• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

vrud

Smash Apprentice
ummm ... st-anne? ... u got the belle-vue part right XD .. its situated next to grande-allée and greenfield park .... i dunno if thats wat u meant or not .... im too noob when it comes to street names XD

Umm if u want i could give u my postal code and then u could look on google maps .... y do u want to no anyway

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Bump.

----------------------------

Hello Joel,

Good to hear from you again, all right well here goes;

1/ Tourney - It will be to early for us on April 30th so what about having the tournament on May 14th, we could have a luanch date and it will give me time to find some Wii's. Honnestly I was thinking of starting with the cubes and slowly moving to the Wii's as I'm trying (please pay attention to the word 'trying') to negociate something with Nintendo. We would have 4 tv's so I was thinking of limiting the tourney to 16 people depending on the type of tourney? If it's single elimination free for all it may be easier to have more players, also will it be one vs one or free for all 4 players at once?

2/ Space - We will save the front and back for you guys on Wednesdays, we will dedicate our store to SuperSmash on Wednesdays and try to have the biggest kick *** Smash league in Canada. Doing so we will try to get Nintendo to jump in and give some prize support.

3/ Pricing - I think the $5 for 7 to 11pm is pretty fair, it's actually cheaper than going to see a movie and the same price as cheapie night but you get an extra hour of interactive enjoyment : ) and we could do $8 for 5 to 11pm. If we get the Wiis and the Smash games we may have to charge a $1 or $2 more though but let me check it out.

4/ Tourney pricing - Depending on what the turn out is and what you guys would like to have as prizes? Tourney could be between $10-$15 per person if 20 players show up well that's $200 to $300 so we could have some cool prize support.

Let me know when would be a good time for you to pass by the store and I'll make sure to be there. Give me a buzz at the store at 514-788-5389.

Cheers!!!

Mike

----------------------

Discuss. PS, May 14th is the second Wednesday of May.

Damax

Smash Lord
Bump.

----------------------------

Hello Joel,

Good to hear from you again, all right well here goes;

1/ Tourney - It will be to early for us on April 30th so what about having the tournament on May 14th, we could have a luanch date and it will give me time to find some Wii's. Honnestly I was thinking of starting with the cubes and slowly moving to the Wii's as I'm trying (please pay attention to the word 'trying') to negociate something with Nintendo. We would have 4 tv's so I was thinking of limiting the tourney to 16 people depending on the type of tourney? If it's single elimination free for all it may be easier to have more players, also will it be one vs one or free for all 4 players at once?

2/ Space - We will save the front and back for you guys on Wednesdays, we will dedicate our store to SuperSmash on Wednesdays and try to have the biggest kick *** Smash league in Canada. Doing so we will try to get Nintendo to jump in and give some prize support.

3/ Pricing - I think the $5 for 7 to 11pm is pretty fair, it's actually cheaper than going to see a movie and the same price as cheapie night but you get an extra hour of interactive enjoyment : ) and we could do $8 for 5 to 11pm. If we get the Wiis and the Smash games we may have to charge a $1 or $2 more though but let me check it out.

4/ Tourney pricing - Depending on what the turn out is and what you guys would like to have as prizes? Tourney could be between $10-$15 per person if 20 players show up well that's $200 to $300 so we could have some cool prize support.

Let me know when would be a good time for you to pass by the store and I'll make sure to be there. Give me a buzz at the store at 514-788-5389.

Cheers!!!

Mike

----------------------

Discuss. PS, May 14th is the second Wednesday of May.
Well well... looks like he's got a bit high about it. he seems like he want to do some l'Enjeux style stuff but with game cube (which wouldn't happen)

I guess we should simply ask him how do he intend to make this grow big? any kind of publicity? etc... Lot came to my mind while reading I just don't really know where to start... he seems ambitious, it might be good.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
He was talking about that Nintendo stuff way back in the day before the Melee Smashfests got canceled, but it never happened. However, that might have been due to Melee being an old game, or he foresaw that he would need to close down the Smashfests eventually, so it's still nice that he's trying again.

I'm cool with the price and using both the front and back of the place.

16 player tourney might be a problem, especially early on when there will likely be as much, or more players showing up. However, in the long run, it's probably a good thing?

Only real complaint is how he's hesitant on the Wiis AND that he's thinking of charging more for entry if he gets them. I guess we'll have to bring our own Wiis for some time.

Damax

Smash Lord
so there will be no bi-weekly next week? We don't need to do a tournament right away and we can bring some wii.
yeah, look who's talking about bringing the wiis....

there's still wii shortage? lmao I bet there's still plenty of ****ing noobs buying them off ebay. There's a bunch of wii where I am right now LOL

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Yeah, like Vwins said, we don't need to do a tourney right away. We can just go there to play like smash fests and do a tourney later.

As for bringing wiis I think it woudn't be much of a problem...I can bring mine with brawl for sure.

And that guy really seemed ambitious o_O ''Be the biggest thing in Canada'' >.<

zaf

Smash Lord
Yeah, like Vwins said, we don't need to do a tourney right away. We can just go there to play like smash fests and do a tourney later.

As for bringing wiis I think it wouldn't be much of a problem...I can bring mine with brawl for sure.

And that guy really seemed ambitious o_O ''Be the biggest thing in Canada'' >.<

yea smashfests would be good to start off then get into a league/tourney. i agree.

I can also bring a wii and ssbb.

the prices seem very fair, and space seems good. I just don't want to do ffa for tourneys.

Vwins

Smash Ace
yeah, look who's talking about bringing the wiis....

there's still wii shortage? lmao I bet there's still plenty of ****ing noobs buying them off ebay. There's a bunch of wii where I am right now LOL
jparlais pour le reste du monde si vous voulez pas amener de wii pas de problème ma amener mon gamecube pèter pis jouer a melee

vrud

Smash Apprentice
OK GREAT!!!! >.< now im all confused ....will there be a bi-weekly this friday? .... and O ya ... for that one i can bring a gamecube ..... if that helps :S but with only one controler XD wireless ... if that matters..

O forgot to mention ... Vek can probly bring one gamecube too ... but he also only has one controller T.T

vrud

Smash Apprentice
THERE HAPPY!! XD kidding

anyway back to biweeklies if its not friday can u plz tell me when the next one is pweety pweez o if its confirmed by now. Anyway ya it seems as though me and Vek can both bring Gamecubes but the number of controlers we can bring is now undetermined because i can bring one for sure but i think Vek can bring a couple I think its 4 but still not sure.

In any case, its not important if the date of bi-weekly is still unknown.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
THERE HAPPY!! XD kidding

anyway back to biweeklies if its not friday can u plz tell me when the next one is pweety pweez o if its confirmed by now. Anyway ya it seems as though me and Vek can both bring Gamecubes but the number of controlers we can bring is now undetermined because i can bring one for sure but i think Vek can bring a couple I think its 4 but still not sure.

lol thanx a lotz

I love you no homo.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
>.> sure u arnt XD kidding again XD. Im bored need new players to play against even if ill get my *** kicked probly get 3 stocked every time XD

Damax

Smash Lord
THERE HAPPY!! XD kidding

you aren't supposed to bring controllers.... its BYOC rule, just like BYOB but remplace controller instead of beer.

note: if you still can't figure what it mean: Bring your own controller.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
XD funny

Anyway, ummm, still no news for biweeklies? i mean i kinda understood that there wasnt any on friday so the next one is wednesday right? plz respond

Top Bottom