal venues, let me know. It's the only problem for the tournament to happen. I'll try to look for one but help is appreciated esp since I don't live in Montreal and it costs a bunch to get there =L

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
I'm aiming for 5th or 13th Feb lol I wont be in Canada for a while =l. Also if you know GOOOD montreal venues, let me know. It's the only problem for the tournament to happen. I'll try to look for one but help is appreciated esp since I don't live in Montreal and it costs a bunch to get there =L
My vote goes to both... =P though it's funny one is saturday and the other is sunday XD

What about that venue Zaf used near Pie-IX? That was a good/cheap venue right?
This.

AllyKnight

Yeah I know about that venue but Swordgard told me about the boss of that thing being there and also being gay... if we can get the venue for the whole day like before, then that'd be perfect, would you guys be willing to check? I'll go if I really have to but Zaf/whoever went with him for FFYF2 has better chances.

feb12 *** not 13 my bad.

swordgard

Smash Hero
What about that venue Zaf used near Pie-IX? That was a good/cheap venue right?
Not the same person in charge anymore.

edit: Ally, there is no point going with zaf or whoever, they have never even seen the new owner -.-.

Top Bottom